It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Building Revolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Here is a great link to a Video in regards to a new green building standard.

I think progressive thinkers will appreciate how advanced this organization is and how many corporations are already buying into it.

Since 2000, over 5000 certified buildings have been rated and constructed.

Green Building Revolution

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Thanks for the link RealTruth.

This is a great step forward. However, not enough contractors are getting involved yet. This should be the ground floor for building anything IMO.

LEED is a great way of improving environmental standards, but is usually geared to those who have the cash to afford it.

There needs to be natural building on the cheap...Cob
and straw bale are the way to go.

Cheap building costs, quick building time, energy efficient, AND environmentally friendly.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Green building is one of my great intrest. This has been going on north of me since the 60s, an outgrowth of the commune hippie movement.

I have built and lived in houses of adobe and haybales, Building my first house in 77 .

www.greenhomebuilding.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Green building is one of my great intrest. This has been going on north of me since the 60s, an outgrowth of the commune hippie movement.

I have built and lived in houses of adobe and haybales, Building my first house in 77 .

www.greenhomebuilding.com...

Site Bookmarked. Thank you.

I am would love to build my dream earth home. Somewhere our society took a wrong turn and never looked back. It is absolute insanity the majority of building now a days and the waste, pollution, etc...

new topics

top topics

join