It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Patent For Real??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hi!

I've had this pic on my desktop for a while now and for the life of me, I can't remember where it came from!

It's a patent from the 50's of a disc propulsion system designed by none other than a protege of Nikolai Tesla's.

Can anyone verify for me whether this is for real??

The line at the top says: "True terrestrial space craft of this age - using space itself as the catalyst for the interchangeable forces of electro-magnetism and gravity."

Apparently force fields were a major part of the basis of it's design, being the source of protection and propulsion.

So any answers would be very much appreciated!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
While i cant truly verify its real i have seen it on various ufo documentaries in britain.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The print in the paragraph on the right says it was patented by Otis T. Carr in 1958.

Anyone know anything on this guy?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
you should go to the projectcamelot.org... and watch the interview with ralph ring. scroll down to find it.
ralph worked with carr and claims they made a ufo.
Watch the interview for the details. very interesting

[edit on 6/2/2008 by neo2012]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

Thanks for the link!

It's unfortunate that the human element seemed to have gotten into the equation and ballsed it all up!...

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Apparently the guy patented a toy version(Which is the version in the image). The guy uses the theory that EM fields can manipulate gravity. But he had no idea what a superconductor was. Carr was hardly a scientist if we put forward all the things he claimed to have invented. Including a Photon Gun! Which is preposterous, but a wild claim non the less.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Apparently the guy patented a toy version(Which is the version in the image). The guy uses the theory that EM fields can manipulate gravity. But he had no idea what a superconductor was. Carr was hardly a scientist if we put forward all the things he claimed to have invented. Including a Photon Gun! Which is preposterous, but a wild claim non the less.

en.wikipedia.org...

Uhm.... How is a photon gun preposterous? Literally, my hand held laser could be construed as a photon gun.

I think you may have gone off the deep end with that last sentence.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I was "told" by someone of a local inventor who was working on some kind of proton reactor that would produce a huge amount of energy sounded alot like what bob lazaar was working on

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Flipping through my book of "Fantastic Inventions of Nikola Tesla", I found on page 15 a "spaceship design of an electron wind craft from 1927." Also, on page 276 there is mention of an improved unipolar generator. The folowing is an excerp:

In 1891, Tesla published an article in The Electrical Engineer (New York, Sept. 2, 1891) about his improved version of the Unipolar Generator. His rotating disc and opposing magnets has been copied by many "magic-motor" builders over the years.

There is also a complete book of all of his patents if you want to search for it there. After getting a patent for his VTOL (vertical take off and landing machine) in 1928, he no longer sought patents for his devices.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

If he was such a dufus, then where the hell did I get the impression that he was Tesla's protege??

Man! Now I look like a dufus! Where do I get my info from??

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Awesome!

Is this book available at any good bookseller? Or only online?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I hate to bring this out... but here is the only patent I could find on mr. Otis T. Carr

Amusement device

The device looks kinda U.F.O shaped atleast... who knows?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I did a patent search for Otis T. Carr and nothing came up. Hope this helps.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluess
I hate to bring this out... but here is the only patent I could find on mr. Otis T. Carr.
Amusement device
The device looks kinda U.F.O shaped atleast... who knows?

According to the story, he patented the thing as an amusement device, but only as a cover for the real flying saucer. Sounds a little questionable. Anyway, the blueprints are right there. If anybody wanted to build it to try it out, I guess they could. I don't see any Jetson's-style flying cars zipping around, so I assume it doesn't work. But what do I know?

P.S. - The Patent Office has all kinds of flying saucers on file. You just fill out the paperwork and pay the fee. It doesn't have to actually work.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Anderi

I got both books at Barnes and Noble. While you're scoping out the underground, try the latte.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Also, check out futurehorizons.net. They have jet packs and flying saucers and all sorts of cool stuff for the technogeek. Happy hunting.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys!

You guys have got to be the most knowledgeable community re. alternative topics!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
3 points on this topic

1) you dont have to dig very deep to find that experiments using electromagnetic fields have been going on since the 1800's.

2) allmost all our power generating technology is 100 years old. we went from the first flight in 1901 to jet and rocket powered craft in 30 to 40 years and space travel not long after that. The internal combustion engine has been around even longer ( so the point is did the worlds scientists stop thinking after the 1940's, I dont think so )

3) people wonder if technology is hidden or repressed, OF COARSE IT IS, it gives any country an advantage to have better hidden technology than the other, and if you want a classic example of repressed technology, watch the documentary, WHO KILLED THE ELECTRIC CAR. If you listen to the car makers at the moment talking about electric and hybrid cars you would think it was brand new technology BULL#@#*^% GM made a perfectly good electric car decades ago, which by the way, people who had them loved them, they where a great car, to good, because they took them right back, took them to a remote location and crushed them all, unbelievable!!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by west aussie

Yeah, I wanna see that doco!

And it sort of seems to me that hybrid cars are just a copout so they don't have to go full electric...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join