It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

El nina or finely tuned haarp

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
China is getting buried in snow. Worst in a century. It's 60 in Cleveland OH tonite and rain is moving sideways. Flood watches out. Glad I live on a hill. The weather casters of late look like loons. Ice storms don't pan out, fog advisories not. It is really strange.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Its definently La Nina.

Our climate section monitors it and La Nina is returning towards Australia while El Nino is returning towards the Souht American continent. It was shaping up as a neutral year, but its a bit wetter than we expected. Nothing to worry about here

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
In the city where my home is, Florianopolis southern Brazil, last Wednesday and Thursday were wicked. It rained the amount expect for whole February in just 2 days.
It came down hard and non-stop so people had to face a minor flood in some areas of the city.
The old people from town tell that it has been more than 15 years since they didn't see the amount and the way of the rain that came recently.

It's known that its El nino season, but damn... that was pretty scary for many that lost their cars and homes.

Peace

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This is some trippy weather, man. A couple days ago, it snowed 2 feet, then a day later, it rained heavily all day, and for the next day, it was some of the worst fog I've ever seen and it was like in the 50s. This is whacked. I don't remember El nino or La Nina ever being this up and down, especially in the middle of february. Last month, it reached a high of almost 70! In JANUARY! This is kinda weirding me out.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

Your weather is probably not attributed to La Nina or El Nino. Perhaps you could tell me where abouts you live and I could explain why you have been getting that weather.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
SE MO here. We had warm weather. Super strong winds came thru. Blew an antenna over that has stood for over 7 years. Blew shingles off of the roof. Roof was about 12 years old. So we had the strongest winds in over a decade at least. Then freezing rain/snow/ice. Then 60-70 degree weather. Now we are supposed to get strong winds again. Then cold.

I don't like this.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hey oz, Illinois is in the united states. It encompassed chicago and other large cities. I sort of have a problem with the way you dismiss most everything offhand. Normal, no problems, just nature. Sure the 20 millions stuck in china train station for a week would have loved to have you tell them with a megaphone, its all good.
Climatological changes are becoming more severe and incidents increasing.
Many believe either global warming or haarp may play an influence.
If I was really a conspiracy guy I'd think what would be the best way to screw a country over. Not by guns, but by burying them in snow. Then all the the submarined fiber optic cables getting cut...lol.
My personal opinion is, weather patterns of late are anything but normal.

Oz, you tell me it's 'definently(sp) La nina', then you turn about and tell the second next poster 'definately not la nina, el nino'. I think you're full of hooey. Illinois is two states away from me. I'd brush up on geography, diction, and reality.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Southeast Missouri here as well. I can vouch for cold weather then warm weather bringing funnel clouds here, then snow/ice and today again with the tornado watches.

What strange few months so far. This tornado watch is on from 3 pm until midnight.

Raist

[edit on 2/5/08 by Raist]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Just thought I would add something I mentioned to my wife last night.

I told her our pets had been acting weird all day. Then last night early this morning there were some pretty heavy storms that rolled through, and today more storms possibly worse coming through.

They are saying that there are very good chances of large tornados being seen throughout the area.

Here is a link to the local weather station in case anyone is interested.

www.kfvs.com...

The main page has a live Doppler showing on it at this moment I can see the west is being hit.

Raist

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Three nights ago raith during heavy weather I could have knitted my dogs to my feet. It was most unusual. Not their typical behaviour. Mind I ask where is your twenty, or general viscinity Raist?
Sorry, just read Missouri area, the south pacific nina has really been running thru there, for weeks now.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I sent a U2U on my location.

The dog was not acting much stranger than normal though she was somewhat in a cranky mood.
The cats though were freaking out and running all over meowing like Lassie used to when she was telling people something in the television show years ago.

Normally the cats are pretty laid back but yesterday they drove me nutty lol.

Raist

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Thanks, Raist.
It was 3/4 days ago. Heavy weather 20 miles south, a front moving in. My two dogs were absolutely inconsolable. I felt like I was wearing organic slippers. Have never seen them that way.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
No problem.

Maybe we should keep a close eye on our pets for a while.

Normally my pets are not acting like they have until recently with all the weird weather. The past few weeks have definitely been strange weather wise. I was actually going to start a thread similar to this about the weather in the fragile earth section a few days ago because of how things have been.

Raist

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
A few thoughts to ponder.....when HAARP is active for whatever reason, it's effect on the weather directly or indirectly has to be understood. HARPP has been touted as the swiss army knife of the military. If only a few of the alleged uses are real what an amazing and dangerous tool man possesses. If we are creating and altering the weather we need to stop! The earth has been in charge of it's self from the beginning of time. The balance of weather patterns is critical to everyone on this planet. If there is a few people playing god, god will rule out. The balance will be restored with or without us!! I'm afraid we are not evolved enough for the technology we posses. Greed and power hungry mental ill people will see us to or final days.

check this out about HAARP
www.geocities.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Why on earth would anyone blame the current weather on HAARP?

It's a well known fact that our weather moves between periods of El Nino with shorter periods of La Nina.

People on this forum are far too quick to look for hidden causes that simply aren't there.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by shirty

what you say is true and those events do play there part as they should. but look at the intensity of weather events the wide fluctuations in temperatures we are seeing. In a time of rising global temperatures, tremendous loss of the ice sheets at both poles, Interference from the use of haarp in this environment is dangerous. If it's being used haphazardly for geopolitical desires than we are in big trouble.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Hi JPM,
I'm with you. these are strange days weather wise. I recently started a thread (Noticed any changes lately www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread324679/pg1
) looking for possible explanations. Oz (who I do respect and gives good insite to many things) dismissed it off hand then as well.
Oz...Buddy....do we need to see something like "the day after tomorrow" for you to acknowledge exteme weather patterns?
While the Hoo Haa of TU24 was going on the TU24.org site mentioned a great deal of weather phenominon just after is had passed with links to magentosphere diagrams etc. Not saying this is the case or reigniting this one (Good thread by the way Mungodave)
but something has to be going on......

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Im with you jpm things are not right. I like to use the phrase out of wack. I believe whole heartedly the expirements being conducted on the ionosphere using HAARP is wreaking havok on our fragile climate. It is windy as all hell right now with tornadoes touching down around the area in a time when we should be freezing and buried in snow. I had the windows open all day. The weather is off to say the least and I think we(mankind/the government) are to blame.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Now this is one I really believe. The people jacking around with the clouds and global warming are making the weather WEIRD. I have been alive 32 years. spent much of it playing outside in snow, rain, and sun. The last 5 years have me very concerned. HAARP and cloud seeding need to stop. TX was 78 today and 29 tonight! No word of a cold front. I know the old saying about weather in TX, but this is like Mars.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join