It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Mars?? Help!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I have noticed - that there are some members here - that are quite adept at identifying photo aspects that are unfamiliar to the layman observer.

While reviewing an image of Mars 'Crater Dunefield' - I found a small section ( of a very large file ) that showed a series of concentric circles - that surely cannot be a natural phenomenon. Not claiming anything 'anomolous' here - but asking for experienced people to identify the source of this 'marking.' Can you reference other examples?? Personally, I have not seen this before.

please view -

Circles on Mars??

Greatly appreciate your expertise.

jb

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
probably the lenses of the satelite... or some manipulation....

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It may be a seal embossed on the reverse side of the photo.

Sample seal.

Source

[edit on 31/1/08 by Rhain]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I was thinking possibly 'watermark' - but it is a digital image... and not sure if there is a 'backside' to have been 'stamped with a seal' though.

FB.. have considered the possible 'filter artifact' - but perfect concentric circles is highly unlikely.

'Lens' is possible, but the image area in question fits perfectly into the shape of the manifestation.

Great input. I am sure that someone here will exact the example.

Thank you in advance.

jb

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Image has been explained... to my satisfaction. I greatly appreciate your participation. Page is coming down now.

Thanks so very much. Very studious group here, I must say.

jb

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
That page has been removed. Sorry for the inconvenience - if you did not notice this post.

jb

new topics

top topics

join