It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subterranian life on Mars? (pics)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This comes from the same Spirit picture that the 'little bigfoot' figure has been found in. I was going back and forth over the picture looking for some abnormalities and found this right here:

It looks like something is kicking up the dust above the red arrow to me; It may be my eyes playing tricks on me though (so I intend on borrowing yours). If you want to find the full sized here it is:imagewww.nasa.gov...

Then here is an image showing where the object in question appears relative to the full sized image...

(The red line may be a little thin but it is almost dead center of the photo taken. Which got me thinking; Do these cameras have motion sensors that flash a picture if something moves? If not then what am I seeing here? Thanks for your input.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beaverg

Good evening, yeah I was all over this to till my eyes bled. There are actually quite a few anomalies in this image. I tried to pass them on but no one was interested. It has something to do with your finding.
I'll show one to you: If you look between the left rover panel and the middle of the rover you will see what appears to be a snake, for lack of a better word, coming out of the soil below a rock formation. Let me know what you think!

[edit on 1/30/2008 by Vulgate]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Vulgate

I think I see what you are talking about. Looks like a horn almost; It seperates itself from the sand beneath it but is still attached to the rock beside it from what I can tell. Rocks shape oddly on mars; Wind plays odd games I guess.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well personally I don't buy the wind thing. I have seen some pretty strange rock formations in my life and I'm sure anyone who looks at this will find some way to disregard it as a wind blown formation. I don't buy it. I don't know maybe I am looking for something that isn't there. I'll be the 1st to admit that I want something to grab hold of here as proof.
This formation is either coming from below this rock formation or along side of it. For the wind to shape a rock like this so close to the ground and being a part of such a large rock formation, I just don't buy it. Also there are more of these in the image just not as pronounced as this one.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Vulgate

Since I've never been hunting rocks in the desert I can't give first hand accounts of anything like that happening. The average sedimentary rock would have broken under that type of erosion as far as I can tell too.

Also in the original pictures I posted you can see the shadow of the tentacle underneath it.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by beaverg]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by beaverg

Hi, beaverg

After several months near the base of the plateau called "Home Plate" in the inner basin of the Columbia Hills range inside Gusev Crater, Spirit climbed onto the eastern edge of the plateau during the rover's 1,306th Martian day, or sol, (Sept. 5, 2007). It examined rocks and soils at several locations on the southern half of Home Plate during September and October. It was perched near the western edge of Home Plate when it used its panoramic camera (Pancam) to take the images used in this view on sols 1,366 through 1,369 (Nov. 6 through Nov. 9, 2007).

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here you can find all the raw images of all the series in question: pheraps you will find a better detail of it.

marsrover.nasa.gov...
marsrover.nasa.gov...
marsrover.nasa.gov...
marsrover.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
thanks for the links. Here is a frame with it:
i31.photobucket.com...

Here are links to three more frames.
marsrover.nasa.gov...
marsrover.nasa.gov...
marsrover.nasa.gov...

In my opinion it seems like there is an anomaly in the texture of the sand and the shading of the object. Even if it is a rock.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by beaverg

Well done, you have been very quick

I've outlined what i think to be, more or less, its shape:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Thank you! That close-up pretty much does it for me. What I originally saw a moving object in looks like a rock on the lower left of the outlined object in your picture; Now if I just understood shadows on mars.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by beaverg

Hi Beaverg --

I know you now realize that it is a rock, but here is some more evidence for those who are not yet convinced...

Here are four photos of that object (the same photos you linked in your post above). These are among the raw images that were used to create that mosaic panorama in the OP:

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...
These first two were taken at the same time by the Left and Right "eyes" of the Pancam.

These two photos were taken 103 seconds and 179 seconds (respectively) later than those first photos. Even though these photos are taken 2 to 3 minutes apart, the object still looks the same, indicating that it is not sand being flung into the air, but probably just the flat end of a split rock.

[edit on 2/19/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

new topics

top topics

join