It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about gaining points

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I have been unable to find anything that gives information on the accumulation of points. I am dieing to get into R.A.T.S. but I cannot seem to get any points. Somehow people that have only been registered for a couple of days have almost as many points as me, yet I have been registered and posting for months now. Can anyone explain this all to me please? Or if I have missed something please direct me to the information. Thanks a bunch.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Post topics that other will be encouraged to comment on, and you can get points that way or comment alot....

really is the only way just be very active.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I believe currently it is Podcasts that will give you the "most" points at this time.

You can also try entering various contests we have from time to time for fiction writing and avatar creations.

[edit on 1-28-2008 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Steve-0! ya gotta post a thread. or two. or three.............or maybe even four my brotha. And keep posting on other topics as well. I aint saying dont just chime in to be a "point farmer" (thats not what all this interaction and group discussion is supposed to be about anyways [right?] - my opinion..) But find yourself a topic you think is worthy of being hashed out and discussing, and if its points you seek...then points you shall see.

spikeD.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Here's a list of all the points you get for doing stuff..

All About Points

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Thanks for the quick replies you two. Are you able to tell me the amount of points you get for a post? And how many you can get for starting a thread that is popular? No one is interested in my threads unfortunately, but I don't want to go posting nonsense just to get points. Oh well I hope maybe by next year I will qualify

Sorry when I typed this there was only 2 responses, thanks to all for helping me. This is my most popular thread yet! HAHA

[edit on 28-1-2008 by sputniksteve]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You get 1 point per post, and 2 points every time someone responds to a thread you made.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Also read these
ATS handbook

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
And don't forget that a really good post may get you an "applause" off a mod.

These are worth 500 points on ATS and more (I think) on BTS and AP.

Doesn't matter if it's not your thread - a great post will usually get you an applause, plus a lot more answers, thereby upping your total even more!

I think you can use combined points for RATS.
?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Points, you want points? You could enter the coveted ATS Valentines Day Avatar Competition!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Thanks again for all the help. I seem to remember that it was like 5000 points or something to get into RATS? I cannot seem to find any information on it now, can anyone verify this for me?

And is RATS that great to get into does anyone know? I'm not all that concerned with making my Avatar space look pretty, but I suppose if it really would take me a long time I might just spend the few points I have.

Kinglizard: I couldn't win an Avatar contest if my life depended on it. Lets just say I am extremely artistically defective. I think I just made that up but you get the point.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by sputniksteve]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Yeah, it's 5,000 points to get in, then 250 every month to stay in.

You buy it at the ATS Store

[edit on 28/1/2008 by enjoies05]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It's your call as to whether RATS is worth it.

Personally I think there's some good threads in there, including some which are off limits in other ATS forums.

It took me some time to actually go in there, even though I had the points, but I'm glad I did.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I have a question: How in the world has [old world disorder]gained over 2500 points in just 2 Days! Just curious.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Possibly from a breaking news story, or from getting a few applause for a particularly good post.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I can appreciate this "points" stuff, but I am not sure it is really something that produces good content. It seems like fighting for points is counter productive, and does not promote careful thinking or deliberation.

What is this place -- like "World of Warcraft" of something? Are we going to be selling ATS points like "Second Life" Linden dollars? Hope not, but that is your call and not mine.

Wouldn't it be better to permit access to the special forums and features based strictly on the total number of posts, and time you've spent online? (But probably there might be too much momentum here to make that kind of change.)

I personally care a lot more about how long someone has been a member, and how much care they have taken with their avatars. That tells me a lot about a poster. The accumulated points is interesting, but not my main metric of whether I want to engage someone with a reply.

Anyway, I just wanted to make a "point" here.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I wouldnt worry too much about points, this forum has alot more to offer but thats just me.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
You can ask one of the Three Amigos for a loan. The only downside to this is that there are huge interest rates involved for any type of loan from any of the Three Amigos. You can try to rob the ATS Point-Bank, but, if you are caught, you can get banned for that kind of infraction. I can sell you some of mine, of course, though, I will sell you one of my points for two of yours (so that really won't help). I am sure, however, that you can become one of the many ATS Point-Strippers that, basically, strip for ATS points. Or you can try the aforementioned techniques. I hope I was of some service

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

Haha, I would totally take my clothes off for some points. Maybe not really. But maybe so.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Me want interest-free points with no strings attached now, yes?

I can't do anything with my measly few and those will be gone with one click of a button worth 150. And I don't know how that will work out for me just yet.

[edit on 2008-1-28 by pikypiky]

<<   2 >>

join