It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture of a Martian

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   

What the?

It is casting a shadow. I have no idea of the scale, but it is a classic photo!

Anyone have any ideas at all?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DogHead

Interesting, if there was a source for that. As it is, it could be a bit of trash in a parking lot.

You know how we all have a fetish for sources.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Its a shame . If there was a decent size crack running into this i would swear its a plant of some sort . Source would be nice
But for the sake of the game . I say it looks like a plant (which to me is special all in itself) . Interesting find if it is from mars.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by Mindless]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
NASA article from '04.

Like a rabbit in a hat, the identity of an oddity that looks like "bunny ears" in a picture from Mars has eluded the science and engineering teams. The public, also fascinated with the mysterious object, has asked in a slew of e-mails: What is it?

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

sanc

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   

This one I used as a book section divider in a novel I wrote. Love it, whatever it is.

Martian fossil? A fossil of whatever the first one was? Who the hell knows! Cool.

mod edit: bb code

[edit on 25-1-2008 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Looks like a big Two fingers up for the camera.

No but seriously it's an interesting pic.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DogHead

I've seen this posted somewhere before.....hmm.

Nonetheless, good for new members to view it.

This pic always facinated me!

Pretty odd to be classified as a 'mere' rock formation (some have suggested in the past?)

I love a good puzzle!

Good post!

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Does anyone else notice how flat the surface at the top of the enlarged rock is… looks almost artificial….. ?

www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Is this the thread Ducky?

NASA Explination of the "Mars Crab"

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Old, old, old non-news from 2004.

Sorry, but the only rabbits we know of are right here...

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sanctum

TAda!

That's one of them. I checked out another thread that provided a link to this one as well.

Good eye Sanctum!

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I was challenged by an old hand here to find a Martian anomaly worthy of the name. It really isn't difficult.

Cool stuff all round.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Ah, the classic martian bunny.
Just like senshido said, old
www.astrobio.net...

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I must be missing something really important here about things that have had inconclusive threads in the past.

Absent a time machine and the desire to wade through the faith-based initiative that is UFOlogy on ATS, I don't really see the issue with posting a colour picture and linking to another picture.

No one seems to have a mad issue with the fourteen threads at once about news items...

Is the white thing part of the human-made probe? No idea. If so, the absence of marks around it might be evidence of quicksand-like ground water for that matter.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The funny part is, if you click on the link to the NASA site that sanctum gave it tells you that the object (the bunny) keeps moving. LOL, They assume the wind though.

Mikey

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DogHead
I must be missing something really important here about things that have had inconclusive threads in the past.

Absent a time machine and the desire to wade through the faith-based initiative that is UFOlogy on ATS, I don't really see the issue with posting a colour picture and linking to another picture.

No one seems to have a mad issue with the fourteen threads at once about news items...

Is the white thing part of the human-made probe? No idea. If so, the absence of marks around it might be evidence of quicksand-like ground water for that matter.

When I said old, I didn't mean 'omg, this has been posted before, close the thread'. However the term should imply that a logical explanation for every question you may have has been given, for instance you will never see me calling 'old' the Phoenix Lights incident because the nature of the event is something that to date is still worth discussing.

So anyways, the link I provided explains pretty much everything, including the lack of marks around it. Could it be that they are wrong and this is an alien walking in quicksand-like ground? Yes, it can be whatever you want it to be, even swamp gas light reflected off Earth's atmosphere. But then the title and the motives for this thread are all wrong, instead of calling the thread 'Picture of a Martian' it should have been called 'New Theory About Object on Mars', or something like that.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I've never seen that photo before today. I'm glad you found it and shared it to this online-community. Please tell us, if you find more important photos.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Wow definatly interesting , I agree it looks kinda like a bunny and or a plant of some sort.
Would love to see a full res pic.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DogHead

In the external image of the flat top rock, the enlarged one marked "C" is interesting. If it were rotated counter-clockwise 90 degrees it would look like an anchor and serpent motif I once saw on some documents from the time of the Vikings. (I think, my memory is not what it used to be.)

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The "It is pehaps a piece of the lander (airbag)" explanation seems plausible to be. However, it's not conclusive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join