It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.MIX: 58 - Dr. Raymond Moody - “Near Death Experiences”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
ATS MIX:

Dr. Raymond Moody - “Near Death Experiences” - 58

The foremost expert on the near-death experience phenomenon, Dr. Raymond Moody (who in 1988, received the World Humanitarian Award for his work), sits and chats with Dave and Johnny about everything from OBE's (Out-of-Body-Experiences) to how to ease the suffering of terminally ill patients with humor.

VISIT The Dr. Raymond Moody HOME PAGE

To DOWNLOAD This Program, Put Your Mouse Cursor Over the BLUE SHOW FILE NAME, Then RIGHT CLICK. Slide The Cursor Down To SAVE TARGET AS And Then CLICK .... Now Just Decide WHERE You Want To Download The File To And CLICK SAVE. You Might Also Consider SUBSCRIBING To The Shows Through iTunes Where They Are Downloaded To Your computer Automatically.

Subscribe To The ATS MIX Show With iTunes

Subscribe To The ATS MIX Show With RSS Feed

Please FLAG, STAR & DIGG The Show If You Enjoy It

length: 62:27
file: atsmix_2776.mp3
size: 29282k
feed: atsmix

[edit on 11/9/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSMIX

I'll probably check out his website anyway. But since we're on the subject of death and humor, I want to point out that many movies use humor in relation to the dead and sometimes mediums. One of my favorite episodes of Soprano did one where Paulie went to a psychic medium who commented on someone he had killed. It was hilarious, at least to me anyway.

But from the aspect of mental illness such as schizophrenia as just being delusional, I would also imagine that sometimes these are triggered by paranormal events or even possibly induced by the government to discredit a witness using drugs and or microwaves etc.

I would like to ask Mr. Moody if it's at all possible that some people who have OOBE may have originally had a near death experience and people such as Heath Ledger may have been having one when his body passed away from him being absent too long. His alleged snoring, especially on his stomache may have been a sign of his spiritual absence and his body shutting down.

I had something similar to this around 1991 and my wife at the time called paramedics because of my rapid and strange breathing which is similar to panting when a person is dying. But I vividly recalled having been somewhere else when I came back or woke up.

I have since then, after about ten years, finally been diagnosed with asthma and possibly sleep apnea. My asthma was usually triggered by perfumes in crowded areas such as churches etc. And my wife would sometimes wear perfumes to bed. I'm basically saying that there might be health issues that contribute to these near death and OOBE. Maybe I missed this in your interview with him?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
One of the first books I read in my younger years that dealt with the non physical reality was about Near Death Experiences written by Dr. R. Moody. What I liked very was his scientific standard he keept in the book that makes it a very valuable introduction into this topic even for rational thinking person.
Let me thank you here for the great and interesting work you have done!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSMIX

Very cool interview I'm glad I found above top secret it's a lot of good information.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
the non physical world seems very intriguing yet under funded.

seems like thier is lot's of untapped knowledge as well as possible missing pieces to theory's or laws in "unseen" matter.

any way BAck on topic, NDE's have always intrest me, and especially when people say they have visons of the future (or possible futures should certain things happen) This is one area where i believe future events (esp.)if they have been planned or pre-meditated could leave a strong emotional imprint which the consciousness somehow taps into and may be perceived as warnings , and i think people can tap into this, wether during dreams, or especially during NDE's.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
brilliant topic, i have always been fascinated with why so many people have similar experiences after death, that implies that there is a definate process that happens when you die. Or maybe I should say when your body dies.

Very deep and philisophical, thanx for uploading.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
From my experiences/studies there's something very intriguing relating to life after death and "drugs". '___' being one and the strongest of these chemicals is a natural chemical created in our brain since birth to death. It also can be found in thousands of plants in different amount.

'___' can be smoked, upon smoking this you will literally shoot out of your body and appear in a different world for about 10-20 min trip ( I don't mean hallucination, I mean literally leaving your body and see a different world with different entities) if you are unfamiliar with this do a youtube/google search on it as well as Terence Meckenna (Dr. / Philosopher / Scientist / My hero). Very amazing stuff.

Anyhow what scientist discover is when you are born your brain naturally has lot of this chemical in your brain and it phases out to 1-4% over a year and for your entire life. What is even more interesting is that people that have life after death experiences all see this tunnel of light, floating over their body etc.. but at the same time, our brain naturally recreates this chemical to the same amount as when we were born with.

So this indicated that '___' works as a bridge between connecting you from where we come from and where we go. It almost allows us to perceive more then just our five senses by allowing us to connect to our real source of being.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
OMG I missed this show I am soo glad I just saw it!!

He kept me from going nearly insane literally a few years ago, knowing that it was " normal"

Serendipity I just linked a Bio on him on this this thread, posted it, went to recent posts and bam his name is there!

Heavan as Empty as Hell

I advise anyone who wants any info on WHAT WILL HAPPEN to you when you pass away to listen to this, I have had an NDE and serendipity again it was exactly 4 yrs ago and about 10 minutes ago, that I first Crashed in the Accident and Emergency or first died, (happened 2 again over the next 2 days 4 years ago exactly lol) wow, before being rescusitated and sent to Theatre & ICU

Spooky thing is when I just opened this thread the last post is like feb 08 but in recent posts boards!

Hoping that a post pops above mine , or maybe hoping not too!

Will listen tonight, and EVERYONE who reads this, its real, it happens, NDE's are more real than the sham we live in now!!

Love, have fun, laugh enjoy life, and above all think on everything you do and say, and how it would feel if you were the person you are saying and doing it too, because one day you will go through that I promise!

Elf

[edit on 27-11-2008 by MischeviousElf]

top topics

join