It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gordon Novel: a John Lear in search of an ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Gordon Novel- CIA asset, disinfo participant and general agent and judas goat. Even his friends have had to concede that he has a rare gift for being next to or near people with a disturbing tendency to commit suicide by shooting themselves through the back of the head or disappear without trace.

If there is a sheep's clothing this wolf hasn't worn, it's hard to find.

Novel ran an electronics firm in New Orleans which specialized in selling equipment used for bugging. s' His lawyer claimed he held a position identical to that of Hunt, an intermediary between the Cuban exiles and the CIA." After initially denying that he had had any part in the burglary, he stated that "It was one of the most patriotic burglaries in history," and that it was done under the direction of the CIA as part of the Bay of Pigs operation. Novel confessed he had been given a key to the bunker and that the people he had met there, Arcacha Smith and David Ferrie were also working for the CIA."

Gordon Novel - Biography - JFK focus

Gordon Novel - CIA Agent or Con Man? (can't he be both? he'd hardly be the first)

An uncritical repetition of his legend rather than the reality

* "In 1970 Gordon Novel was arrested on a charge of illegal interstate transportation of an eavesdropping device, and was subsequently convicted."
* "In May 1967 Gordon Novel staged an assassination attempt on himself which was reported to Raymond Rocca."
* "In 1968, after a fight with his in-laws, Gordon Novel exhibited CIA credentials to the arresting officers."
* "In 1974 Jack Anderson reported that Charles Colson asked Gordon Novel to help him build a giant degaussing gun to erase tapes that incriminated NIXON, stored at a CIA site."
* "The FBI stated that Gordon Novel was involved with Morningstar Associates, 'an organization with supposed connections to the CIA and Department of Defense."
* "In the Summer of 1976 Gordon Novel and his partner, John Langford, were charged with possession of an incendiary device and aggravated arson. The men were involved an alleged plot to firebomb some property in the New Orleans Central Business District on Mardi Gras day, 1976, after attempts to purchase the property for $70 million had failed. Gordon Novel hired an undercover Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agent who later admitted CIA ties to do the job. Jim Garrison represented Gordon Novel."
* "At his trial Gordon Novel testified the Agency was after him because of international arms dealing. The trial, covered extensively by Spotlight, ended in a hung jury. On October 30, 1976, the judge declared a mistrial." (Weberman, AJ; Nodule 24 - Page 23)
* "In 1976, Novel lived with arms dealer Mitch Werbell."
* "On January 17, 1977, when Gordon Novel was arrested for arson, Mitch Werbell bailed him out." (Weberman, AJ; Nodule 21 - Page 79)
* "Gordon Novel had been hired by Aubrey Young to install electronic debugging equipment in the office of Governor John J. McKeithen." Young was McKeithen's aide, and was reportedly tied to mobster Carlos Marcello (see source info for details) (Weberman, AJ; Nodule 27 - Page 91)
* Reportedly, Novel claims to have been hired by Nixon aide Chuck Colson to degauss the Watergate tapes.
* Later, he worked with John Z. DeLorean, whose coke dealing, money laundering, and intelligence connections are too complicated to go into here.
* Recently, Novel has been involved in the UFO research community.

After physicist Bob Lazar went public with his claims of having back engineered flying saucers at Area 51, Novel showed up at Las Vegas, eager to meet with Lazar. Novel was interested in the mechanics of alleged anti-gravity devices. He had written a JFK researcher a letter from prison in 1978 describing his work in the field. Evidently, Lazar met with Novel once, before being warned off by researcher Lars Hansson. ("An Interview with Lars Hansson", Steamshovel Press, #8, Summer 1993. Reprinted in Thomas, Kenn, Popular Alienation, Iluminet Press, 1995, pg 156-9) (for more information on Bob Lazar's intelligence connections, see my article, Nuclear Dreamland and Hansson, Lars, "UFO's, Aliens and 'Ex'-intelligence Agents: Who's Fooling Whom The Inside Story of John Lear, Bill Cooper and 'The Greatest Cover-Up in Human History'", 7/18/91)

* He has also been accused of threatening UFOlogist Bill Moore and writer Jim DiEugenio. Novel's friend John Alexander had once allegedly used Novel's reputation to threaten researcher Martin Cannon.
* Novel is reportedly involved with Robert Bigelow and his National Institute of Discovery Science.(What's New at Area 51 and Ufomind: 9/96 Part I) (What's New at Area 51 and Ufomind: 9/96 Part II)
* Novel worked as an investigator for former Attorney General Ramsey Clark in a civil trial following the Branch Davidian siege. (Moore, Carol, Excerpt from The Davidian Massacre)
* Novel has since become a conspiracy theorist in his own right. His claims reportedly include the idea that President Bill Clinton cracked down on the Branch Davidians to show the Bosnians how serious he was, and that former CIA director William Colby was murdered because he intended to come forward with this information.
* He also claims that fake terrorist attacks will be used to usher in a UN controlled New World Order.
* He has also investigated the TWA 800 crash. (Puzzle Pieces)

Source: People and Researchers

Gordon Novel is NOT an earnest seeker after truth. He is a career disinformation and criminal activity expert for the CIA. Where he goes, death deception and misery follow. He's also a friend of John Lear:

Hansson Affidavit pt 2

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
"I resolved that as long as that was likely the case, I would "play" Lear along as far as possible, and noted to my friend later that evening that it was only a matter of time before Lear and I would part company once and for all, that I believed he was stringing me along for some reason, and that sooner or later we would inevitably "burn the bridges" between us. I decided that, until then, I would milk him for all that he cared to blab about. We both agreed that given the crap I had endured already on his behalf, I was more than justified in taking that approach. With the continuing reporting of details related to the Marcos trial and the missing gold, I thought that perhaps Lear might finally be more forthcoming about his activities with Warton than he had been earlier. Fortunately, I was not wrong.

At this point, he asked me if I wanted to hear his conversation with Novel. Their early- morning tete-a-tete, which has since been transcribed, was startling, to say the very least. Once again, I was completely amazed after all that had transpired that Lear would even consider letting me know he was in touch with Novel or that he had taped their conversation, much less that he would actually play it for me and then give me a copy. If it had been anybody else, or at any other stage of our association, I might have said, "No. Keep it to yourself," or begged off in some other way. But after all the bull# and the game-playing and the grief that his giving the JFK tape to Cooper had already caused, I figured that if Novel had anything new to add to the story of Kennedy's death, it would help to make up for all the other bull#. And I felt that if anyone was in a position to know after all these years, given his background, Gordon Novel was certainly a prime candidate. Whatever disgust I might have for many of his actions over the years, one has to give the man credit for simply staying alive through all the incredibly heavy situations he had moved through in his life.

I had already listened to Novel on an audiotape I had just acquired at that time of a radio program in the SF Bay area in 1983. Gordon had called the studio at about 3 a.m. after hearing his name come up on the program while he was driving up to San Jose. It was talk radio at its finest to hear him openly admit that he had been recruited by Lyndon Johnson himself to destroy the Garrison investigation from the inside, where he was serving as Garrison's chief of security at his request, then admit later that he had actually been hired by Charles Colson to de-gauss the Watergate tapes for Richard Nixon, and would have "succeeded in erasing them all if they had been willing to pay me more money." After listening to the self-anointed Kennedy "expert," Dave Emory, accuse John Judge of being a closet agent of Western Goals, a rabid right- wing outfit, shortly before in Los Angeles, it was actually quite amusing to hear him squirm on the earlier program once he realized Novel was actually the person he claimed to be. Emory repeatedly stammered out his assurance that "I'm not gunning for you, Mr. Novel," and bleated about his "healthy respect" for Novel's capabilities and his fervent hope that Novel wasn't inspired to be gunning for him. "

This is an excerpt from the extremely long and detailed "Hansson Affidavit".

Gordon Novel has privately claimed not to be an agent of the CIA but on many other and more recent occasions has made no bones about his constant violative covert behaviour on behalf of the CIA and in particular its most disfunctional, least sane and most destructive cryptofascist underbelly from Bay of Pigs to UFO Disclosure.

From the point of view of simple common sense, would you trust anything connected to this evil man? Seriously?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Originally posted by DogHead

I resolved that as long as that was likely the case, I would "play" Lear along as far as possible, and noted to my friend later that evening that it was only a matter of time before Lear and I would part company once and for all, that I believed he was stringing me along for some reason, and that sooner or later we would inevitably "burn the bridges" between us. I decided that, until then, I would milk him for all that he cared to blab about. We both agreed that given the crap I had endured already on his behalf, I was more than justified in taking that approach. With the continuing reporting of details related to the Marcos trial and the missing gold, I thought that perhaps Lear might finally be more forthcoming about his activities with Warton than he had been earlier. Fortunately, I was not wrong.

At this point, he asked me if I wanted to hear his conversation with Novel. Their early- morning tete-a-tete, which has since been transcribed, was startling, to say the very least. Once again, I was completely amazed after all that had transpired that Lear would even consider letting me know he was in touch with Novel or that he had taped their conversation, much less that he would actually play it for me and then give me a copy. If it had been anybody else, or at any other stage of our association, I might have said, "No. Keep it to yourself," or begged off in some other way. But after all the bull# and the game-playing and the grief that his giving the JFK tape to Cooper had already caused, I figured that if Novel had anything new to add to the story of Kennedy's death, it would help to make up for all the other bull#. And I felt that if anyone was in a position to know after all these years, given his background, Gordon Novel was certainly a prime candidate. Whatever disgust I might have for many of his actions over the years, one has to give the man credit for simply staying alive through all the incredibly heavy situations he had moved through in his life.

I had already listened to Novel on an audiotape I had just acquired at that time of a radio program in the SF Bay area in 1983. Gordon had called the studio at about 3 a.m. after hearing his name come up on the program while he was driving up to San Jose. It was talk radio at its finest to hear him openly admit that he had been recruited by Lyndon Johnson himself to destroy the Garrison investigation from the inside, where he was serving as Garrison's chief of security at his request, then admit later that he had actually been hired by Charles Colson to de-gauss the Watergate tapes for Richard Nixon, and would have "succeeded in erasing them all if they had been willing to pay me more money." After listening to the self-anointed Kennedy "expert," Dave Emory, accuse John Judge of being a closet agent of Western Goals, a rabid right- wing outfit, shortly before in Los Angeles, it was actually quite amusing to hear him squirm on the earlier program once he realized Novel was actually the person he claimed to be. Emory repeatedly stammered out his assurance that "I'm not gunning for you, Mr. Novel," and bleated about his "healthy respect" for Novel's capabilities and his fervent hope that Novel wasn't inspired to be gunning for him.

Doghead, when you quote somebody it is easier for the reader to follow if you enclose the quote as I have above. What you do is put the word quote (lower case) in open and close brackets at the beginning of the quote. Then at the end of the quote you put the word quote enlcosed in brackets but you put a forward slash just before the word quote.

That way its easier to follow what you are presenting. If you can't figure this out please U2 me and I will explain further.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Quotes aside it takes a bit getting used to DogHead, but most of us went thru the same when we started, it would have been easier for JL just to say it than requote the entire passage actually just for pointers.
This is fascinating stuff..I recall that Hunt just prior to his death, allegedly left some tape or document with his son thats made it to c2c on several interviews recently, wherein Hunt admits complicity of CIA in the JFK assasination, and more than one gunman., ie the grassy knoll. I will have to resubscribe to get that podcast.
The implications here are quite remarkable, and worth looking into if we are ever to get an understanding of just what clusters of people like this can do. They exist..they are the plumbers, and exterminators, reasoning their acts under the veil of patriotism, when its regime maintenance. Little wonder people have fear of the dark and unknown, its natures way of telling us..what you dont see can kill you.
great post Dog

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

Hey John, thanks for the post.

BTW I have some more excellent documents to share, I think your forum would be best though.

Personally I prefer my style of quotes to the inane grey one but whatever. To each his own.

Any comment on the actual substance of the thread?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sys_Config

Most disturbingly and relevantly to right here right now- one of the later assignments of some of these same scum seems to have been to derail UFOlogy.

-John, you really need a psychiatrist. Bob and I knew each other and
had established a friendship before you even knew who he was. I'm one
of the few people who doesn't kiss his ass and we have a mutual
respect. Considering Bob's public comments, do you think he respects
you? The bottom line is that since I destroyed serious ufology by
making the tragic error of introducing you to Bob, Bob could never stop
abruptly without having to have your head surgically removed from his
ass. I don't rewrite what happened at any point in time, ever. The
above statement by you simply reflects the truth about you. You've gone
around the world telling stories about you and Bob when in actuality
the stories were about Bob and I and you substituted your name for mine
to help gain some attention. Those events you cited are an exception
and let me tell you they are really impressive. Boy, that story about
the dye in the pool was really enchanting. The bottom line is that
you've spent years in ufology and deserve an E for effort. However,
you're not really involved in the Lazar story, but we'll continue to
let you tag along so you don't take yourself out sooner than someone
like you normally does.-

-GENE HUFF.

It is no exaggeration at all to say that Lazar and Lear, and indeed Novel, have totally coloured the UFO water, like dye in a swimming pool. For good or evil?

If any part of that colouring is shown to be CIA manipulation then the whole of modern UFOlogy must be purged and put back on a scientific basis.

You couldn't trust Gordon Novel to tell you if water was wet, yet here he is on the ball again, and quite probably on the job again, sowing seeds. Or are the dragon's teeth? Time will tell.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Originally posted by DogHead

Thanks for the post doghead.

My wife Marilee, Las Vegas' only CSA Casting Director (Casting Society of America) gets Gene's son into as many movies as possible.

Gene picked up Bob at the airport Dec. 4th and drove him to my house for my birthday party. He picked him up at 1 am when the party was over.

Next day Bob and Gene and George Knapp had lunch, talking about you know what.

It may be possible that you don't have the faintest idea what is happening.

But thanks for the post as uninformed as it was.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I don't know what's happening EITHER!!!

This sucks, man.

So wait...

Did Bob shoot Gene and then Gordon buried the body in Lear's backyard, which was only later found to be an animatronic dummy Gene, while the actual Gene was at home watching the Scoob on Cartoon Network? Eating pudding?

Or is this about aliens?

Wow... I'm getting rusty.

Hi John Lear!

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

So as to be really clear on this subject. Do you or don't you dispute the above quote. And if you do, please elaborate on details as to why it's author would make such a thing up.

And please, don't hesitate to post anything you feel about this subject, how ever uninformed it may be

[edit on 25/1/08 by Durden]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
i]Originally posted by indierockalien

Did Bob shoot Gene and then Gordon buried the body in Lear's backyard, which was only later found to be an animatronic dummy Gene, while the actual Gene was at home watching the Scoob on Cartoon Network? Eating pudding?

No. What happened was that Bob discharged a yellow dye marker in my pool. Marilee (my wife) went over to his house with her Colt .45 auto and threatened to shoot his Corvette.

He called me and asked me call her off. He said she was nuts.

The Corvette never got shot and Marilee came home.

Marilee and Bob never got along.

Here is a picture taken on my 52nd birthday.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Well John you just be careful with your dye guns, and your questionable associations with people who are fellow contract workers for the CIA, OK? As fun as it must have been flying for them and taking all the totally innocent cargo places, look how upset it makes some people:

The inexhaustible Lars Hansson

Oh, and-

thanks for the post.
It was extremely informative, though doubtless unintentionally.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Originally posted by Durden

And please, don't hesitate to post anything you feel about this subject, how ever uninformed it may be

I helped Bob put in his lawn. The sprinklers were already there so all we had to do was till the soil about 12 inches, rake the rocks out, sow the fescue, then roll it.

Bob wanted a 10 lawn like mine.

A couple of weeks later it started coming up. He had to hire a gardener to cut the lawn. I had to be sure the gardner did the edging properly and how to cut around the sprinkler heads.

About 6 weeks later I declared Bob's lawn a 10.

I think Gene was pretty steamed. I think thats when he wrote the above.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Hmmm. This isn't the first time this subject has come up, as you'd expect. It's worth readfing what Springer says in this thread here on the subject.

However, a search of this site will not reveal to you much more than JL is letting go of here.

I have mixed feelings about this - on the one hand it seems to me pretty futile asking for JL's reaction when he's made it pretty clear he's not going to give it. The danger is that the threads dissolve into attempting to goad out some sort of response, which isn't very helpful.

On the other hand I don't really see why the specific questions (not the ones about JL's personal life) can't be addressed.

Ultimately, though, I suspect most of the questions will be most constructively answered by JL's disclaimer below each of his entries.

LW

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to
post by DogHead

Excellent post person with the head of a dog.

You know your stuff and no doubts about that.

I have finally got all of the pieces to the puzzle; I doff my cap to you conspiracy master.

FOR THOSE WHO SO DESIRE THE TRUTH.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAreOne

Pardon me with my question. Question being; why isn't or wasn't Lars Hanssons statement signed or has that part of the image been left out to protect him from the possibility of someone forging his signature? Having read both parts of his statement from two different sources, I would like to know if the statements are authentic and if they were presented as dated. Thankyou.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Just seems like as clear a case of denying ignorance as a person might care to ever find.

There are some other documents and testimony and so on, once it's all arranged I will post it and links to it as well.

There are a few other people still around, perhaps unexpectedly, who can most definitely shed light and put it all together for us interested observers.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by michial
reply to post by WeAreOne

Pardon me with my question. Question being; why isn't or wasn't Lars Hanssons statement signed or has that part of the image been left out to protect him from the possibility of someone forging his signature? Having read both parts of his statement from two different sources, I would like to know if the statements are authentic and if they were presented as dated. Thankyou.

Hansson also has been a very active researcher in illegal
government covert operations, arms trade, Iran-Contra, etc., and
has just finished an explosive expose entitled "UFOs, ALIENS, and
`Ex'-intelligence Agents: Who's Fooling Whom?" The Inside Story of
John Lear, Bill Cooper, and The Greatest Coverup in Human History.

This is a 300 page AFFIDAVIT by Lars Hansson, and is available for
$25.00 plus 3.00 postage and handling. If you are interested you
can send for it at;
Paragon Research & Publications
P.O. Bx 981
Orlando, FL. 32802

SOURCE: Skeptic Files

It is a sincere and detailed affidavit. It exposes a great many things.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
RADICAL ENDS SABBATICAL

I was just doing a Google image search for JL and GN and came across this site and forum. I was so impressed with some of the comments and postings, and frankly quite flattered at the respectful refernces to some of my earlier work, that I am compelled to pen a few lines of thanks and appreciation. I realized this thread ended months ago. but perhaps it may be noticed again after my post, as a similar one was seveRal years ago at ufomind, before it went static. Hard to believe it has been more than 15 years since I wrote that piece and it is still being quoted, many thanks above all to my more honorable colleague, Don Ecker, of UFO Magazine, who has defended (and even bolstered) my reputation even more than I could have done so myself.

The bottom line, friends and compatriots, is that after a failed attempt to stay on the sidelines and live a "normal life" for the last decade, I will soon be re-entering the fray with batteries fully recharged, since the stakes today are infinitely higher, and the fish to fry far bigger than the likes of Lear, et al. Thanks for the inspiration, and keep your eyes pealed. That Affidavit of 1991 was barely an opening salvo...

Cheers,

LCH

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join