It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Recession - whats in it for you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
So is this the beginning of what will eventually lead to the next World War?

I know most people are interested in figures, what is happening in the stock markets around the world, but for someone like me who knows didley bungas about the markets, how do you see this effecting the world?

In todays news paper the headline read "Global Recession"

I wasn't alive when the great depression happened. I have no idea how all these stock market losses will effect the average Joe like myself.

Would be great if some folk could share their views on what these latest loses mean to the common people, how they effect everyday life. Whats on the horizon for you and me and ultimately do these events tend towards World War?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Not so sure about World War. But Russia are flexing muscle in the northern Atlantic. There's been some heated words out of Russia, but everyone is going to be covering their bases.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Yep, global reccession all over the headlines. As the O.P I know nothing about how market figures affect average manbuthimself.

All I could gather was cheaper house prices for you Americans. Not bad, eh?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
another war in the works?
but i dont know how that will happen since we usually save ourselves from recession through war but thats one of the reasons of the recession

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Could it be that our fears of a recession are being fed on purpose? Will it be a self fulfilled prophecy? People panicking surely does not help. As for a another world war? Can anyone really afford it? It will be mutual destruction.

top topics

join