It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lump on roof of mouth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Hi guys

really hoping for some answers here. My son is currently at his fathers house with the rest of the gang. They have all had a cold in the past week, been off sick from school. The son i am talking about is 15, he has had a sore throat along with the cold (same as others). He just called me to say that he has discovered a lump on the roof of his mouth.
Apart from saying i will take a look when he comes home (in about 3 hours), i can't do anything else until then.

Apart from worry. Which is what i've been doing incessantly since he called.
What could have caused this lump? It obviously came up quickly, he says it's not too big, not really painful unless he pushes on it and he still has the sore throat of course.

All kinds of things are going through my mind right now so if anyone is familiar with this, please give me some ideas. All i got was cancer when i tried googling it, and that scared the crap out of me.

I'll take him to the doctors tomorrow, or the hospital tonight, whichever seems appropriate, but any help before he comes back will be appreciated

thanks

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Has he burnt the roof of his mouth drinking tea or eating?

It could be just a blister.

sanc

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sanctum

don't think so, he would have said so. And he said it was hard as well.
Thank you for replying

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Lump in roof of mouth

Quite possibley a MOUTH ULCER
Contact your Health Practitioner.
As a lad I had quite a run of dental and oral problems.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It could also be a blocked salivary gland.

I think it's best to take him to a dentist or doctor, it could be any number of things.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a friend of mine (over 35) had a lump in his mouth, but his slowly got larger over time.

turned out there was some sort of prob with the roof of his mouth and it kept growing, apparently its like 2x plates up there and his had met in the middle and kept growing, basically causing the roof of his mouth to feel like it had a lump but it was the bones meeting in the middle and pushing down.

he had to have surgery and they cut the bone back so the 2 plates dont push on each other..

thats going by what i understood when he told me anyway.
probably not this though as this gradually got worse over a long period of time.

your sons is a thing that appeared suddlenly according to what you said.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
thank you all for your replies. Didn't get time to get on here once they got home yesterday.
I am taking him to the doctors this morning, so hopefully will get it sorted out then.
thank you

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Just wanted to let you know that he has pharyngitis.....would appear that the bump was related to that.
Again, thanks for the replies.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by geek101

i have the same lump on my mouth and i just had a cold when you been doctors please tell me what it is saves me the time cheers

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
when I was 18 I had a painless abscess on the roof of my mouth to the right of my pallet. Mild discomfort to press on it but no real pain. Turned out I had a tooth that had been damaged at some point and the root and nerves had died...has your son ever hit the front of his mouth (a fall or bike riding or anything?)

had to drain it and get a root canal was a pain in the arse but not terribly painful.

Cankers are painful so if he's not complaining of terrible pain...I'd suspect tooth injury at some point and a simple Xray would show if that was it.

Not to worry, I'm sure he's fine
As a Mom I understand the worry when the kids are away from home but as I said unless he's in real pain I wouldn't worry.

best of luck!

join