It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious "Mermaid" Rises From The River

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Here is a link to a story about a family that was camping and saw a mermaid. The mermaid was described as having white skin, long black hair and red eyes...it was also said to have a silver hue to it. Has anyone ever head of this before. What are you thoughts?

Mysterious Mermaid Rises From Water

Edited to correct title

[edit on 18-1-2008 by whoreallyknows]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoreallyknows
Here is a link to a story about a family that was camping and saw a mermaid. The mermaid was described as having white skin, long black hair and red eyes...it was also said to have a silver hue to it. Has anyone ever head of this before. What are you thoughts?

Mysterious Mermaid Rises From Water

Edited to correct title

[edit on 18-1-2008 by whoreallyknows]

Maybe it was a woman drowning in water, she had bloodshot or contacts eyes, was screaming for help, drowning, and all they did was stand there lol.

Maybe not, interesting story.

[edit on 18-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

The gentlemen in the story says he went into the water thinking someone was drowning but quickly realized it was not the case

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

He said the sight sent shivers down his spine.

He called for his child Deidrian, 13, and his nephew Werner Plaatjies, 11, to help him.

In other news, Cupido was later unanimously named Father of the Year in South Africa.

His children, unfortunately, were unable to attend the ceremony, citing "severe emotional issues."

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
wow a mermaid sighting, this is great . we need more sightings like this id love to get my grubby paws on some copies of the folklore surronding it. seems the cryptids of old may be making a comeback .

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
wow...now THAT was interesting.......wonder exactly what it was??

are there any other stories of this lady??

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by last time here

I totaly agree, this one is very interesting. I'm gonna do some searching to see if I can come up with anymore info.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Mermaids, interesting. Never heard of anyone spotting one before. I like to believe in Bigfoot and such, but mermaids? I am unconvinced!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Interesting. Love new stories!

Well, due to the incredible detailed describtion, it can only be real or bogus. Not a log, seal or something like that..

I like how they describe her as "crying", siren anyone?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This type of thing has been reported before. Check it out,

tinwiki.org...

So, maybe there's a race of sea-people who only rarely allow themselves to be seen.

That'd be cool huh?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
There's the Hawaiian charter boat owner who photographed a mermaid... in an area named Mermaid Point or some such...

Freaky.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
This type of thing has been reported before. Check it out,

tinwiki.org...

So, maybe there's a race of sea-people who only rarely allow themselves to be seen.

That'd be cool huh?

Very possible, the sea has many creatures we haven't found yet.

Even if it looks human-like it doesn't mean its as advanced and as clever as humans, they may just only look similar like monkeys look similar to us. But if they were as clever as humans that would be amazing!

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

"bashing on a wall".

"the strangest sound", like a woman crying.

the figure sounded so sorrowful that "my heart could take it no more".

Maybe she got dumped…..lol….

[edit on 21-1-2008 by andre18]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DogHead

I'm gonna have to do a search on that, that is very interesting to know.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DogHead

Doghead

You are right, I just found this story during a google search about a man in Hawaii who photographed a mermaid it shows the picture and everything..

Mermaid photographed in Hawaii

I'm certainly not a photo expert, so can anyone on here let us know if this photo is legit or not.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
that link was amazing........omg.......photo is so real....i think its real.....so ...that's it......i am a believer now

id love for the sceptics to do they best on this...

[edit on 21-1-2008 by andre18]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
wow, that guys photos were really convincing. At least to an untrained eye as myself. However, in that article they did say that they were reviewed by other people and do appear to be legit. Now, I mean that dosent mean that some lady didnt put on some kind of doctored swimming suit or a costume.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Weird. The elders said it is hypnotic, plus the husband said the red eye were hypnotic.

I wonder if there has ever been a very scientific investigation of things like this.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefighter119

Convincing? There is absolutely no detail in the photo, you can only see the outline.

It could EASILY be a woman with a single "mermaid" fin.

Plus, do any of you think its coincidence that clicking on the images will lead you not to an enlarged version, but instead a page such as www.jacksdivinglocker.com... which sells... diving gear? And yep, that's a mermaid logo. Pure coincidence I am sure. I guess we should be lucky that this diving store is where the sighting occured, then we can easily buy gear and go look for it!!!

Yes I'm being sarcastic. Convincing... I'd say laughable.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by merka

Not to mention.....

Weekly World News had Leicher's pictures analyzed by three noted photography labs. All three say the photos are genuine and have not been tampered with.

Why yes... they are 'genuine' photos, and no they haven't been tampered with.
But is the specimen in the photo real???

top topics

<<   2 >>

join