It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure not possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I have recently come to believe that disclosure may not possible, simply because it is so completely and unbelievably complex. That even if they did, it wouldn't matter because it would take a lifetime just to scratch the surface. Maybe the actual truth is so foreign to us that we wouldn't even be able to follow the basic concepts.

I know my ego and probably yours aswell likes to think that we are an advanced race. But what if we just simply are not advanced enough?

Perhaps the government is trying to raise us collectively so that disclosure will be possible in the future.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

I agree, I think "they" are going to release information to us a little at a time so as to avoid the shock factor and mass pandemonium as people's current beliefs are challenged.
I wish it would happen quicker, I'd like to see it in my lifetime, major strides that is, not just bits.
Ideally, I'd like to see "them"' come clean and admit to everything; admit there has been contact for thousands of years, admit there are dozens of other alien life-forms out there in multiple systems, admit the cover up....

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

I think you raise a very good point. The simple fantasy of big-D disclosure is probably impractical even if it is possible. Even if there are people in the government who comprehensively understand the material they have, where do they begin? How do they put together a coherent, evidence-supported picture that won't be dismissed as yet another hoax?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I dont see why it's so important actually. I mean if you believe it, have seen the proof and are convinced in your own mind then why do you need the government etc. to say that we aren't alone in order for it to be true?.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaatiHemet
I agree, I think "they" are going to release information to us a little at a time so as to avoid the shock factor and mass pandemonium as people's current beliefs are challenged.

I recently saw a CNN poll of Americans who where asked

Do you believe in UFO's

an astounding 34% said they do

while less than 10% said they have actually seen one

so I think those numbers are far larger than what it has
been in the past. It's even become more common place
now for news stories of the phenomenon to be aired
on network TV where it use to be a taboo subject.
It def picks up the ratings to show those stories which
the producers like

So yes I do agree that the disclsure is coming and will
be gradual to avoid public panic. So that one day we will
awake and look outside our window and wonder to
ourselves "I wonder what ET is doing today ??" ....

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
My question is:

Who says its the government who would disclose?

Maybe the ET's are sick of the gov't meddling around in their BS and decided to take initiative on their own?

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'd suggest that anyone thinking about this consider how we would visit an alien civilization if we ever became truly space-faring.

First, we'd send small nano-sized probe ships. These would use two or three ships per visit plus a redundant. One of the trio would land on the surface and transmit back coordinates if the planet was habitable.

Another would orbit and receive signals from the landed probe. This one would transmit the content to a third nano-ship that was near a hyper-space link to allow relay to fast transmission "radio" messages.

Though the surface probe might be somewhat camouflaged, it would still have to use a drogue chute to help it land. Stealth would not be a high priority. The orbiting ship would probably not be camouflaged, since concealment would not be a high priority. In fact, we might prefer that any sentient species be able to also broadcast to us.

Next, all planets that were deemed habitable would be visited in due time. It would take 1 million years to search all the star systems in our galaxy, give or take a couple decimal points.

We would be the first, since it's evident that there are no Type III civilizations already existent in the Milky Way. (otherwise they'd be using up the energy of our sun, since a Type III uses all the stellar output of a galaxy for energy).

Thus, if any civilization were visiting us now, it would have to be Type IV and be from another Galaxy.

Any such advanced civilization would easily be able to hide or just be in plain sight, since we would have no ability to deter them.

So I think it will be up to any such 'visitors' to decide if there would be disclosure, or not, and it would not be up to humans.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The facts of the matter is that if there was no outside reason to disclose, it would be best not to disclose. I don't see my governement denying anything. I see them jokingly commenting on something they can not comment on.

I've seen fools here that think both the governement and aliens are evil. With thinking minds like THAT in men do you really think it is safe to disclose?

It's going to take an outside source, and event, to bring about the disclosure.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

I think you are most correct

it would not be left up to the priest to explain to his
male parishioner that his wife is having an affair.
That's her job to do so not the priests'

So I believe it would be best coming from an alien
cuz if General so and so got up on a podium and says
et is here. Then he's gonna have to prove it anyway.
The only way to prove it is to have an et with him.

Can you just imagine an alien standing up to the presidential
podium in a press conference. He wouldn't say anything
but his thoughts of "we're here" runs thru the mind of every
reporter within a 200 foot radius. WOW, guess there would
be no need for questions if you could read his entire mind .... LOL

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
possible yes, probably not

how would this be done? over the tv networks? the internet?
too many people without access to the net or tv, how to tell them?

what about the main religious groups? would some of them not take this news in a good way?

sounds like a good thing... however, a logistical nightmare....

unless there was a Massive visitation, ships, beings, everything, people would not buy it... well, ok, some people would, but really, after the whole 9/11 and the media being nothing more then disinformation, i for one would seriously doubt anything on tv,

yeh sounds like this is a good idea, i just doubt there would be 100% acceptance.....

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The whole idea of disclosure begs the question, "Just what would you accept as full disclosure?" If the government announced tomorrow that UFOs are alien spacecraft, we have proof, but they don't seem to want to do us any harm, it would only be the day after tomorrow before people started to yell for the REAL disclosure. If you've hidden this from us until now, what else are you hiding? How do you know they don't mean us any harm? Are these the only aliens, or are there more? And so on.

No matter what the government or anybody else said to you (including those lying aliens), how could you trust them? You will ALWAYS suspect that you are not being told the whole story.

So there will never be such a thing as disclosure. Or "truth." Just differences in the level of bullcrap that you personally choose to believe.

new topics

top topics

join