It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia, South Australia: Mysterious Cubes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Virginia, South Australia:

A long highway out of Adelaide, capital of South Australia, spears off into the sunset. Farms line the roadway after you leave the city lights and then there is just the highway and endless turnoffs down dirt tracks, many of them deeply rutted. Some bear the marks of bogged cars, left during high rain quagmire conditions then dragged out by the long suffering local farmers in their tractors after the rains pass and the ground firms up slightly.

The beaches at the end of these tracks are totally devoid of features and, other than the lagoons of the nearby Bolivar sewage treatment plant, deserted.

Blue Swimmer crabs, once teeming in their thousands, are usually now only to be found in dozens, occasionally hundreds. The extreme flat terrain at the beach provides over a kilometre of gently undulating sand, which fills rapidly at high tide, bringing with it everything from White Pointer sharks and stingrays to every species of food fish and of course the crabs.

Down several of these beach tracks, there are totally deserted fields. Neatly trimmed of their grass, which is similar to the lucerne feed in surrounding paddocks, there is no sign of any of the normal gates, pens or paraphernalia of farming.

Instead, in these well-tended paddocks, there are higher than normal barbed wire fences, many of which hum ominously with electricty, yet also lack the required-by-law alert signs and warnings that are common around these fences in the Australian outback.

If you are lucky, when passing one of these quiet fields, you will see an amazing sight: a square patch of the field rise up, or perhaps a cube, green and black camouflage painted on its sides with a beautiful crop of fake grass carpeting its top.

The purpose of these cubes is unknown, but they rise from the ground silently and set back down seamlessly equally silently. Though there is no noise from them when they are in operation, the fields themselves hum like an electrical short during the process, with the hum loudest when the cubes are exposed. When the cubes set back down into the field the hum subsides, but is never entirely absent. It is not the hum from the fence; two distinct electrical noises provide dissonance when the cubes are visible.

One field, remote from the others and even from the local farms, overlooks a lonely beach at the far end from Bolivar.

In this field stands a spider web of thick cables and wires, making a vaguely pyramid shaped pattern. In all directions from this net stretching to the heavens there are concentric squares of high, well-maintained ribbon wire such as would put the enthusiastic use of anti-personnel wire at South Australia's Yatala Maximum Security prison to shame.

The cubes' front sides, which seem to face the beach, have been seen by two different witnesses. One is a local farmer, well-paid for silence. Before that payday he claimed to have seen a pair of tubes sticking from the front of the cube, between which the cube had what looked like four tuning forks set into it, with their 'U' end pointing to the sky. The other witness, a young man out in Virginian with a girl he was very much attached to, claimed he saw a pair of old fashioned machine gun barrels sticking from the front of the cube he saw, and that the cube sank back into the ground very quickly. That same night he also claims to have seen an extremely bright green light falling into the sea far, far out past the lagoons.

The Cubes of Virginia, SA: what on Earth could they be?

There is a proving ground nearby, and a SAS training point. There is a hovercraft research post, now deserted. And of course there are the blue swimmers, once so common, now sadly becoming absent.

Who knows.

[edit on 16/1/08 by DogHead]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Wow. All I can say. So eloquently articulated. Me thinks Tesla's research has gained new 'levels'?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Wonderfully written thread OP. As for the 'cubes' wow what more could I expect from the most incredible time to be alive? Things just keep getting stranger and stranger...

I couldn't help think about the people being herded into these areas, or secondly about it being a covert UFO connection within tunnel systems used by the beings that live under ground.

Very interesting can you get pictures and or video?

[edit on 16-1-2008 by antar]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Very interesting OP.

have you seen these things yourself or is this 2nd hand info from someone elses experiences?

any chance you could get close enough to get a picture?

maybe some co-ordinates for those with google earth to take a llok and see what comes up?

thanks

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Not to put too fine a point on it but yes I have seen it all firsthand. So I would be a third witness.

Gulf Saint Vincent ( [show location on an interactive map] 34°29′S, 138°15′E) is a large inlet of water on the southern coast of Australia, in the state of South Australia. It is bordered by two peninsulas, the Yorke Peninsula to the west and the Fleurieu Peninsula to the south east with the world renowned Kangaroo Island across the opening to the Southern Ocean on the southwest. The capital of South Australia, Adelaide, is situated on its east coast. Other notable towns located on the Gulf include Ardrossan, Port Wakefield, Edithburgh and Port Vincent.

Source: Wikipedia. So it must be true

Actually this bit was written by SA bureaucrats so it is accurate.

Virginia the township does not equal Port Wakefield road and the tracks off it. There's an old pub at Lower Light, and from there the tracks lead in all directions.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I have emailed the boyfriend witness to ask him to draw what he saw- he's actually a comicbook artist now so it could look kewl. Or he could be too busy. Here's hoping I get a picture to share.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Really need some accurate coordinates for one of these fields mate

I've had a nosy but tbh your original post isnt very accurate in tems of location, it's a long road, alot of turn offs, alot of paddocks, what looks like mangrove swamps or other wetlands etc, I dont see anything about what your talking about.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
??

The area in question is coast side of the Lower Light pub, from there to the beaches. There are dozens of tracks, that's the beauty of it I guess from the facility's point of view.

There is one dirt track that starts about a kilometre back towards the city from the pub and winds past fields before heading for the beach- the turn offs for the fields with the cubes are there.

The big antenna thingy is quite a long way off from the cubes in the middle of nowhere- even more so than the paddocks with the cubes.

I'm not in SA to go there and photo it but it isn't THAT hard to find, first time crabbers bump into the fields all the time.

One thing if you are driving out there- there are quicksand patches off the track- short cuts don't work because if you get bogged in the swamp you're screwed.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
You are quite the story teller doghead. No pun/malice intended. I would seriously consider writing as a side job or main career. Words flow from your keyboard like a songbird at dawn.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I've written seventeen novels and two nonfiction books so yeah writing is something I am pretty comfortable with.

Thanks for the praise.

The main thing is, this is a verifiable solid place with an actual anomaly sitting there hidden in plain sight.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
ok mate look anything about strange stuff going on in Australia i want to find out about it ok but can you supply an address to the pub itself is it in the town or is it a mile up the road you have to be more accurate ive found the town of Lower Light in google earth, now where?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DogHead

You write as if we know where this pub is?!

your original post mentions Bolivar and Virginia, both are a considerable distance away from Lower Light

So I think if you really want this to go any further you need to get onto google earth or maps and find us some coordinates

show us EXACTLY where these cubes are

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
New poster here. I saw this thread and spent some time on Google Earth, and found THIS place from the descriptions and locations given...

at 34^37'20.72" S, 138^27'46.48" E

described by placemarks as this:

The Buckland Park field site lies some 40 km North of the city of Adelaide, Australia, and occupies some 80 ha of flat coastal plane. The site is shared by both the Atmospheric Physics Group, the Astrophysics Group and the Optics Group.
The Atmospheric Physics Group operates a number of experiments and facilities at this field site, including:
a medium frequency radar,
a very high frequency radar,
a three field photometer,
a boundary layer VHF radar incorporating a RASS system,
and an airglow Imager provided by Aerospace.

You can find pictures here:

www.physics.adelaide.edu.au...

When you go there on Google Earth, there is also a Doppler Radar dome in the upper right corner of this 'square' of land.

I dont know if this is the exact site the original poster meant, but there does seem to be some cubes in the space there...

either way, this must be very near where he is talking about...

[edit on 17-1-2008 by TrailGator]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
It's part of it.

The RAAF have their own little corner of heaven there too. I guess they really really like those female science students or something because they sure do go there a lot.

The cubes that retract into the ground are nearby but not part of the Adelaide U stuff. Bit more than a stone's throw.

Seek and ye shall find and all that guff.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Maybe this will help ..

Location: Buckland Park. (lat 34.617 deg S, long 138.469 deg E)
Type: Meteor 1500S (S Band).
Availability (Typical): 24 hours per day.

Interpretation Notes:

Geographical Situation
The radar is located on the coastal plain 35 km north-northwest of the Adelaide city centre. The main topographic feature of the region is the Mount Lofty Ranges, running roughly north to south from Burra to Cape Jervis. Shallow rain showers or drizzle beyond the ranges, particularly to the east and southeast, can be obscured from the radar's view. Otherwise, coverage is only limited by the distance from the radar, and the curvature of the earth.

Meteorological Aspects
Rain bearing weather systems usually approach Adelaide from the western half of the skyline, predominantly from the southwest through to the north. The Buckland Park radar is ideally situated to detect and track these systems. While the Mount Lofty Ranges may obscure the radar's view of shallow rain showers or drizzle on the eastern side of the Mount Lofty Ranges, heavy rain and thunderstorms in this area can be easily detected.

Non-meteorological echoes
In most cases, processing of the radar signal removes permanent echoes caused by hills, buildings and other solid objects, but sometimes a few slip through. These show up as small, stationary patches of light rain, mostly along the higher ground of the Mount Lofty Ranges. Under stable atmospheric conditions, particularly when low level temperature inversions are present, anomalous propagation may cause patches of echoes to appear along the eastern coastline of Yorke Peninsula, southern Gulf St Vincent, parts of Kangaroo Island and Fleurieu Peninsula.

When the seas in Gulf St Vincent are very rough, some sea clutter may be visible in the sector to the west and southwest, out to about 30 km. This sea clutter tends to remain in the same area and therefore can be distinguished from rain echoes, which generally move with the wind.
On occasions, the moving blades of wind turbines at the wind farms near Edithburgh on Yorke Peninsula and Cape Jervis on southern Fleurieu Peninsula may also be detected as isolated, stationary echoes.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
hrmm interesting.

I live in Adelaide, Hampstead, to be exact (just north-east of the city). Perhaps if you have a free weekend, we could go for a drive up there.

To say that you have peaked my curiosity is an understatement, I've been looking for something in our 'backyard' so to speak.

U2U me, mate.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Fascinating.

Wonder how many more of these type of places are scattered around Oz that are low key and not well known?

Flagged. Will keep my eye on this thread.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
if you are at all into scuba diving the stuff in the fields is nothing compared to what waits beyond the lagoons. No sea grass any more so the outlines of things stand out like the proverbial.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
Fascinating.

Wonder how many more of these type of places are scattered around Oz that are low key and not well known?

Well one way to check that is to research the coverage of the radar nets and see where one would be interrupted or run out of effective range. Where that happens, count on finding another pile of Lego.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
well!!!!!! that was certainly interesting!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join