It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA infiltration of UFOlogy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Why would the CIA bother to infiltrate people interested in a subject that has been disavowed?

WHY?

In the eighties, AFOSI agent Rick Doty, a longtime colleague and friend of analyst Jim, appeared in New Mexico in order to tease scientist Paul Bennewitz with promises to divulge the government’s UFO secrets. And in this case, the Air Force actually delivered the goods, in a sense. Bennewitz, an entrepreneur who specialized in selling high altitude testing equipment to the Air Force, had contacted AFOSI after filming bizarre flying craft near Kirtland AFB, outside Albuquerque. As a result, Doty was tasked not only with determining if Bennewitz had stumbled onto classified aircraft tests (and also scientific research such as Project Starfire), but also with feeding the physicist mountains of disinformation about UFOs, the furtive purpose being to divert his attention from classified goings-on, and later, to monitor the flow of information through the UFOlogy network.

In the shameful annals of intelligence warfare against their own people, the treatment of Bennewitz must surely show not only the ruthless evil of the CIA but also the way in which they will dispassionately manipulate and ruin genuine experiencers. Whilst all the time posing as part of the same fraternity of truth seekers.

American Chronicle - The Real X-Files

The Secret Team

CIA vs. the people

Dealing with cointelpro

How the CIA operates (1986)

edited to correct tiny typo in date attribution of last link

[edit on 14/1/08 by DogHead]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Various people have suggested that figures in UFOlogy are cia agents of disinformation. George Adamski the contactee has been suggested as one such, making crazy claims to smoke out real experiencers and help make the whole subject laughable and a "turn off" for normal people.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

As I sat and pondered the weight of the years of discovery and understanding that had led me to that moment there in the study, I suddenly felt very tired... very old for my age of thirty-three. A few moments of self-pity passed until I remembered some of the others who had carried the burden of this information. "Dr. Jessup must have known", I thought, "but they killed him with that pathetic suicide hit... What about Prof. McDonald?... he must have known, too. Wasn't it strange about him?.. a leading atmospheric scientist... champion of the civilian UFO research effort... arch enemy of Dr. Hynek... suddenly, he discovers the CIA involvement in the UFO cover-up and,... presto, McDonald suicides under most peculiar circumstances". My mind felt like a suitcase-crammed so full it couldn't be shut. "Hynek... yes... what about him?" I mused, "...wasn't it odd how he of all people replaced Prof. McDonald in the civilian UFO research society?..." I remembered my encounter with Hynek over in Melbourne, "...let's see, when was it? ... '73?... Yup, had to be... I wonder if he still fronts for the CIA boys..."

-Stan Deyo, The Cosmic Conspiracy, Section I, Preface

How different the world would be had it been McDonald not Hynek who held sway.

And then there was Admiral Hillenkoeter- from head of the CIA to civilian UFO researcher? Please.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I would imagine that the C.I.A/T.P.T.B have long been
mostly responsible for a very large portion of the UFO
accounts in our modern times.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
No question at all. And of course they control such sources as Wikipedia.

For example, they won't allow a Wiki entry on John Lear even though there is one for Bob Lazar...

"Editing John Lear
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact title. Please search for John Lear in Wikipedia before creating the article, to check for alternative titles or spellings.

* To start a neutral, verifiable encyclopedia article, type in the box below. When you are done, preview the page to check for errors and then save it.
* To learn more about creating articles, read the introduction, tutorial, and guide to creating your first article.
* To experiment, please use the sandbox.
* Do not write articles about yourself, your company, or your best friend.
* If a page was recently created here, it may not yet be visible because of a delay in updating the database; wait for a few minutes and try the purge function. If the page has been deleted, please see Why was my page deleted?. Please also read the deletion discussion for this page.

Wikipedia is not an advertising service. Promotional articles about yourself, your friends, your company or products, or articles created as part of a marketing or promotional campaign, will be deleted in accordance with our deletion policies. For more information, please see Wikipedia:Spam.

Articles that do not cite reliable published sources are likely to be deleted.

Notice: You are re-creating a page that was deleted.

You should consider whether it is appropriate to continue editing this page. Information is available on what to do if a page you created is deleted. The deletion log for this page is provided here for convenience:

* 01:58, 17 June 2007 Rklawton (Talk | contribs) deleted "John Lear" ‎ (this article has already been AfD'd - do not recreate it)
* 12:37, 13 June 2007 Herostratus (Talk | contribs) deleted "John Lear" ‎ (Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/John Lear)"

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
The Aviary and the MJ12 fakes are of course another glaring disgrace in the history of the study of UFOs. I am very surprised not to see more repetition of their debunked rubbish on ATS but am grateful for small mercies.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Ultra-Terrestrials and 9/11

Here it is laid out by a husband-wife writing team, in a nutshell.

This brings me to the topic of the day: Ultra-terrestrials and 9/11.

The whole "alien abduction" thing is a case study of what is being done within the 9/11 Truth Movement. Let me explain a bit:

Based on my experience as a hypnotherapist working with several alleged "alien abductees", I think it is highly probable that there is a "secret government" program that "fakes" alien abductions. However, the question must be asked "why?"

To get a complete picture of the problem, let´s look at what Richard Dolan has reported in his book "UFOs and the National Security State". He writes:

The UFO problem has involved military personnel around the world for more than fifty years, and is wrapped in secrecy. [...] Because this subject is so widely ridiculed, it is important to stress why it is worthy of serious attention.[...]

Stories of strange objects in the sky go far back into time, but the problem received little attention until the Second World War. [...]

During the UFO wave of 1947, American military and intelligence organizations conducted multiple, simultaneous investigations of these sightings. [...]

By the end of 1947, a contingent of analysts at the Air Technical Intelligence Center at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base believed that UFOs were extraterrestrial.

By the summer of 1948, this team prepared an "Estimate of the Situation." [...] As the story goes, Air Force Commander Hoyt Vandenberg rejected [this conclusion.] [...]

In the summer of 1952... UFO sightings were so frequent and often of such high quality that some in the air force actually wondered whether an invasion was under way. With some help from the secret CIA sponsored Robertson Panel of January 1953, the air force improved censorship over the problem. Still, it never quite went away. Civilian organizations began to collect and analyze interesting UFO reports. [...]

Then came the great UFO wave of 1965 and 1966, when the air force could no longer hide behind weather balloons and swamp gas, nor withstand public scrutiny. [...]

Let us pause to assess the situation. By the mid-1940s, America´s intelligence apparatus had reason to believe that there were artifacts in the skies that did not originate from America, Russia, Germany, or any other country. These objects violated some highly sensitive military airspace, and did not appear to be natural phenomena. One may presume that the affected national security authorities made it an immediate obsession to determine the nature and purpose of these objects, and we may infer that the issue probably became a deep secret by 1946, or 1947 at the latest. (Dolan, Richard, UFOs and the National Security State, (Charlottesville: Hampton Roads 2002) Introduction p. xix.)

It was at this precise moment in time that the Human Potential movement was "born." Do we think that this was a coincidence? By the mid-50s, it was becoming obvious that things were getting out of control and coincidentally, in August of 1956, the FBI began its COINTELPRO operation.

When traditional modes of repression (exposure, blatant harassment, and prosecution for political crimes) failed to counter the growing insurgency, and even helped to fuel it, the Bureau took the law into its own hands. Its methods ranged far beyond surveillance, and amounted to a domestic version of the covert action for which the CIA has become infamous throughout the world.

Usually, when we think of COINTELPRO, we think of the most well known and typical activities which include sending anonymous or fictitious letters designed to start rumors, among other things, publishing false defamatory or threatening information, forging signatures on fake documents, introducing disruptive and subversive members into organizations to destroy them from within, and so on. Blackmailing insiders in any group to force them to spread false rumors, or to foment factionalism was also common.

What a lot of people don´t keep in mind is the fact that COINTELPRO also concentrated on creating bogus organizations. These bogus groups (or alleged "experts") could serve many functions which might include attacking and/or disrupting bona fide groups, or even just simply creating a diversion with clever propaganda in order to attract members away so as to involve them with time-wasting activity designed to prevent them from doing anything useful. COINTELPRO was also famous for instigation of hostile actions through "independent" third parties.

According to investigators, these FBI programs were noteworthy because all documents relating to them were stamped "do not file." This meant that they were never filed in the system, and for all intents and purposes, did not exist. This cover was blown after activists broke into an FBI office in Media, Pennsylvania in 1971. The possibility of finding evidence for any of it, after that event, is about zero. To spell it out in Dolan´s words:

Regarding matters connected with "national security," there appears to be a wealth of information that does not exist officially. Thus, a request to find such documents through a Freedom of Information Act request would be in vain. Add to this the likelihood that perhaps the most sensitive information regarding UFOs may not even exist in document form ("the first rule in keeping secrets is nothing on paper," Richard Helms), and one can appreciate the difficulty that an honest UFO researcher or 9/11 researcher has in ferreting out the truth.

Now, let us take a few logical steps. The UFO problem emerged into the national consciousness in 1947, or thereabouts. Not long afterward, a lot of people began asking a lot of questions. The government wasn´t answering, and so the people began to band together to find out the answers for themselves.

People within eg the CIA are indeed seriously paid good salaries to create entire "legends" for whatever purpose is considered necessary. One category of control that to them is obviously necessary is anything that is bidding fair to form a mass movement of any sort, since it will inevitably change the status quo. And status quo with incremental changes leading to the "preferred outcomes" ie NWO is the only game in town.

If one sees the medieval church as a control system aimed at preventing communication between individual humans and nonhuman intelligences attempting to create sudden leaps forward in consciousness, then it isn't going to take a genius to suspect that the same war of ideas is being waged now by very similar players.

A battle of ideas, of symbols, of ideologies and of causes.

The tricksters, the shapeshifters, the elves, goblins, pixies, leprechauns and what have you valiantly attempt to communicate with enough adults to make changes to baseline human consciousness and force some doors open to the benefit of at least the entities, and possibly to ours.

On the other hand the Architects of Fear amongst us who attempt to control the human race are interested in homeostasis.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
some good stuff here and worthy of a flag
nice work, not only is there aliens among us
but disinfo agents as well

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Aliens can BE disinformation agents of course.

Not all men in black are human at all...

And so on.

new topics

top topics

join