It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
A limiting factor to being able to manifest is "Know thySelf." I use the capital "S" on Self because it isnt simply knowing the mind, the "self" or the persona we have created to show others, it is the Self that we ARE inherently, that the persona was constructed to conceal.

In the movie the matrix, Neo goes to the Oracle. The oracle points to the sign over the doorway. Know Thyself.

He then gets a message from the Oracle that one or the other must die. In the moments before it came to pass he understood, to Know Himself, was a truth and he realized that knowing himself he could not let either die. At that point he knew death in the matrix was under his control and he didn't have to die. His self became all. He was the first to no longer be controlled by the matrix. Or I should say the first in the movie.....

I took my wife to see an oracle. we drove for hours and as we neared the edge of a great canyon I spied the little shacks that made up a small store. I took her in and the man there questioned her self as I pretended to shop and listened in. He then questioned her motives, and finished with telling her specific in depth answers to every troubling situation without ever talking to either of us and knowing nothing of the situations. We paid for a couple small token items after her hour long or more session and when leaving she questioned to me why I would bring her there to that specific place. I responded ,where else would you get the answers to all things in your way but up in a high place at the opening of a great canyon in the middle of nowhere with no gas or food for 50 miles. Either there or in your own heart.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by Illahee]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

"Originally posted by Skyfloating
I believe otherwise. Just a few months ago I had a pretty large dent in my car, someone had driven into it while it was parked, and escaped. Applying LOA, I didnt give much credence to it (no anger, no response) and just went about my day as if it never happened. I didnt tell others about it either. Two days later I parked my car at the same spot. Upon returning, the dent was gone, as if it had never been there. Although I apply LOA often, I still couldnt believe my eyes. I started asking people if they had secretly taken my car to the repairshop while I was gone, but that was nonsense because I had the car-keys all along.

Originally posted by srsen
wow.... really? Now that one just blows me away.

Perhaps its my point of view in this particular area which is preventing me from having similar experiences, but i mean, i just cant understand how LOA could physically affect something which has already occurred.

I feel this would be supremely hard to achieve too. You would literally have to be convinced the dent never occurred - i'm not sure i'm strong willed enough for that. "

I found this post just recently and at risk of interrupting the flow of the conversation I feel compelled to offer a simpler explaination. A large dent that has no creases in the metal or paint disruption can be easily "pulled out" with a suction device(plunger) as if it was never there. I submit that LOA attracted someone with this Knowledge and equipment to your car who took a look and said to their self that will only take a second to fix. There you go. No more dent, the Universe fixed it.

Love this Post. Thank you Skyfloating for opening the subject. I have been on this journey in fits and starts most of my life The Secret proved to be a stumbling block thanks for telling me why that was so and opening a new path for me. I will seek your other posts for more info.
On the subject of authors any comments on Eckhart Tolle. I seem to have found the two of you at the same time.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This one fact concerning the LOA disturbs me.

Why do people still starve?

They want food, their motives are pure, yet they still starve to death.

Why doesn't LOA work for them?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I highly recommend everybody to watch the following video to learn the "truth" about the law of attraction:

Rub of Attraction Video

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

It works perfectly well for them. "You get more and more of what you already have". In other words, if you are surrounded by poverty, your attention is forced on poverty on a daily basis and it is highly unlikely that anything other than where your attention is will be created.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrapop

yep. Its because the "the secret" is so superficial that this thread was made.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiosityrising

Well...as they say in loa..."if that explanation feels better to you, it is better for you".

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

It works perfectly well for them. "You get more and more of what you already have". In other words, if you are surrounded by poverty, your attention is forced on poverty on a daily basis and it is highly unlikely that anything other than where your attention is will be created.

BS, their attention is focused on FOOD and EATING not poverty.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

If they see starving all around them everyday, what is there attention on most of the time? On food or lack of food?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Nope. Their attention is focused on their lack of food and not being able to eat.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

If they see starving all around them everyday, what is there attention on most of the time? On food or lack of food?

Unless you are somekind of mystic or psychic; you don't really know what a starving persons attention is focused on. Have you ever been in a situation where you have actually been starving.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Even if you disagree with loa and trash all of it...which is fine with me...

Look at someones surroundings and you know what his attention/observation is on most of the time.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiosityrising
reply to post by srsen

"Originally posted by Skyfloating
I believe otherwise. Just a few months ago I had a pretty large dent in my car, someone had driven into it while it was parked, and escaped. Applying LOA, I didnt give much credence to it (no anger, no response) and just went about my day as if it never happened. I didnt tell others about it either. Two days later I parked my car at the same spot. Upon returning, the dent was gone, as if it had never been there. Although I apply LOA often, I still couldnt believe my eyes. I started asking people if they had secretly taken my car to the repairshop while I was gone, but that was nonsense because I had the car-keys all along.

Originally posted by srsen
wow.... really? Now that one just blows me away.

Perhaps its my point of view in this particular area which is preventing me from having similar experiences, but i mean, i just cant understand how LOA could physically affect something which has already occurred.

I feel this would be supremely hard to achieve too. You would literally have to be convinced the dent never occurred - i'm not sure i'm strong willed enough for that. "

I found this post just recently and at risk of interrupting the flow of the conversation I feel compelled to offer a simpler explaination. A large dent that has no creases in the metal or paint disruption can be easily "pulled out" with a suction device(plunger) as if it was never there. I submit that LOA attracted someone with this Knowledge and equipment to your car who took a look and said to their self that will only take a second to fix. There you go. No more dent, the Universe fixed it.

Love this Post. Thank you Skyfloating for opening the subject. I have been on this journey in fits and starts most of my life The Secret proved to be a stumbling block thanks for telling me why that was so and opening a new path for me. I will seek your other posts for more info.
On the subject of authors any comments on Eckhart Tolle. I seem to have found the two of you at the same time.

It would be very difficult and also very taboo to discuss an event such as this here in forum. I can only relate the following. Do I believe the event occurred or had a very high likely hood of occurring? Yes I most certainly do, however this sort of event has to do with time slicing and belief, based on other recorded tests I have done in the past. It, in its purest form and barring the outside influence of an individual 'helping out' is on the advanced end of Mastership and would not be open for profane discussion.

To be very loose with explanation, it is the use of a time machine without actually possessing a time machine. More simply put, watch the movie Ground hog Day and imagine all of the starts running concurrently, and a selection being made. If they all expire at the same time one path again becomes the rule.

Heaven is the Kingdom of expansion. Expansion exists from our individual constructs, with the only limitation being the entirety of the universe. Other "universes" fall under different laws which keep them dormant until needed and are added for further expansion.

Refer to the Biblical lessons of the Mustard seed and yeast.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terrapop
I highly recommend everybody to watch the following video to learn the "truth" about the law of attraction:

Rub of Attraction Video

Cracked me up. Humor is good for you.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

Unless you are somekind of mystic or psychic; you don't really know what a starving persons attention is focused on. Have you ever been in a situation where you have actually been starving.

Perhaps for the ones who find it hard to believe, If they made the effort, if they used the law of attraction, they could slowly begin to turn the tide on starvation....just by doing something in that direction.

Here is the rub. Most of the ones who utilize their Biblical talents are also aware, that reincarnation is a valid event. One of two things happenned to those persons. Either A they knew that would be their lot and came regardless. or B the Creator predetermined their adversities for the souls learning experiences.

At any rate this line of thought is far off from the 'how topic' and we should honor the original poster unless he cares to elaborate on that content.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

Thank you for your reply. The Ground Hog Day reference does give a new perspective. Again, Thank you.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

Even if you disagree with loa and trash all of it...which is fine with me...

[edit on 11-2-2008 by Skyfloating]

Don't be so sensitive...

Where did I ever say I wanted to trash LOA or disbelieved in it.

Questions aren't allowed? Is it possible to Deny Ignorance without questions?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Whaa, I have asked the same question as you and I can't figure it out either.

All I know is if I am able to use LOA, I will know doubt help those people out.

There are probably a lot of greedy people who think they can become millionaires by applying LOA, but the only reason I would want that much money is so I can help out those starving people.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Questions aren't allowed? Is it possible to Deny Ignorance without questions?

In which way is calling out BS! a question?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

The basic misunderstanding between you and me is probably this:

You might not know that I think that observing something in your surroundings is also "giving something attention".

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join