It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Releases Video of Iranian Boats Confronting US Warships

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

That's pretty much how I see it too. Maybe another thing the Iranians didn't bank on was the media machine splicing up the whole affair and laying it out for consumption in nice anti-Iran portions.

Props to the US for not retaliating. Props to the Iranians for not doing anything stupid. Big thumbs down to both for playing this stupid little game which could end in a lot of people dying! But then what else do armed forces do when away and in unstable zones?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

The Persian Gulf is international waters. Unless you get within actual Iranian waters, there is nothing untoward happening. That would be analogous to saying only nations along the Meditteranean Sea, should utilize the Meditteranean Sea.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

Actually with all the warships that US have in the area it does looks like US invasion of even the international waters surrounding the Persian gulf not matter what.

Again does any body knows of any Iranians warships around the international waters surrounding the US?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Funny

I thought the same thing about the President of the United states, until Sempter 2001.

1 minor warship?... c'mon... thats just 1 less ivory back scratcher...

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

The Iranians don't have a blue water Navy, so no, there aren't any Iranian warships off our coast.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Oh but if Iran had a naxy and if they were in international waters outside of the USA they would be blown up, dont you know that!!!

[edit on 1/8/2008 by racerzeke]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I'm in the US military, and I can say with certainty- no US unit, ship, etc... would allow itself to get attacked on purpose. If you're a crewman or the commander of that ship, that "ivory backscratcher" is keeping you above water, and taking you home after the cruise. The Navy tends to frown upon commanders who didn't take precautions to protect their ships(I suggest you do a little reading about that), and in many cases the situation would've been far less serious than to purposefully allow harm to come to your crew. No commander would take that order, and the crew certainly wouldn't be in on it either.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by racerzeke

If they stayed in international waters they wouldn't be blown up. If they crossed into US water with a warship, they'd at the very least be met with a large reception committee. Our ships aren't in Iranian waters, so there's nothing they can say about it, whether or not they're happy about it.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I don`t see any proof yet that these are even Iranian boats or even really have Iranians manning them or proof of where this is shot or any proof any thing except the proof of a video of little speed boats(that the military gave us) ..and what the MSM has told us..
gee ..do I trust the MSM? or the military for that fact.....let me think.....NO

god we are so Gullible...

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Maya432

Were these holographs of threatening boats, or perhaps they were remotely controlled? Perhaps they were rogue Blackwater operatives on a false flag mission.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Maya432

Yes, also the story about the incoming radio message saying: "we will explode your ship", or something, sounds like a thing they would make up to spice up the story and footage.

I mean, who in there right mind would go straight at American worships in a speedboat, and radio in that they are going to sink the ship?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Maya432

I don`t see any proof yet that these are even Iranian boats or even really have Iranians manning them or proof of where this is shot or any proof any thing except the proof of a video of little speed boats(that the military gave us) ..and what the MSM has told us..

Do you consider Xinhua (Chinese State Television) MSM?

TEHRAN, Jan. 7 (Xinhua) -- Iran's Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad-Ali Hosseini on Monday played down an incident between Iranian boats and U.S. naval ships in the strategic Strait of Hormuz over the weekend, saying it was "something normal", the official IRNA news agency reported. Link

I labeled Xinhua has Iranian instead of Chinese.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by Boone 870]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Maybe they were ordered under NO CIRCUMSTANCE to fire on ANY IRANIAN Vessal, NO MATTER WHAt.

Now, would a military commander follow his orders?

And as I said before, if the US president can allow the towers to be hit, and come down.. a navy vessal is NOTHING!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

There would never be an order given to not fire, no matter what. We have ROE(rules of engagement) and we always reserve the right to self defense. No commander is going to let his ship get blown up on purpose- no crew is going to participate in a conspiracy that results in their or their buddies' deaths. I don't know how to spell it out any clearer.

As for the President allowing the Towers to be hit, we'll have to agree to disagree there too.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by BlueRaja]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Pentagon Releases Video of Iranian Boats Confronting US Warships......

Nice play on words with no lying.

"Iranian" pleasure crafts check out a convoy of awesome ships.

I would of done the same.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
history shows there are too many men and women in the armed services, who are willing to look the other way and carry out an order.

Do we need to list every single incident?

Honestly, if the incident played out like the pentagon said, the US should of opened fire.

I mean, a speed boat gets within 200m, threatens to 'blow up' the ship, fails to achnowledged radio transmission?.. c'mon.... warning shots ATLEAST should of been fired.
200M aint a lot especailly when your in a speed boat.

Those speed boats were allowed to get that close, if indeed thats the honest facts.

Would a car full of Iraqi's chanting '' we will blow you up ''
be allowed within 200 M of an American checkpoint? if it failed to stop of achnowledge?

We've labeled the revolutionary guard terrorists, so there technically no different to insurgents.

Iran performing a 'terrorist-suicide-attack' helps out the neo-cons.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
the part so many people are missing
is Iran said they did it because they
didn't know they were American ships
this disturbs me two ways.
First how can you possibly mistake
a U.S. warship for anything else.
second they are admitting they do it
to other ships, how many other ships
could not defend themselves, where
are they now?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I guarantee you, if you're a sailor on a ship, you're not going to look the other way right before you get killed, in order to make the Iranians look bad. You don't get command of a ship under a whim. Military commanders take the welfare of their men and women very seriously. NO commander is going to kill his men on purpose, for a publicity stunt.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

While I don't agree with everything you have been saying in this thread, I do very much so agree with this:

"Honestly, if the incident played out like the pentagon said, the US should of opened fire.

I mean, a speed boat gets within 200m, threatens to 'blow up' the ship, fails to achnowledged radio transmission?.. c'mon.... warning shots ATLEAST should of been fired.
200M aint a lot especailly when your in a speed boat."

I think those US ships showed a LOT of restraint. Regardless of whether you think those destroyers "should" be there, or whether you agree with the war in Iraq, or any of that stuff, the fact is those destroyers ARE there, and I'm very surprised that 5 speedboats acting in such a threatening manner toward US Naval ships weren't blown out of the water.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanZana
Pentagon Releases Video of Iranian Boats Confronting US Warships......

Nice play on words with no lying.

"Iranian" pleasure crafts check out a convoy of awesome ships.

I would of done the same.

What play on words/lying are you referring to, and what news story are you getting Iranian "pleasure craft" from?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join