It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there real immortals living among us?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I don't know about Immortals living among us but as for Immorals living among us....yes!

Sorry, I couldn't resist and apologies to you.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
come on guys, lets get serius about this
this is a very good topic, i have never though about it, u know, like a real thing
it could be posible? maybe...(ask big foot about it)
one thing is for sure, and that is that i would like to meet a person or talk to a person more older than 2,000 years, imagine that, the whole modern human history, music, science, a man that knows everything...
i wanna know more about it, please keep posting

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Oh yeah... This is 100% true. I got proof

"Coven,
I. O. U.
$20
-Jesus"

Seriously. I am intrigued, please do tell us more!

Coven

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
2000 year old man huh...is your friend Mel Brooks ?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
In the Bible Matthew 27:51 to 54

50Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

51And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

52And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

54Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you see, could these people be still alive today some where?
Theory would be, that even if Jesus brought people to life again they would die once again anyway.

But if this was possible then this is one historical passage that may support this claim, maybe they died again too maybe they are still here, we do not know.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by benabba

are there real immortals living amongst us?--------yes! the angels are immortal----both types---the evil fallen angels that cant be seen and the angels of G-D that can and sometimes do manifest themselves as human men.examples genesis 18 and 19 ------joshua 5:13-15 joshua 6:1-5---the Messiah used to come down to earth and manifest Himself as a man when He thought the occasion required His presence--hopefully 2012 He will come back again.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Why 2012? Was Jesus a Mayan?

While the original poster makes for a compelling story/movie I just cant believe much of what he says. I think in thsi case it is simple pandering for a website.

Nor for that matter people who say "I know someone who ..... but I cant share anymore about them". If you truly wanted to protect a secret you wouldnt dicuss it in a forum like this.

Oh....I am St. Germain and I do eat in public. Mostly hot dogs and nachos if I can get them. I'd like to share more, but I just cant.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
You did ot say Immortal humans... so here you go for the immortal species:

Turritopsis nutricula jellyfish — After becoming a sexually mature adult, the jellyfish Turritopsis nutricula can transform itself back into a child (the polyp stage) using the cell conversion process of transdifferentiation. The Turritopsis nutricula repeats this cycle, meaning that it may have an indefinite lifespan, though it can be killed.[1]

Bacteria (as a colony) — Although they can be killed by antibiotics, radiation, or starvation, bacteria, as a colony, appear to never age. Bacteria reproduce through cell division. A parent bacterium splits itself into two identical daughter cells. These daughter cells then split themselves in half. This process repeats, thus making the bacterium colony essentially immortal. However, a bacterium, as an individual, is mortal since it “dies” when it divides in half.
Recent research, however, suggests that even bacteria as a colony may eventually die since each succeeding generation is slightly smaller, weaker, and more likely to die than the previous.[2]

Source

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Yeah, who wants to live forever...(dreams away for a sec)

A mutation that would allow normal cells to continue to divide could exist.
But would the brain and its neurons play the same game ?
I don't think a immortal would last long without a way to regenerate those
too and at the same time keeping memories and maintaining higher and lower
brain functions.

And think about all those connections would have been made over time !
Maybe the brain just forgets everything every normal lifespan and has to
start from scratch everytime it completely renews itself.
Like a big reset button !

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
i remember many years ago, late 1980's there was a guest on Terry Wogans show here in the UK who claimed he was immortal. Poor Terry Wogan did not know where to look and was hard pressed not to burst into fits of laughter. I dont think it was long after that he had David Icke on in his purple shellsuit proclaming to be the Son of God. Terry Wogan was for once at a loss for words and had the auidence in stiches of laughter.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapacious

why would i hope Messiah returns 2012?---nothing to do with mayans calendar---when Messiah was 12 years old His parents took Him to jerusalem for the 8 days of passover(luke 2:41-51).when the parents started their return home--they assumed He was with their relatives--He wasn't----they returned to jerusalem and found Him teaching in the temple of G-D.they asked Him why He had troubled them--He told them He had to be doing His Fathers buisness.2012 will be the 2000th year anniversary of this occasion.silly me has hope for Him (and wonder as did His mother verse 51 what He meant by saying this to them) to get back here and carry on where He left off.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Do I think immortals exist? Not on this planet. But it's certainly possible. Being immortal, especially in this day and age, would be rather difficult as you require forms of identity to live amongst society. So unless you had an organization or group of people that knew your secret, could all be trusted, and had the resources and skills to help you, it would be difficult. These individuals would have to continually change your identity, relocate you and provide you with identification, credit, money, etc.

The only other conceivable alternative is to live as a transient and not make any lengthy relationships with anyone. You couldn't stay in the same area for very long before people became suspicious.

This is all assuming this immortal person has no other magical powers or abilities, of course.

Now, as for the OP, I think he's full of it. This is just a gimmick or money-making venture for him. Just look at how many different domains he has, and they're all linked back and forth to one another. If you read his "blogs", he basically proceeds to tell you everything except what you really want to know. He keeps stating that in future blogs he will tell you about this 2,800-year-old man and how he was able to find him, as well as all the other immortal individuals he claims to know. But he never reveals this information. He links you from one of his websites to another and basically weaves a web of circular logic.

I'm still waiting to see what his catch is as I didn't notice any advertising or gimmicks for sale when I scanned one of his sites. It just looks like your typical, run of the mill collection of blogs. He does, however, mention something about his plans to write a book. So perhaps he is just stringing everyone along until the book comes out which he will claim has all the answers to everyones questions.

There's also the possibility that this is just a case of a semi-creative individual with far too much time on his hands and nothing better to do with it. It sure wouldn't be the first time we've ran into this kind of person, especially on this site!

You'll notice that I haven't mentioned the possibility that he is actually telling the truth. That's because I just don't think it's remotely possible. I have no idea how one would even go about searching for an immortal person, and the fact that he doesn't explain any of his techniques whatsoever, just increases my suspicions.

All that being said, I will give him credit for at the very least starting a decent discussion!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by benabba
And if they do; what could they tell us about the history of our civilization?

What would you like to know?

I can help you out on a timeline until around the Younger-Dryas period...which was approx. 10,000 years ago - with the beginning of the present age beginning with the start of the Holocene period (end of the last ice age).

This, however, is not even half of what might be called 'civilization.' Certainly mankind, in his present bodily form, began to overcome and dominate the rest of the creatures around that time but there have been at least two other very long periods in which the spirit which is now humankind ruled this planet.

During both, our current level of sophistication and technology was not just rivaled but almost certainly surpassed...

...mainly because spirit was not yet fully indwelling in the organic and therefore vision and wisdom was easier to seek, find, and act upon without opposition from others (because it was not the exception but the norm to be; able to perceive the unseen and to control the natural forces with the power of mind).

I'll check out your blogs, my friend. ♥

GOD bless you in your efforts and your life!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I would love to fill some of you curious ones in with a more robust interpretation of Earth's history but that would break an oath I made to my high muckymucks about not interfering with natural human evolution. Those who seem to be in power believe they are but this is not the case. I am actually a new immortal. I am 39 Earth years old but will definitely live for a very long time which is immortal enough for the normal Earth human.

Viva Cepheus 10slash6!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

If they exist, I believe you are right. Many years ago, I read a book called The Boat Of A Million Years, by Poul Anderson. And it was about immortals. The main character had several wives which he, of course, outlived. Children. And it tore him up every time he had to go through the end of each cycle. He never got used to those he who he loved dying. Anyway, the way he survived was to "disappear" for many years to let other generations die, people who recognized him. Folks would become suspicious of his youthful appearance sooner or later, and many would say that he was demon of some sort, would hunt him to exterminate him. Over time he became adept at making money, and he would bury and hide large sums of money throughout the world to be retrieved during emergencies and when he needed to lay low for extended periods of time. Finally, there were only about ten other immortals in existence that he ever found out about. Th e Boat Of A Million Years is a great read. I'd highly recommend it to anybody whose fascinated with the lore and myths of immortals.

There's also the Ahasuerus or Wandering Jew legend.

According to L. Neubaur, the legend is founded on Jesus's words given in Matthew 16:28:

'Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.'

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by benabba

Interesting speculation on this thought of immortals which through out history has intrigued and inspired many to investigate and write about these special individuals.

Someone on ATS mentiond a movie entitled "The last man on Earth", there is another movie titled " Man Of Earth" in which this man has been roaming around since Cromagnon times. In the movie he has a reunion wth some professor friends from the university where he teaches History and he explains to them the reason for his sudden and urgent departure.
It is good movie in that it gives us new thought on humanity and his wayward ways, and how sometimes history can be distorted and bent to accomodate beliefs that cater to some, and thankfully not to all.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Arawn

I loved Unbreakable. One of my all time favorite movies.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Could the holy city mean Vatican City? They would be well protected there.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
i believe that there is and i believe they are a sub humanoid species. evolved from sililar kinda primate. when we was evolving there was more then one branch evolving from primates. i feel if their is its them.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
plus lets say you live forever. all your posestions and money will dissapear once you "die". so you would take the ID of a dead baby to carry on and inherit them as a gift to that "dead" child who would end up being you

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join