It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never be able to disprove god?/ramblings on religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I've been thinking and I have come to the conclusion that we will never be able to completely disprove the theory of god. No matter what evidence there is the Christians will always end up just placing the blame on "the Devil". Satan has become the Christians scapegoat/counter-argument for all evidence against the Bible and the theory of god. Before I end let me just say that even though I am now a Pagan (Pagan as in I believe in the spirit of Nature) I really tried to believe in the Christian god for many years but I just couldn't accept it. Even when I was a small child I had my doubts (even though I felt horrible for doubting due to the Christian "programming"). Anyway these are just some of my thoughts and I would like to hear others' opinions. And as always please keep the arguments civil, I don't want this to turn into a bash-thread.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
greetings

Its been said throughout the biblical documents that the 'Devil' could not do anything without the permission of God.

Even he is subject to following a path, as it may seem he being all evil could have at first glance taken Jesus out in the desert without having to tempt him.

what is it about "temptation' that is the foreplay of humanity within the rituals that lead to enlightenment.

why did the Devil at first glance of Eve not destroy her without a conversation.

when one hunts for food do they capture the prey to ask the prey before hand if they want to be food?

It is evident there is a line and the question comes who's line is anyway?

with that being said
the documentation of the Bible talks about a conversation between the 'Devil' and Christ at witch the Devil presented to Christ on a Platter 'All the Kingdoms of the world' as an exchange ..

Does that not show that The kingdoms were in the possession of this 'Devil' as something that he could trade.

in all these exchanges there seems to be a common line that indicates to me that forces that are cosmic that come to influence or enslave humanity cannot cross the line of a persons own will.

there is the sovereign choice of an individual that validates all exchanges.

Now thats seems to show through these paranormal exchanges.

Now what Man does with Man is another story!
I may be that man is inherently subject to the same 'Line' and does not understand that honer system as something that can either break him or make him.

Man seems to be battling a subconscious understanding of the sovereign line.

and if the ills on this planet can be traced to a root ..
sovereign choice is the dirt it grows in.

In the realms of enlightenment and understanding the paths that people follow to awakening are paved with grace as a gesture for humanity's needs to 'think about things' ..

now what is so valuable about mankind having that ability to choose?
why is so important?

and what if it becomes contaminated?

[edit on 7-1-2008 by E†E]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by flyingwoody
I've been thinking and I have come to the conclusion that we will never be able to completely disprove the theory of god.

Well, of course not. You can't prove a negative.

But the biggest difficultly with trying to disprove God is that you have to define it/him first. You need to come up with a reasonable, coherent, and logically consistent definition of God before you can even start to prove or disprove the thing. Personally, I've never found anyone who can give me such a definition. The most common logical paradox that almost instantly pops up is the one where you have an omnipotent, omnipresent entity somehow "compelled" to create the universe. How can something with no needs, feel the need to create? God should not be lonely.

As a result of this complete lack of a good definition of God, I really don't even understand what people are talking about. I don't even consider myself to be an "atheist" anymore, because neither belief nor disbelief means anything if nobody knows what the hell they're even talking about.

But a person has to arrive at that understanding on their own. You can't argue it, because most people who believe in God very clearly don't want to think about it too much.

The thing is, most people use religion as a kind of way to stop the echoing of the thoughts in their heads when they contemplate this existence. There are huge blank spots in our knowledge, particularly when it comes to wanting to know why we exist. Intellectually, we really don't want to be left with the idea that our existence is pointless and futile. That makes this life a real living horror. Oh, there are a few brief flashes of comfort or joy, but life is primarily a constant driving pain, with a painful death almost always guaranteed.

"God" or some other belief structure like reincarnation, helps fill that black hole in our knowledge. It allows some of us frightened human beings to sleep warm at night with fewer nightmares. And you're not going to argue people out of it. Nobody wants to be kicked out naked into the snow. Same thing.

It's sad that some of these people use their beliefs and their fears to justify doing horrible things to other people. But hey. The world is sad.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Here we go again.
Gun-ho atheists go on a egomasterbation fest.
Religious nuts go on a defensive babble about how great their gods are.
Spiritualists point the fact that both sides are zealots and hardly wanting to find any reality other than the one they predisposed to believe anyway.
Spread through-out is fighting.
Then silence ensues.
Til the next post.
Then it all starts over again.
And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again.
Of course there is varients but not by much. Based on the individuals that chime in.
Here see how your post will go.
ATS post that has followed a simular track.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

And through out your entire message your ego shows.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
well chime like a gong into this vibe

let i be written (without ink or clay and in a million ways thus)
let i be done (and we all do 'it')

to convince anyone there is a god is like making the taking a stone and carving out of it a face and then talking to it and wondering why it doesn't talk back ..but what IF you listened hard enough and a very cool thought came to you head..was it then the stone speaking to you or yourself?

and with the same stone people want to prove that it speaks so the prop it on a podium and get people to gather and listen..will it then speak?

someone does a dance and and someone screams 'it spoke to me'.
the one who danced is going to think it was because of the dance and the ones who didn't here anything will thing the one who heard something is 'special'..
and ritual and speakers of the stone emerge. and for every tribe a new face is carved and a new dance is discovered and the speakers of the 'stones' rise as leaders.

in the end after so many hundreds to thousands of years the momentum brings the tribes to a place that they battle eachother to the death untill one tribe stone remains ..
and down to the last two men they kill each other

the two come together for the last battle to determine the end of it all
and in a peculiar moment the two end up hugging and throwing there stones over a cliff and walk off as brothers to never carve another face on a stone again.

in the end the stones divided mankind into sects to do one another in.

It may seem that we don't believe enough in who we are as a species that we need to have it validated with proving our divinity it to the next guy

and this we do even now in opinions to validate something yes?

the quest to find that we exist for a reason/purpose and to even devise way to belittle the next guy so as to somehow validate our divinity or humanity
in the end what we are having to ultimately achieve is knowing what we are capable of doing..
be it evil in the greatest sense or good.

simple and telling in and of itself

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by E†E

Good way of putting it.
And at the end of all that we are no closer to the ultimate answers that we like to pretend we want, well, as long as it compliments what we want the ultimate answer to be. If there even is one.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant
reply to post by E†E

Good way of putting it.
And at the end of all that we are no closer to the ultimate answers that we like to pretend we want, well, as long as it compliments what we want the ultimate answer to be. If there even is one.

yes exactly

the stones thats speak are nothing more then our hopes and fears reflected.
but even down to the end the stones are a lesson that will soon validate that the two who who end up throwing the stones over the cliff for the sake of saving their brothers life ..(regardless how much the stone protested it as an evil)
these two learn a greater lesson that neither could have learned or validated without the other..

Humanity is special all be it by itself because they have the experience of Love in all its revelations, have you ever witnessed that a person who claims to be evil is in love with evil?

a strange romantic journey that cultivates a rich lesson for the traveler.

we all deserve to know and to experience what we are learning.

even the greatest of symphony's there is silence that is played as if it is an instrument itself.

so it is that we all bring this grand revelation of life to an experience.

the yang that loves the ying and the ying that runs away..they are bound together

you can see how a shadow and the light come together
they respect one another space.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by E†E]

top topics

join