It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 F-18E/Fs crash in Persian Gulf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Well the news today is that 2 F-18E/Fs crashed in the persian gulf. As of right now no cause is mentioned in the release and the US Navy says the cause of the accident is under investigation, and makes no mention of collision or hostile fire. Flight global also goes on the makes reference to another dual crash of the E/F in Oct of 2002 into the sea off Monterey, California.

Two US Navy Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornets crashed in the Persian Gulf on 7 January. The three crewmembers ejected safety and were rescued by teams from the aircraft carrier USS Truman.

The US Navy says the single-seat F/A-18E and two-seat F/A-18F "were providing en route close air support from Iraq when they crashed". The aircraft were from Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 3.

www.flightglobal.com...

All three pilots ejected safely from the planes and were headed back to the USS Harry Truman, the aircraft carrier they were operating from, according to the official, who requested anonymity because the information was preliminary and not yet released publicly. No other details or the crash were released.

One of the F-18 jets that crashed held two pilots, the other held just one.

The crash occurred at about 1 p.m. EST.

Another news agency link
www.nowpublic.com...

[edit on 22/08/06 by Canada_EH]

[edit on 22/08/06 by Canada_EH]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't heard this news yet. Good thing the pilots ejected safely. I wonder what caused the crash.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Demanufakture

well at this point since its two aircraft and all three ejected I'm naturally going to say a mid air collision. At the time though that haven't said anymore then they are safe and the aircraft type etc.

join