It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Tribulation?!?!?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I'm amazed and at the same time dismayed by the amount of people on ATS who create threads that report the state of the world we are in, but at the same time when they are told we are experiencing the Tribulation cry, "What Tribulation?!?!?!" Here are just a few examples posted by ATS members.

Analyst Predicts US Banking Break Down

Bird Flu Disaster

Pending Economic Disaster

Recipe for Disaster - Emerging Superpowers

Forget Oil New Crisis is Food

Sallie Mae Shares Tumble

Oil Hits $100 Gold Reaches New Record

Cold Spell to Replace Global Warming

Feds Up Auction Amounts to Aid Banks

Americans Falling Behind on CC Payments at Alarming Rate

Magma Pushing up Ground at Yellowstone

Dark Spiral in Sky Remains Mystery

Odds Increase of Martian Asteroid Impact

Mexico to Microchip Central American Migrants

The Pentagons Electronic Warfare Program

Pound at Record Low agaist Euro

11 Die in Massive Winter Storm

Wierd Weather Discussions

Because I couldn't possibly list all the ATS threads that have been started, here's a link where you can view a list of RECORD BREAKING DISASTERS just for the year of 2006-2007. Record Breaking Disasters 06-07

Daniel 6:27 He rescues and delivers; He performs signs and wonders in the heavens and on the earth, for He has rescued Daniel from the power of the lions."

Ezekiel 7:26 Disaster after disaster will come, and there will be rumor after rumor. Then they will seek a vision from a prophet, but instruction will perish from the priests and counsel from the elders.

Daniel 9:13 Just as it is written in the law of Moses, all this disaster has come on us, yet we have not appeased the LORD our God by turning from our injustice and paying attention to Your truth.

Amos 9:10 All the sinners among My people, who say: Disaster will never overtake or confront us, will die by the sword.

Open your eyes, people of the world. The signs are all around you.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Scripture is only an authority to those who already believe in it.

Those of us who don't suffer from religious delusion understand that the world always has "things" going on, they always seem to be the "tribulations" to people who follow religion. xians have been saying it's the end times every 100 years or so since the church was founded.

Hitler was the Antichrist. Stalin was the Antichrist. I think there was a pope supposed to be the antichrist in the Renaissance, can't remember who off the top of my head.

It's not the tribulation. It's not the end times. It's just 2008.

Won't you please join us in real life instead of wishing so hard for everything to be destroyed? Why on earth do fundamentalists and other evangelical types want the world to end, so very badly?

Enjoy this life while you have it. You aren't going to go to a "better place" when you die. This is all you get.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

Why on earth do fundamentalists and other evangelical types want the world to end, so very badly?

To validate their faith. No one wants to be chumped out. Perhaps some kind of deep seated guilt might play a part also.

Me, I just take it, One Day At A Time.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
ok, people have been claiming the end of the world would happen this year for the last 1900+ years. i don't buy it this time anymore than i buy it any of those times.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The only tribulation is when in hell.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
You can mock all you want, but when they force something on your hand or forhead in this global antichrist communistic regime, remember this.

JesusIsTruth, I'm sure you know what I mean when I say that this was prophesied as well. Most of the world...probably 99.8% of them will not believe, just as in Noah's day only 8 believed. That's why debate is really fruitless, because their eyes are blinded to truth. They can't see what's happening around them because their hearts won't let them. Our prayers should be that before it's too late, their hearts and eyes are opened so that they too can obtain the promise of Christ's Kingdom.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I understand that greatly.

Its like what God did with the jews by not allowing them to see because of the hierachy sins and hypocracy.

And yes that prophesy is in the bible.

" It will be like the days of noah, they were eating drinking, giving in marriage, all until the flood came and swept them away "

Because, I believe the key to that is. Even though the signs are there.

They key is this.

People dont believe in sin.

So when God chastises the world and brings peace back to it, all the blame will go on us.

why does God do this, we are living in comfort, doing what we will without God, not including God, and why are we getting punished christians?

sin makes God flee from the soul, and stuff like murder, theft, lies, lust, pride, (gluttony) major in this country.

these things are not of God and cause trouble for the world and are evil to God.

Now Im not free from guilt of some of these things, trust me, but the world has reached a point that they glory in their shame. Glory in sin.

But as for worrying, God says, lift up your heads, for his coming is near.

So he wants us to live our lives, happy, and peacful, but prepared and in prayer thinking about him.

so we dont have to be worried at all.

peace.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

" It will be like the days of noah, they were eating drinking, giving in marriage, all until the flood came and swept them away "

Because, I believe the key to that is. Even though the signs are there.

Yes, well if you're too busy doing those things it leaves little time for prayer, meditation, thanks, praise and all the other things Father would rather we be doing for the betterment of ourselves as well as others, right?

What people fail to realize is that it's about drawing closer to Him and being in unity with Him. He that gave us life and provides for all our needs.

Mankind has grown too big for it's britches. They don't think they need God. They don't stop to give thanks for what they have and have become prideful as well as sinful.

So... the culling must happen because those not found worthy cannot be allowed into the Kingdom. Our Savior is worthy of nothing less than the very best.

Oftentimes I feel a lot like Noah...mocked, made fun of and berated. And John the Baptist. The voice crying out in the wilderness. There's a point and a purpose to it though, as a great many eternal lives are at stake, and I'm honored to be in service to our heavenly Father in glorifying His name.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   

But the micro chip is biblical you arrogant soul MM, not only that but saints from 1500 and further back have prophecied about nuclear holocost, nuclear attacks, 3rd WW.

..........and you will, I garuntee you MM, have to have something in your hand and forhead to buy and sell soon.

Easy now Jesusistruth. For whatever you may believe about MM, or atheists in general, God chooses whom he chooses to reveal himself to. All Christians had a point when they were without belief.

Furthermore it is speculative to interpret the Bible referencing micro-chips or nuclear weapons. It simply does not mention either one of them.

[edit on 6-1-2008 by ben91069]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

The Tribulation refered to in the Bible is the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD. It is past. Over, done , finished.

Many here refere to the 70 Weeks mentioned by Daniel in prophecy and then try to flashdance it into todays times. The sad thing is that so many preachers and teachers use this to put people in a time warp as if this is future. Back in the time of Daniel it was future.

Daniel: " seventy weeks are deteremined on thy city and thy people. "

At the time of Daniel thier was only one city for these people ..Jerusalem and only one people...the Hebrews.

So many preachers and men of letters try to use this as future from todays standpoint in order to drum up fear and belief..ie ...congregations/moneys.

IF you understand what happened in Jerusalem by 70 AD and the Roman General Titus..also the accounts by Flavius Josephus of the siege of Jerusalem..the infighting among the Hebrew factions before the Romans arrived..ie..Civil War...You will see the Tribulation.

I highly recommend the reading of this account of the destruction of Jerusalem by Flavius Josephus in the History of the Jews and the Antiquities of the Jews. IF nothing else merely from a historical perspective. Talk about a disaster in the making. A travesty what the Jews were doing to each other in thier civil war. Then the Romans arrived complicating things further.

What you are reading is the account of the desctuction of a whole entire nation.
This was the Tribulation. Not some future event in our time.
Remember what is recorded in the Bible. The history of a people chosen by God..lived and dwelt in a certain area...obeyed but often disobeyed thier God ...the forming and reforming of His people for His purposes.
All of this took place in this area of the world..not anywhere else.
This is the armor for us to use, believe, and understand no matter where we are at. No matter what happens or is foretold...particularly by the "traditions of men."
YOu are also told that there would be people who would misdirect us as to the Word and its meaning. Why would we be surprised to find that some of them are preachers or even other believers??? Counterfitters.

As to all this end times stuff....I dont worry about that either. It is not in my hands. And I am certainly not going to state that as a Believer I "deserve " better because I dont think that I do.

As to all those other things on the list by the OP...this has been going on since the world was founded. What are you going to do about it? This is not new history. You perceive whether you live in fear or by Faith.

EVen the unbelievers here have a good point on this. I agree with them.
As a Believer ..I dont care for or think much of a preacher who uses the Tribulation to keep the flock in fear. People ought to know enough history and Bible to understand what is being spoken about in what people tend to call the Tribualtion. This is one of the reasons I dont think much of what passes for churchs today. Or preachers..men of letters.

Some of you folks need to start getting Salty..not sugary, sweet and fearful. We are the Salt of the earth..not the sugar.

Orangetom

[edit on 6-1-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
All righty, all of you who believe this is the end times, I challenge you to put your money where your mouth is.

If you REALLY think the world is about to end, then make up a document leaving me all of your worldly possessions: cars, real estate, bank accounts, stocks, bonds, chattels, etc. that will only take effect when and if you're taken bodily up to heaven and I (as a horribly arrogant atheist) am left behind.

Post the document so I can see that you really did it. Or you can U2U me a scan or a link to a scan online.

If you don't do that, then you don't really believe this nonsense and you may as well drop it and join the real world.

What harm can it do? If you're going to be ascending bodily to heaven, then you won't need that stuff -- camel/eye of needle, etc.

If you aren't going to heaven anytime soon, then it doesn't matter, because the document won't ever take effect.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
The Tribulation refered to in the Bible is the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD. It is past. Over, done , finished.

The Scriptures are full of dual prophecies and things that should be taken both literally and symbolically. With the assistance of the Holy Spirit is the only way to come to a full understanding of the jigsaw puzzle of Father's Word.

If this is what you believe, so be it. It is your free will right and I will not debate it. My only advice is to guard your heart, having accepted Christ as Lord and Savior. Father will take care of the rest. God bless.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
And by the way, scriptural quotations aren't facts

Originally posted by ReginaAdonnaAaron
The Scriptures are full of dual prophecies and things that should be taken both literally and symbolically.

Give us one properly-documented example.

With the assistance of the Holy Spirit is the only way to come to a full understanding of the jigsaw puzzle of Father's Word.

How do you know this? Prove to us that you're telling the truth and not just making excuses for a farrago of nonsense and contradiction dreamed up by ancient, half-savage people who knew next to nothing about the world.

If this is what you believe, so be it. It is your free will right and I will not debate it.

No, no, debate it, please. Show us you really have something solid to back up these wild-sounding claims and that you're not just blowing incense-smoke.

My only advice is to guard your heart, having accepted Christ as Lord and Savior. Father will take care of the rest. God bless.

My heart is a pump that circulates blood through my body.

Never mind the advice, give us some facts.

If you actually have any to give, that is.

Talk is cheap.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Astyanax - The proof you want will be provided, but not by me. It will be provided by God and in His timing. I have provided a lot of information here on ATS for everyone to ponder. I provide more through the websites listed in my profile. Faith, wisdom and understanding is something you must come to on your own. It can not be gained through me. I am only a servant - a cog in the wheel of the Spiritual War. It can only be gained through God alone via His Holy Spirit.

[edit on 6-1-2008 by ReginaAdonnaAaron]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but the one making the claim has to provide the proof. Passing the buck to an invisible friend to do at its whim proves nothing.

Where is YOUR proof that the world is about to end, that doesn't come from interpretation of a scripture that only xians hold as an authority?

And so far, no one has taken me up on my challenge. I promise to take good care of all the property left to me until such a time as it's all swept away to make a place for the heaven on earth that certain sects of xians are certain is on its way.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Smoke gets in your eyes

Astyanax - The proof you want will be provided, but not by me. It will be provided by God and in His timing.

Ah, I see. So you don't have any proof of your claims, then - just a lot of talk.

Can't say I'm surprised - I expected some such evasion - but thanks for clearing up any possible doubts. I guess we all know how much credence to give your statements now.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

So... the culling must happen because those not found worthy cannot be allowed into the Kingdom. Our Savior is worthy of nothing less than the very best.

This is the kind of talk that scares me. So RAA are you going to be an instrument of God when the culling starts. Are you so blessed that you can determine who is worthyor unworthy and cannot be allowed into the kingdom?

God help us from your followers!

Is this type of spiritual arrogance considered a sin?

[edit on 6-1-2008 by whaaa]

[edit on 6-1-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
This is the kind of talk that scares me. So RAA are you going to be an instrument of God when the culling starts. Are you so blessed that you can determine who is worthyor unworthy and cannot be allowed into the kingdom?

God help us from your followers!

Is this type of spiritual arrogance considered a sin?

Why does it scare you? It shouldn't. I've only spoken the truth. But I do understand that the truth does scare many people. The culling has already started and has been going on for some time now.

I'm blessed to be in service to Father - I've been asked to inform people of the truth and warn them of the coming wrath - but absolutely under no circumstances and I worthy of judging anyone at anytime - and I haven't. I've stated this several times in my posts. That right is for Father and Christ alone as only they can read a person's heart. Not me. I follow the teachings of Christ and take them to heart - especially Matthew 7:1 [ Do Not Judge ] "Do not judge, so that you won't be judged.

Another reason I don't judge is because I pray for those who walk in darkness on a daily basis, several times a day, and I hold out hope that when the time comes they will see the light. Father willing.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
I think there was a pope supposed to be the antichrist in the Renaissance, can't remember who off the top of my head.

Pope Alexander VI, Roderigo Borgia, was that evil pontiff's name!

His son was even worse, from what is remembered. And the daughter was Lucrezia Borgia.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join