It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul takes a lead in Iowa Caucus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Ron Paul takes a lead in Iowa Caucus

ronpaul2008.typepad.com

Thank you!
Yesterday was a remarkable day for Ron Paul, and it wouldn’t have happened without you. For those of you who haven’t yet heard, Ron Paul took over 10% in yesterday’s Iowa caucus, handily beating Rudy Giuliani and finishing right behind both Fred Thompson and John McCain. This despite that Rudy Giuliani made more visits to Iowa than Ron Paul. And, entrance polls showed that Ron Paul took first place (29%) among independent Republicans!
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I found out about this originally through my e-mail subscription to his site, which was automatic after I made a donation.

Finally it looks like Ron Paul is gaining some momentum. I even registered this year as a Republican so I could vote for him in the primaries, as well as donate some money to his campaign. We have the power to change America, and the catalyst is Ron Paul.

He is the only person I will vote for. Luckily I'll at least have a chance to in the primaries. If he does not make it down to the final two, then I will not vote for anyone at that point. I don't believe in voting for the lesser of two evils. I believe in making a difference in a way that works for this country and is morally ethical.

I'd like to see a show of hands from people who will be voting for Mr. Paul.

ronpaul2008.typepad.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1/5/2008 by pjslug]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Pretty nice spin.

Ron Paul finished a distant 5th with 10%. Giuliani didn't even campaign in Iowa for the most part.

Though RP makes the most sense of all the candidates, unfortunately his campaign won't go anywhere. IMO.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I will be voting for him, unfortunately in Indiana it doesnt make difference in the primaries we dont vote until may I believe. However I plan to head north to michigan and spread the word that is a Ron Paul revolution. I dont think it was spin, if he were as far behind as the polls and mainstream media have said he wouldnt have been in double digits above ghouliani. Who spent more time in Iowa then Ron Paul did, I am interested to see how the new hampshire primaries will turn out.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Wooop!!! Wooop!!! Mind Control Alert!!! Wake up sleepy heads!!!!Uh guys, gals...who says you get to vote anyway? Ya ever heard of the Diebold corperation? Or crooked election admin??You really believe you have a choice?? Give me a break.Its all a tag team wrestling match for your distraction till the gates slam shut on you. The TV will keep on playing, on and on till theres no electricity left, and no one to watch.
Soooo when your all growed up, you will realize that Murder Incorperated is going to win the election its real simple.
No you say???Its a Left- Right thing you scream!! Oh yea, the TV says you get to "rock the vote" ...I forgot.. EMPTV told me so.
Somebody is under mind control, and it ain't me. You better wake up to the fact that Only Occult black cloaked orders get to vote, you just get McDonaldland. Don't forget it, and Don't waste time. Forget all the TV garbage ,you better start realizing that civil war is on the way,and you better be ready.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by dntwastetime]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Do you not read the paper or do you just not care what it says?

Obama and Huckabee won the primaries in Iowa..unless there was a mass misprint.

apc

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
He doesn't have to win. He just has to make them afraid. It's obvious he's succeeded. Even if he doesn't win so much as a cracker jack prize, a lot of people have heard what he has said and nodded in agreement. Most of them will outlive the fools that called him an eccentric, a fantasy, or a nut job. Freedom will prevail. Don't tread on me.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
He doesn't have to win. He just has to make them afraid. It's obvious he's succeeded. Even if he doesn't win so much as a cracker jack prize, a lot of people have heard what he has said and nodded in agreement. Most of them will outlive the fools that called him an eccentric, a fantasy, or a nut job. Freedom will prevail. Don't tread on me.

I agree and 10% is respectable. If there was just a couple of percent shift he could have easily been in third.

I think with the 10% more people are going to be willing to vote for him.

With all that said he will not win, but if he gets enough votes then maybe the Republician party will take notice that changes need to be made.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Speaking of Obama, I love Paul and will vote for him, I dont know if i can vote for him in the primary; ive never voted in the local primaries for either party, only presidential elections. Does this mean I could show up at the Republican primary, whenever it is in VA, and just say, I want to register as republican so i can vote in this primary, heres my voter registration card/info ?

Is that what I do? Because I will, quickly. I see Paul bumper stickers 'round here. The republicans here tend to be moderate.

I just don't know who needs my vote more in the primary, Obama or Paul. Because I don't want Hillary to get the nomination at all costs, I feel it is more important to NOT have Hillary President than TO have Paul as President. That would be priority #2 for me. So when Obama took Iowa so powerfully, a white people state, I was ecstatic. Whites will vote for him!

So if the run up to the democratic primary shows Hillary leading my state, I'm afraid my duties as a leftist will be to vote Obama to keep her out.

But! If the Presidency was between Obama vs Paul, I just don't know what I'd do. Let's just say I'd be pasted to the information sources like glue to see their EXACT policy plans..

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

A distant fifth? 10% as compared to two guys (McCain and Thompson) who had 13%? Where'd you go to school. If you want to understand what really happened, go check out the county-by-county results. You'll get a far different impression.

Did he get as many votes as the 'front runners'? Of course not. he gets virtually no mention or 'face time' in the media compared to the others. Most people don't even know who he is.

Don't be so quick to count him out. The race hasn't even started. Most people are horribly ignorant when it comes to candidates. Few ever take the time to actually research what they're all about and make decisions based on superficial, second-hand information. Give it time. Give it time.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by jtma508]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Even if we have no choice anymore, which I tend to lean towards the fact that we dont. Are we supposed to just give up, roll over and show our bellys in submission? The one thing this whole Ron Paul revolution has done win or lose is wake some people up to the crap going on in this country. It is a step in the right direction, a peaceful revolution instead of civil war dntwastetime warns to be ready for. I would rather have peaceful revolution then bloody civil war.

He is scaring them, we are scaring the elite, they are witnessing a sleeping giant waking from a long slumber, and they see that their time is over and the power will go back to the people of this country. Be afraid little men, be very afraid you are done for, you will do your time for the injustice, for the blood on your hands that your pathetic greed and grab for power created.

Spawwwn you are right the thread is a little misleading, maybe paul gains ground in Iowa, or paul beats the ghoul in Iowa would have been better.

apc

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
Does this mean I could show up at the Republican primary, whenever it is in VA, and just say, I want to register as republican so i can vote in this primary, heres my voter registration card/info ?

Is that what I do? Because I will, quickly. I see Paul bumper stickers 'round here. The republicans here tend to be moderate.

Call your electorate and confirm as there's been a lot of fuss lately in Virginia, but I believe you're an open primary state. So that would mean you can vote in whichever primary you want, regardless of party affiliation, but only in one. I'm seeing several court battles recently over it though, so check with your local officials to confirm. If I'm incorrect, then you'll have to vote in the primary for the party with which you are affiliated, and will have to register with that party by a certain deadline.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by apc]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The title of the thread says Ron Paul takes lead in Iowa Caucus. Am I missing something? He finished 5th, correct? How is that a lead?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Gunner, I like alot of what you are saying, its not that surface simple though. Big Money Evil erases your words. What are you going to do when Ron Paul gets booted by Bilderberg off the ballot?I mean for the love of Mike, the man raised 20 million dollars in a day, and yascrew totally ignores him!!!!!!!! This is a REAL serious situation here! We are talking about a diabolical process in the final stages!
Have you ever been to a third world country? Do you know what murder and true poverty looks like? War? Total control?Have you ever left the 50 mile radius that composes your day to day movements? I have been All the way around the whole ball. I know what is on the way for the US. Each passing second you direct your attention to that circus maximus playing on the boob tube,or your fast asleep in your cozy warm bed, tunnels are being drilled below your feet,they never stop. The forces creating your destruction move on, and on, closer to your mind, to your world, hoping each second the media war front has complete lockdown on your soul. No disrespect to Ron, his opponents run the tv, and the internet he is campaining on, how long will they allow this to go on?? Cant you see the sick looks in there eyes(besides ron)They are dark demons inside I see that so clear.I almost expect a snake tounge to slither out of some of there mouths.Pure Evil my friends, soon to be your new puppet president devil for 8 years. And the murder they will cause.The deaths they will comit on there own soul karma.Wow what a commitment to make with evil. A total marrige. Disgusting
It appears to me Ron Paul's time could almost be over, thats reality hitting hard. I would definetly worry about when they come to your door. Worry about connecting with your neighbors, and not locking your door hiding under your bed each night. I believe in his message and I agree he has effect, but unfortunatly it is far too late imo, the control is very close, if not totally complete over the US mass hive mind. Besides all that, I never said one word about giving up. When since the death of JFK has voting done a damn thing to change the US? It looks like the voting went wrong somewhere
Let me challenge your thinking... Do you think this is a new thing going on here? You think just because you are in high school and become aware of politics that this all just started going down hill? Reality my friend is what you need to become awakened to. Diebold in Canton Ohio decides the president, Not your little "vote". This plan has been in the works since the time of Ceasar.Do you think the global domination game just started when you showed up here? Look ,I am not trying to sound harsh. NWO is going to win in 2008 its simple.Because people think they get to vote. Only divine intervention can save this planet. Saturns black cube will envelope the world within its guts forever. Point is..They got the guns we don't its real crystal clear. Each, and every American (Outside of ATS of course
)is completely responsible for its loss as well, for being so hopelessly mind controlled.
Talk all you want, there is some big time doo on the way, and we are all on the menu. The lights will stop once its too late. Satans face will appear on that dam tv box at the end of the last days transmission you watch.
Unfortunatly they want war, and death. Stopping it is possible, but I, and others here do not see alot of time left,so don't waste it.
Lets hope I can eat my words if Paul gets there.

Thats all I have to say about this.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by dntwastetime]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Ok first off, I am far from high school, secondly I am well prepared to do whatever necessary to keep myself and my family alive if and when these things happen. However for now, I am going to continue doing what I can to wake people up. If you wish to live in thoughts of spilling blood and fighting some unseen enemy below the earth, go ahead. But dont tell me I am wasting time, I am doing what I need to do, and you are doing what you need to do. Not that I am discrediting what you are saying, it is possible, but for now I am going to focus on what I can do peacefully. I agree with the fact that we dont have a voice anymore, but I think we can still wake people up, and I would rather believe a fantasy of that then live the nightmare of civil war.

If they want war and death then I will abandon the hope of peace and pick up my firearm and march to the beat of the war drum. I am not afraid to fight, and I am not afraid to die if it means my children would live the wonderful life I have had so far.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by gunner36]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Unfortunately for most of mankind in the flesh, it has to be this way.

It has to be this way so that man will know once and for all that his salvation rests with God, and only in Him. You are right, dntwastetime, in that only divine intervention can save us. Men like Ron Paul and yourself are prophets, and you're again correct in that he, and very possibly you too, are deeply hated by murder incorporated.

The devil knows he is running out of time, and he is gearing up to go all out to capture as many souls as possible before the return of the Messiah.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'm voting Ron Paul all the way. I'm trying to get my family to also. But some of them don't vote. My grandparents wants to vote Democrat, because they say the Republicans are for the rich and democrats for the poor. But I think Ron Paul is the choice for this election Republican, Democrat, or Independent, it doesn't matter. Ron Paul is our future.

I'm sick of hearing about this New World Order crap. We are the people, and if enough people support him, we can walk up to Washington and demand him as the next president. What would the government do if all the citizens of the us walked into the White House?

We need to rise up. Now! Not sit on our lazy asses all day, waiting for a change. We need to do more than vote. Satan won't exist unless you allow him to. It's all in your minds to unlock the power, to make a change for the greater cause.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep
The title of the thread says Ron Paul takes lead in Iowa Caucus. Am I missing something? He finished 5th, correct? How is that a lead?

exactly what i'm thinking

Keep spinnin' guys

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Anyone that doesn't like Ron Paul must be ok with the status quo and if your ok with that considering all the trouble the world then you are either in denial or in support of endless wars, false flag ops, puppet governments, cia torture, god i could go on and on the world is being run by Evil people!

We need somebody good for once not an elite, CFR member, or a mason. All those groups are done in my book and in 10 years if we are still all here those groups will be so despised they will be ashamed of their associations.

In just 6 years all the secrets that governments use to destroy economies and consolidate power have been exposed and once a person is a awake you can't put them back to sleep so its just a matter of time until the good win. Its inevitable. Evil has had supremacy for some time now and the jig is up.

So all the secret societies(33 degree masons), private equity firms(carlyle Group and international study groups(Bilderberg,cfr) better abandon the cause fast before the revolution goes beyond Ron Paul and becomes mainstream.

Once its mainstream your children won't want to join what you were in they will be ashamed they will want to be better and they will rebel.

Ron Paul is just the beginning he doesn't even have to win anything he gets rating now when he is on TV viewership explodes so even if he drops out he will still be asked back again and again for insight so NWO your days are numbered.

Here is Ron Paul best interview it was done day after Iowa by Bill Moyers
Ron Paul on Bill Moyers

[edit on 5-1-2008 by Beefcake]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Look who surprised Fox. This is just the beginning, folks. Sorry to say, this country needs something like this to happen. And why not?

Straw Poll Results

top topics

<<   2 >>

join