It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan does U turn on Bhutto's death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Pakistan does U turn on Bhutto's death

www.hindustantimes.com

In a dramatic U-turn, Pakistan government has "apologised" for claiming that former premier Benazir Bhutto died of a skull fracture after hitting the sunroof of her car during a suicide attack.

Caretaker Interior Minister Hamid Nawaz Khan has asked the media and people to "forgive and ignore" comments made by his ministry's spokesman Javed Iqbal Cheema which were slammed by her Pakistan People's Party as "lies" and led to an uproar at home and abroad
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-1-2008 by seawolf197]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I knew after the video of the shooting they would have some explaining to do. Do Governments have the power to put out an official story, and then go: "Oops, just ignore that." I guess they do.

www.hindustantimes.com

Edit to clean up wrong link sorry.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
It seems that the new age idea in politics and government is to put out so much information, most of it contradicting other information, that the waters get muddied beyond the chance of finding truth.

This is the same tactic employed in the Alternative science fields. It happens from the "truth movement" to the "disclosure movement", and it works every time. Sow complete and utter confusion.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
After looking at this for a while, I've pretty much concluded a few things...

1 : The attack was not carried out by Al-Qaeda.
2 : The shooter had no knowledge of the bomb.
3 : The bomb was not actually carried, but planted.

It is my assumption so far that the assassin (shooter) intended to kill Bhutto, and suffer the consequences... possibly under the assumption that Musharraf would issue a pardon, or find some way to have the assassin "disappear".

The Musharraf agents responsible for the attack planted the bomb to both make it look like a terrorist bombing, and to eliminate the assassin to ensure he does not blow their cover. If the bomb fails to kill the assassin, it will at least provide enough confusion to allow the assassin to duck out, or hide the gun... or enough confusion that people believe there was no shooter.

The point of having the shooter is to ensure the job was done. Bombs are certainly devastating, but they have a habit of not always killing the intended target... especially if the target is mobile or has something between it and the bomb.

This is of course a theory, however, all evidence points away from all presented alternatives at this point.

[edit on 1-1-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
C'mon this lady was corrupt as heck and everyone keeps blaming Musharrif for doing it....She stepped down from being PM once for corruption and put herself in exile...lol just because she went to harvard and hung out with Hillary doesnt make her an automatic saint....Musharrif had nothing to gain from killing her.....Other than headaches...Afterall he pardoned her in the first place under US pressure to be able to come into Pakistan and campaign....This woman had alot of enemies...

Do some home work on her some interesting stories the media is balcking out.....Like the rumors of Bhutto offing her brother when he was running against her in an election (he miysteriously died in a plane crash) also check out the deal on the Swedes keeping her bank account under lock and key from her after finding her guilty of corruption...Also west asian fighter plane deal her hubby went to prison for 5 years for....Give me a break this lady was worse than Genghis Khan....

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
It seems that high ranking, intelligent women are often the target of low ranking unintelligent men. It can be dangerous just to be a woman and surely the light has gone out in Pakistan.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel 1

Hey, she's not placing the country into a military lock down... whatever she did, it's nothing compared to this wannabe dictator Musharraf.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Hmm lets see he placed a military lock down the first time because of the terrorists that tried to kill her the first time...Now he is "thinking" about it because of all the disinformation out there by the media and terrorists that are trieing to blame him for this ladies death...

And besides maybe they need a dictator to control them it isnt like we have it here these people half of them do not even know what democracy is ...they are in the stone ages...As another poster stated she was a woman to them she had no business even being in power according to their beliefs.......Show me where that happens in a democracy.....

My son is in Iraq and they even had rumors floating around while she was alive that if she got into power in Pak....There would of been people ready to kill her.....That region of the world has different beliefs than ours and people in the USA just do not fathom it......Because our lives are so much different....

[edit on 1-1-2008 by Sentinel 1]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Bhutto was a crooked politician making another play for power and some one took her out.

I'm having a terrible time in my soul with this one. I'm serious. Usually I can see things and make up my mind one way or the other. This time is different.

She was a life long politician and had no ones interest at heart but her own. Things would not have gotten better had she been elected. While in office before she was the most outspoken defender of the Taliban. She would have enriched herself and her own while the people still suffered. Thats what politicians do, ALL of them.

Still, No one should have to die like that.

As I've confessed, her death seriously confuses my soul. I will think on this for a very long time.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
After looking at this for a while, I've pretty much concluded a few things...

1 : The attack was not carried out by Al-Qaeda.
2 : The shooter had no knowledge of the bomb.
3 : The bomb was not actually carried, but planted.

I'm starting to think you are right. The article mentions two killers, but did they know each other?

I'm still left with my orignial questions that I posted on the other threads.

Why lie about it being a shooting in the first place. Now they say: "Please forgive and ignore". "We are just soldiers, and can't articulate?" Huh? Anybody buying that?

Is it that hard to tell if someone is shot? We have eyewitness's, and video, but they still won't admit she was shot.

Someone please figure this out. Who's to gain from lying about being shot? Thank you in advance.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Here is a cnn link to the same story.

Ministry backtracks on Bhutto sunroof claims

And here is another article that said she was about to release information about rigging the election to the US just before she was killed.

Sources: Bhutto was to give U.S. lawmakers vote-rigging report

Originally posted by mrwupy
While in office before she was the most outspoken defender of the Taliban.

Not that I am defending her, but in a recent interview she said that supporting the Taliban was her biggest mistake. She may have just said that to get support of the US. You're right though, she should not have been assassinated. It has only made matters worse.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I fully agree she shouldnt of died like this but to replace mourning with blame by pointing the fingers at Musharrif isnt right either....This lady had much bigger and more crazy enemies than Musharrif....Her support wasnt like the US media is triieng to proclaim...But what do you expect.....

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sentinel 1
I fully agree she shouldnt of died like this but to replace mourning with blame by pointing the fingers at Musharrif isnt right either....This lady had much bigger and more crazy enemies than Musharrif....Her support wasnt like the US media is triieng to proclaim...But what do you expect.....

Sentinel 1, can you please elaborate? Who is pointing the fingers at Musharrif? I have yet to read that.

As a personal observation, all I have read so far is:

Pakistani Goverment failed to grant the request for more security.

Pakistani Government gives an official statement of cause of death.

Pakistani Government does U turn after seeing video's that contradict thier offical story of cause of death.

Thier new official story is: "Please forgive, and ignore" our first story. However, I have not read where anyone has pointed their finger at Musharrif. All I know is the Pakistani Government looks pretty stupid. Remind you of any other Government?

Edit to add: Pakistani Government has still not offically said she was actually shot.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
business.theage.com.au...

That one shouldn't speak ill of the dead is conventional wisdom but conventional wisdom usually turns out to be an oxymoron. And so the dead Benazir Bhutto is now the "former prime minister of Pakistan" rather than "the fugitive facing corruption investigations in Spain, Britain and Switzerland" that she was a fortnight ago.

she isn`t the saviour that people want her to be - she was facing international corruption probe into a vast array of illegal activities.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin and also Sentinel 1

I believe the charges were trumped up. Her enemies were so threatened by her, the only way to hit back at her is to tar her with the very brush they themselves are guilty of. Are you aware of this news story for instance?

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by seawolf197
I knew after the video of the shooting they would have some explaining to do. Do Governments have the power to put out an official story, and then go: "Oops, just ignore that." I guess they do.

www.hindustantimes.com

Edit to clean up wrong link sorry.

Worked for the JFK hit, been working ever since.

With JFK they have had nearly fifty years waiting to have to go OOPS but they tamed the MSM so well, infiltrated it so far and mind controlled the populace and scared them so efficiently that it is unlikely judgment day will come.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Swiss drop charges against Bhutto. Heard it on faux news the other day. She was setup. Now for Mr 10%, thats a different story that continues.

A three-year investigation into allegations that Ms Bhutto used Swiss banks to launder millions of dollars in kickbacks has been closed, her lawyer Alec Reymond said.

The story......

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
It seems that the new age idea in politics and government is to put out so much information, most of it contradicting other information, that the waters get muddied beyond the chance of finding truth.

This is the same tactic employed in the Alternative science fields. It happens from the "truth movement" to the "disclosure movement", and it works every time. Sow complete and utter confusion.

Right on the nose, my friend. Look forward to seeing this tactic of confusion with every major event that will happen this year. Those of us who can, should point this out as much as possible to other people.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by WorldShadow
Swiss drop charges against Bhutto. Heard it on faux news the other day. She was setup. Now for Mr 10%, thats a different story that continues.

A three-year investigation into allegations that Ms Bhutto used Swiss banks to launder millions of dollars in kickbacks has been closed, her lawyer Alec Reymond said.

The story......

Well of course they dropped the charges on her she is dead....

But what about France and western Asia....Her hubby was sentenced to 5 years in the poky on kick back charges with fighter plane deals last I heard...You can google it and find the info..I am sure...

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by seawolf197

Sentinel 1, can you please elaborate? Who is pointing the fingers at Musharrif? I have yet to read that.

Aww that was from a reply to johnsky's theory above....

The Musharraf agents responsible for the attack planted the bomb to both make it look like a terrorist bombing, and to eliminate the assassin to ensure he does not blow their cover. If the bomb fails to kill the assassin, it will at least provide enough confusion to allow the assassin to duck out, or hide the gun... or enough confusion that people believe there was no shooter.

I just forgot the reply button.....

But as far as the MM news I have seen many references by her supporter's and also Hillary made a statement and hinted toward blaming Musharrif aswell.......

top topics

<<   2 >>

join