It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Armenians so rude?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Ok, I live next to a town that has a large number of armenians living in it, I have to deal with them in traffic all the time and they are the worst most rude drivers I have ever delt with. They drive like their running from something, they always cut people off, they tailgate people that are driving the speed limit, and its normal for them to go on the wrong side of the road to pass somebody. They love parking on the wrong side of the street. What is their problem? I dont hate them I just wanna know more about them, in all my encounters with them they are rude, talk loud, act as if their all in the mafia, they feel they have to do five minute burn outs every time they leave. They always wear the same addidas sweat suits. They all act as if their above me. My only explanation is that their from a poor country where they had nothing, they move to america and get all this freedom and cool stuff, and they think all of a sudden that their cool cause they now have stuff they never had before. Please any armenians on this site give my some insight into your wannabe mafia world, and please stop doing burnouts in your daddy bought bmw outside my house at 3am because you dont work and can be out that late. Oh and stop doing 60mph up my hill, we got kids playing outside. Thanks

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This is the funniest thing I have read in a while. I have to ask: Is the name of the town, Watertown? I won't say the state if you don't want....but my first wife is from there. She was living there when we met and moved back when we split.

Besides everything you said, the women tend to be large or get large and many prefer not to use deoderant. This can be most unpleasant especially when there are a lot of them in a small closed-in space.

I think alot of the superior behavior does stem from where they come from. My first was born in Beirut, Lebanon and life there was pretty bad until they left in the mid 80s....

Many of the Armenians fled Armenia in or around 1915 when they were being slaughtered by the Turks. They fled to Lebanon, Iran and other countries in the middle east.

Many of the older men are in the jewelry business and do have some money so the kids do get a bit of an attitude and do get things like BMWs and Mercedes for graduation presents and so forth......

As far as the mafia......some are involved in organized crime.

Many of them own gas stations and they LOVE to own multi-family houses. Getting rental income is like hitting the big time!!

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I just wanted you to know i'm here laughing my butt off. No deodorant huh? That brings to mind a group of certain people who come into my work and i can smell them even if i'm at the other end of the store. I think its something coming out of their pores, or their diet.

I think that even though people come here and become successful, at the back of their minds is the thought that they are not welcome and descriminated against. I remember going shopping with my mom and her kicking my foot if i said anything in Spanish. I'd then knew to speak only English.
Descrimination is alive and well, and i have an advantage, i dont look very Spanish at all and just have a little accent, but my name does give me away. I've had people be very friendly to me at a new job and when they ask me where i'm from and i tell them, that's the end of the friendship. AND i've been HERE most of my life. I'm happy to report i have no excessive hair and no odor, thank youverymuch.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Hey DG...always a pleasure.

The Armenians from Watertown, MA are a strange lot. Most of them do not consider themselves Americans and that really pisses me off about them. They consider themselves Armenians living in America.

Alot different from my father's father who came over here from Italy and immediately considered himself am American as soon as he set foot on Ellis Island (or when he was allowed to stay in the country). He never really learned to speak English but he still considered himself an American and fought in the first World War.

Oh and note: most of the women also have a habit of not bathing/showering every day. So that combined with the lack of deoderant use can truly get funky. Go to an Armenian function and hang out on the dance floor......WOO HOO!!

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
He he he..

I've only driven thru Watertown, so i havent had the pleasure

You are right about people living here and considering themselves from over there>>>. They dont learn the language either because they dont care to. :shk: I say if you come here you should speak our language, its only common sense if you want to fit in and be amongst us. A certain tabacco store in Hyannis is owned by foreigners (not saying which ones) and they look down at people...I'm trying to train them though, i waltz in there and knowing how unfriendly they are, i go out of my way to be friendly and funny with them and now they give me samples of their brand of cigarrettes.
I guess they have to be won over? I dont know why the attitude, except for thinking we're against them.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I dont know why the attitude, except for thinking we're against them.

Globalization.

Worldwide, humanity's culture is starting to become more homogeneous, what with Hollywood and the rest of the Western Media Machinery pushing American culture worldwide. At the same time, there are more people living closer together in urban environments. Nobody seems special any more. Result -- people try to stand out. Try to be different, have that extra something that sets them apart.

It's the same reason people do strange things like have 2,673 different piercings, adopt an emo dress-code and all those other weird things people with an identity crisis do. Nobody wants to be just another blip or gap-filler in a world that is increasingly similar.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Watertown is where one of my Company's Call centers are...and it is the call center with the most complaints from customers. Rudeness, Bad English, incompetence. LOL this is too funny.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
You know I have to tell you that your neighbors sound very much like mine! Do they all drive 'black' cars? Do they bring you cinnamon rolls at Christmas that are hard even after you dunk them? Do they casterate young cattle within ear shot of your home? Are they always spreding turkey manure the day before your big 4th of July celebrations? Do they drive 65 miles perhour past your house while the kids are in the yard? On a dirt road at that... Do they have parties where hundreds of cars drive by all day long coming and going? Do they train their children to stare at you as they can see you dancing in the eternal fires of damnation? And train them also to speak only dutch in your presence? Well, I have Mennite neighbors and thats the deal with them.
P.S. I love my neighbors reguardless of their wild life styles...

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tac109

I live in what many people call a "redneck, whitebred" town and everyone here tailgates my butt when I am even going over the speed limit, cuts people off, drives like they are always in a hurry and their time is more precious than mine. So it's not just Armenians.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

Oh and note: most of the women also have a habit of not bathing/showering every day. So that combined with the lack of deoderant use can truly get funky. Go to an Armenian function and hang out on the dance floor......WOO HOO!!

You sound like a man of experience E_B.

But other than the funkiness, do they have other redeeming qualities perhaps. Are they generous, know what I mean? ay,

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Are they generous, know what I mean? ay,

They are generous in terms of their size. They eat generous portions of food. My first wife gained about 50 lbs. from the wedding to the day we were separated and she was only 5'3"......

I ended up losing weight because I was getting grossed out watching her eat. Typical dinner out: she eats all the bread and says, "Oh, do you want more bread?" I say, "I didn't have ANY bread." So, of course, we get more bread for "me" and she eats half of the second batch. Two appetizers mostly for her and then a huge meal followed by dessert whether she was ready to vomit from over-consumption or not!!

We didn't separate because of her weight (I don't want y'all to think I'm shallow). But, she was a cow by the time we divorced. The divorce was her idea.....THANK GOD!!

The Armenians are into sport (mostly soccer or as the rest of the world calls it "futbol"). She was a bit of a goer as were most of her friends. Horny bunch they were....and candids? WO!!

Oh...and the men are into kissing each other. I never got used to that. I'm not touchy feely and certainly not the type to get used to kissing men on a regular basis even if it was just on both cheeks. For them, it was rude, by the way, to kiss another man's wife but not strange to kiss every man in the room?? You see, they were a jealous lot and if you kissed someone else's wife, you might be flirting. You might be hoping she's a goer! Of course, all the Armenian men are into cheating on thier wives. I guess you just can't cheat with a friend's wife.

Just before the wedding, my father-in-law to be informed me that cheating was okay and that it even said so in the Bible. He was an extreme cheater and was divorced from my mother-in-law to be mostly for that reason. He was an ass......

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
E_B, thank you so much for that look into another culture. Anthropological studies into ethnology are such fun and life enhancing.
Now here are some Armenians that I think really deserve some scrutinity.

As most of you know; if it's not the blues it's all just zippy te do dah to me.
But I really like this music.

These guys seem like perfectly nice lads,

perhaps SOAD could join us and give us even more insight into the Armenian world.

[edit on 31-12-2007 by whaaa]

[edit on 31-12-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Other famous Armenians:

Cher. Say what you want about her....she looks good here.

Andrea Martin....portraying Edith Prickley of SCTV fame....

William Saroyan....author (currently deceased).

That's all I've got.......

[edit on 31-12-2007 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Wow,
, so it's kosher to make fun of Armenians?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Actually Speaker It's Kosher to make fun of anyone you want to as long as it's done in the spirit of fun and love.

We be all God's chillin.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'm very close with an Armenian family and they show nothing but kindness and respect to me. asking the question "why are armenians so rude?" is a bit ignorant. why is ANYBODY rude?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

correction to the topic
most americans dont have taste in women.
hence u mate

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I'm American and I've tasted plenty of women. The nearest I can describe it is a cross between buttered popcorn and a grilled cheese sandwich. Salty.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Salty.

Right that. And, the sweatier the saltier they get!

correction to the topic
most americans dont have taste in women.

Ah HA HA HA! This Brit sure has taste in women....

That Camilla sure is a looker. I am especially fond of her teeth. Many believe Charles is gay and Camilla his fag hag. I believe I've seen a thread on that topic....

Seriously....Chuck had Diana and hadn't a clue what to do with her. Such a poofter. I believe his name is actually "Nancy" on his birth certificate.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
If I met a friend of a friend who was armenian, I would have no problem getting to know him and becoming friends, I have friends who are asian,black,white,hispanic, I even have a friend who is middle eastern (allthough I make fun of him all the time), So you could say the door is open for friendship but I have never gotten that chance. Oh and I stopped holding doors open for armenians aswell because they never say thankyou, they just look at me like its expected of me.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join