It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America wide open for invasion: NO air defence..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
They are pretty much admitting it here..hundreds of F15's ground over fleet wide structural defects (how these have only appeared NOW after thousands of hours & years of flight tests is beyond me..)
news.yahoo.com...

So basically whats left? With a lot of jets oversea's we're most likely wide open to attack from 'up there'

Unless they start putting Amraam's on Cessna's this is worrying..

[edit on 26-12-2007 by atsguy_106]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Don't worry man, us Canadians have you covered! At least in Alaska...with our helicopters that keep dropping out of the sky whenever we use them. But don't worry, between the Canadian Air Force and the Californian National guard we can ensure that in the event of an invasion at least two states will survive longer then rest. The United States of Alaska and California has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
haha I dont mind that all, better than the united states of Mexico..

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Why does this concern you? You arent even an American. I assume because you spell the word as defence. Here in America we spell it defense.

Let us Americans worry about it. We all seen on 9/11 how strong our air defenses worked. In a perfect world hundreds of anti air missile batteries would cover every square mile of the coast, etc. On 9/11 I think it took them quite a long time to even get a few fighter jets to the places they needed to be. In other words this is nothing new.

Our first problem is our centralized army. They are a bunch of incompetants. Bring back power to the States and the militia. I bet our national defense would be ALOT more organized if each State worked together and had their own army. Imagine all the simulated wargames of State versus State. That would whip our tactics and strategies into shape. Instead our army is centralized, spread out, and im sure our full potential is being lost.

I just posted because I HATE when people spell the word defense as defence. Unless youre British you DO NOT SPELL IT AS DEFENCE.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would want to make this known to the general public? Or will this make a great scapegoat for the next attack on U.S. soil in the near future? That's not something you want your enemies to know.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImplementOfWar

I just posted because I HATE when people spell the word defense as defence. Unless youre British or Canadian or Australian or South African or an EU citizen (450M+) or Indian (1 billion+) you DO NOT SPELL IT AS DEFENCE.

Fixed for you.

Next you'll be trying to tell me that the commonly reported aliens are "Grays" and not Greys

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
nothing will get through into the U.S. unless it's meant
to get through......excluding of course ets.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
If you look at our capabilities, if it were for the protection of the American citizens or as the y now call us American people, the air defense would be very strong. I see military air vehicles all the time and I live way out in the middle of nowhere. The National guard is a strong presence, and our abilities should never be underestimated.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
The National guard is a strong presence, and our abilities should never be underestimated.

Yes one should always remember they will kill you, your family, your neighbors, and your community if ordered to by the President. Without question, they will just do it.

Look at Americas awful air defense, on Christmas eve Norad tracked an imaginary Fat man and his twleve reindeer, but can't do diddly about drug cargos, arm shipments, and planes that crash into their own headquarters.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by Legalizer]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
There is a fundamental flaw in the argument: The F15 is an air superiority fighter.

SAM sites are for defense and luckily, they cant be grounded.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImplementOfWar
In a perfect world hundreds of anti air missile batteries would cover every square mile of the coast, etc.

In a perfect world, we wouldn't need any missiles at all. They're tools for provocation and death.

Imagine all the simulated wargames of State versus State. That would whip our tactics and strategies into shape. Instead our army is centralized, spread out, and im sure our full potential is being lost

In a perfect world, the only wargames we would need to play would be with dice, miniatures and tokens on large tabletops.

I don't understand why some people have an agenda for pushing war?

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
So who exactly is it that we're expecting to invade the USA this week? And where exactly are they amassing their - presumably - invisible army?

Unless, of course, it's going to be a combined Commonwealth attack? The British Navy rowing boat and a couple of 30 year old Harriers make a lightning attack on Massachusetts inflicting nearly $6 of damage, before joining forces with a couple of Mounties currently bearing down on your northern border, whilst the Jamaican Bobsleigh Team infilitrate from the south?

(That's British sarcasm btw before anyone complains about me insulting our armed forces
)

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Pfff, you hardly need to amass troops. Just imagine what a precision strike against the US power supply could do. The direct damage is negligable, but additional cost of the country being without power hopefully for weeks would be immense. Then take into account entire cities going into panic with looting and so on.

Then of course the only problem would be 10,000 nuclear warheads being aimed in your general direction.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Topic already exists in Aircraft Projects

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please contribute to the preceding thread.

Starting a thread in Fragile Earth about how all these grounded planes will help to lessen climate change will also be closed.

top topics

join