It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spetsnaz.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I'm trying to find out more about the Spetsnaz...
I've done some research like here
but the main rumour I am trying to verify is that if you delay the squadron whilst in active duty in the field (e.g. broken leg, hesitation etc) you are given a lethal injection...

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
actually i m respect the spetsnaz force but some how their failure in the operation of afghanistan some decade ago that make their famoustria run down.but this FIGHTING FORCES still rule their line until today anyway

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I really respect the spetsnaz, their training is so intensive and beyond any other in the world...
And the fact they have like 10,000+ members is impressive

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Yep Spetsnaz are one tough force but leathal injections in the field if you break a leg!!
Sure they might leave a gun for you to top yourself but killing you seem just a bit too brutal.
Not dismissing the possiblaty it's true though

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I'm sure I read it in the topic in this forum discussing whose Special Forces are the best... though, like I said, unverified claim

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Trooper from some spetsnaz CT unit..
maybe Vympel or Alpha, rifle is AS VAL..
this is the kind of weapon that SOCOM only dreams about..
9 x 39mm, silenced and is reliable and has good armor piercing capability..

More conventional type of spetsnaz.. Vladivostok OMON in Chechnya.. the wall behind tehm reads Alluha akbar, well thats arguable as spetsnaz is taking its group photos in front of it..

Spetsnaz really isnt any single unit..

But is a word used to describe all Special purpose units (this is the actual meaning of the word spetsnaz..) within Russian police and armed forces..

--

Stroming The Palace of Aman, By RedRussian:

The Palace of Aman was built on a significanly elevated area. This provided a very good all around view for the defending
personell. It was three story's high, and had very thick and stirdy walls. Most of the teams weapons could not fully
penetrate the walls. Entry into the palace consisted of one road, which was under constant obvservation by palace gaurds.
There were roughly 2000 palace gaurds (Under normal conditions) whose barracks were located on the
third story of the building. On December 27th there 200 gaurds gaurding the palace.
They were equipped heavily with 11 tanks (2 of them dug in palace entry), and with large amount of small arms.
What made the operation even more hazardous was that there was the Afghanistan Army HQ (with its own soldiers)
and a small air defense system consisting of AAA.
In addition, about 550 meters from the palace, there was a building containing a regiment of police.

The assaulting Alfa soldiers were divided into two seperate groups.
Grom (thunder): Grom had 25 men, 2 ZSU-23-4 (Shilka), 6 BTR-60's, and 6 BMP-1's.
Zenit: Zenit had 24 men (of KGB origin).
A supporting batallion of muslim origin provided cover for the assault and consisted of conscripted soldiers.
Also a small team 'Carandoy' participated. They consisted of Grom, Zenit and VDV (airborne units) personell.
A support group of 2 'Grom' soldiers and a platoon of vDV paratroops.

An explosion at a signal center in Kabul initiated the assault. Shilka's then opened fire at the palace (In Afghanistan,
many Shilka's were modified to fire upon ground objects. Their radars were removed, and different optical intruments
installed. They were very effective, particularly in the mountains due to their high elevation of turret).
'Grom's' BMP's started to move against the palace, and 'Zenit's' personell moved towards the palace using a footladder.

In order to prevent reinforcement from helping the palace, and to prevent the palace gaurds from escaping,
the Muslim support battalion fired upon the palace and incoming people with 2 Shilka's. This provided lots of support
fire due to its high cyclic rate, and large calibre ammunition. 'Carandoy's' team captured the Ministry of Foreign
Business in Kabul. The support groups of 2 'Grom' soldiers and VDV paratroops captured Afghanistan's Air Force Staff.
Four men of 'Grom' and 'Zenit' used the two tanks in front of the palace to capture the police station nearby.

In the first two minutes the BTR's and BMP's advance was under heavy fire from assault rifles and machine guns,
and antitank rocket fire. This resulted in 1 BTR destroyed and a heavily damaged BMP
(which had to be abandoned due to the extenet of it damage). This resulted in 13 of 'Grom's' soldiers being wounded.
Despite these losses, overwhelming fire by the Alfa teams killed many palace gaurds and they were able to enter the palace.
The Alfa soldier encountered a lot of resistance as they were going up stairs. Grendades and assault rifle fire were being
used against them. Alfa used their grenades and automatic fire to eliminate opposing Afghan forces.
On the second story, Alfa used grenades to clear each room. One of the grenades exploded in a study room where Amin
had been, instantly killing him. Fighting continued for a while, but eventually and quickly stopped. Alfa had taken the
palace and was now setting up defences.

Though the assault was successful, most of the assault personnel had been injured, some seriously. Wounds varried from
direct bullet wounds to shrapnel from grenades. 5 Alfa soldiers were killed in addition to the wounded.
In the morning, a parachute division landed in Bagram City (at the airport). The storming of the palace was to be the
first combat action and the start of the war in Afghanistan with the Soviet forces.

--

And what becomes to the missions and success of spetsnaz in Afghanistan or in Chechnya in general..

They have always being highly succesful in both places..

Their enemies fear them..

As usually encounter with spetsnaz is fatal to the enemy..

And many dont usualy live to tell the tale of the battle..

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thanks Fulcrum, but anything about the lethal injection rumour?

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
That is just a rumor / propaganda..

They dont kill their comrades..

But if they must they might leave injured ones behind..

And to avoid capture the injured person might by his own choise take his own live, to prevent enemy from getting any intel about his group..

But what is true is this:

spetsnaz is under orders after interrigation to kill any POWs no matter what age / sex.. if behind enemylines..

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
rfforces.phpbbhost1.info... check this board out for pics/info,

btw heres a video of spetsnaz in action:

OMON in combat.. getting shot at.. killing a Chechen rebel armed with AK-74M that has PSO-1 and GP-30..
frapp.shef.ac.uk...

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by SectorGaza]

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectorGaza
rfforces.phpbbhost1.info... check this board out for pics/info,

btw heres a video of spetsnaz in action:

OMON in combat.. getting shot at.. killing a Chechen rebel armed with AK-74M that has PSO-1 and GP-30..
frapp.shef.ac.uk...

OMON in Chechnya, storming a building (save as)

And here are some pics of the vid:

Sniper!

Sniper shoots a VOG-25 rifle grenade, but good armor and soft ground saves..

About to roll couple of hand grenades..

Smoke after the grenades..

Storming the room in which the sniper hides.. with assistance of hand grenades..

Sniper is dead, and this is his weapon, AK-74M with PSO-1 scope and GP-25/30 grenade launcher..

Enjoy!

(The link posted by Gaza.. is somebody ripping this vid from me..)

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
And if you are interested in spetsnaz and their equipment..

The best place to visit i our forum..

Youll get the link from my signature..

Just click on the pic..

We have there another admin that has been in Chechnya..

(And is likely to 'visit' there again.. in this year.. he was wounded in action there previously.. shot to the knee..
)

And least two other members that have served in OMON..

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

there that good they proberly made the biggest fup in special forces history

[Edited on 9-2-2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Its not screw up, i was success.

You just dont understand anything.

Biggest security related screw up of all times?

The terrorists even learned to fly with your assistance.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
So the leading to killing loads of people with there own gas is a success your joking right its a success when the hostages don�t die at least

[Edited on 9-2-2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Success is when 600+ persons are rescued from building that is fully rigged with explosives and houses 50+ heavily armed terrorists that are holding hostages.

[Edited on 9-2-2004 by FULCRUM]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Success is when 600+ persons are rescued from building that is fully rigged with explosives and houses 50+ heavily armed terrorists that are holding hostages.

dont you mean (729) +50 heavily armed terrorists that are holding hostages would count as a success -129 hostages died - apparently killed by the very gas that was meant to save them not good in my eyes if they did't rush they could have saved them all but hey they did the best they could

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Yeah I have to agree, they blew it in that theatre in Moscow. A major embarassment around the world.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies, just saying sorry for not having replied, I've been away for a few days

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I dont think the theatre was a mess-up. you say 129 hostages died from the gas, but think about what would have happened if the Chechans were to have used the bomb? I saw a picture of it and it is one FAT bomb.
IMHO they were prepared to blow the bomb the second they heard gunfire.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The seals would of saved everyone in my opinion. If you ever saw SWAT or Seal training, one hostage major wounded is major failure. And 129 dead? heh, I say its a failure but what ever you guys think is right, is right!

<<   2  3 >>

join