It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufos - Projections?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I did a quick search and didn't find any threads similar to this, but if I missed one, I apologise. Mods feel free to move to the skunkworks if you deem it appropriate.

Firstly, I feel that I should give you all an idea of my current stance on aliens, so that you don't just dismiss me as some kind of lunatic/hoaxer.

I believe that there is life elsewhere in the universe, because of the sheer number of other planets out there and the fact that the only planet that we can conclusively say whether is has life of not is earth. We are on 100% life so far, so why would anyone assume that there is no life anywhere else.

I do not however believe that intelligent aliens visit earth to abduct/study/control us. I have seen nothing that would lead me to that conclusion and unfortunately im one of these annoying people that would need to see it to believe it.

Anyway, I am waffling on, as usual.
To the point. Im sure many of you have read DKs threads about the fake rapture/alien invasion type thing, with images being projected into the sky etc. Whilst I find it hard to believe DKs story, it got me thinking that maybe ufos are some kind of projector technology being tested out.

The vast majority of more credible ufo sightings, videos and pictures seem to be various shapes, sizes and colours of light blobs moving around, staying still, doing manoeuvres that defy the abilities of current aircraft and vanishing. If some kind of projection technology was being used, then it would explain all of these things. Projectors obviously project light, could be moved around, or held still and turning them off would result in the light vanishing.

Here is an account that helped get me thinking about this, from the police ufo site that someone started a thread about the other day.

151. Early 1992. Late Evening. Location: Hamworthy, Bournemouth, Dorset. An on duty uniform police officer, PC MALCOLM BRUNT, observed four beams of light coming down from low cloud. He described it as looking like a picture you could get from a projector. He said, β€œIt was in the distance towards Upton and I was very intrigued. I walked toward it to try and trace where it was coming from but it had gone. It was very puzzling. His report matched others from several members of the public.
UFO CLASSIFICATION – NL (NOCTURNAL LIGHT)
On Duty sighting. 1 Officer. Source – Irene Bott archive.
www.prufospolicedatabase.co.uk...

When I think that simply shining a torch through piece of filter paper in a strange shape can create a primitive sort of version of this, I feel that the technology to project shapes of light into the sky isn't really that much of a stretch to believe.

Well that is all I have to say for now I guess. I would like to hear what any of you think about the possibility of this, I am certainly more willing to believe it that alien craft. The technology would certainly revolutionize many areas of media and entertainment, if it was developed to more of a level than simply shapes of light in the sky, so I could definately envisage people trying to do it.

[edit on 11-12-2007 by mrmanuva]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
How do you explain radar signatures? Radar does not bounce off light. Something solid must be hit in order to reflect the signal.

www.burlingtonnews.net...

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I am merely offering a possible expalantion for the light type ufos, not all. The others could be black ops projects, secret aircraft, balloons, birds, you know all the usual explanations people give.

[edit on 11-12-2007 by mrmanuva]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmanuva

The others could be black ops projects, secret aircraft

Maybe some but not all. People just don't manufacture machines like that. UFOs have nothing in common with airplanes.

I understand your skeptical mood though...

check out this site

Also, many have described the R. Dolan book as very convincing read (if you are interested in the subject but very skeptical).

new topics

top topics

join