It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could there be underwater beings?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
If there were any intelligent life underwater it would most likely be some kind of octopus or other cephalopod. Octopus are very intelligent and are good problem solvers which makes them very near impossible to keep as pets because they are always escaping.

As for technology, if they have any is probably very limited, but probably resembles nothing like ours because they would have found other resources.

As for food, fish would be a main source of diet, and plants can grow at great depths in virtually no sunlight due to heat from volcanic vents which is sufficient to support a small colony living animals.

I would think that any intelligent species is probably unaware of us, just as we are unaware of them. Think of the pressures, just as you can not go to great pressures from low pressure, you also cannot go from great pressure to low pressure. So anything on the bottom of the ocean is likely stuck there.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   

would think that any intelligent species is probably unaware of us, just as we are unaware of them.

Our deep sea subs would be like UFOs to them

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrystal
I have been wondering if it is posible if there is intellegent life that lives underwater that has been there longer than us. what do you think?
I'm sorry if this sounds stupid...

Underwater? Hell yeah. That's where I would have hid if I lost my spaceship.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by Hamilton]

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hey, I just had a thought on this- If in fact, there is intelligent life in the depths of the ocean, maybe they'er not contacting us so much as they havn't discovered us. I mean, human's have been on this Earth for 2000 plus years and we havn't been down to the depths of the ocean, so what's to say that these creatures, if they exist, have been to the surface?

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrystal
I have been wondering if it is posible if there is intellegent life that lives underwater that has been there longer than us. what do you think?
I'm sorry if this sounds stupid...

Yes, they are called ....

Dolphins & Whales...

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Theres life under the sea, but im not sure if its intellegent....
Ever heard of spongebob?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I don't know if they are intelligent, but lok up gars.
oldest living thing in the ocean.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Ya, his name is Jabberjaw.

Damn, I really need to stop showing my age so often.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The Sumerians got their secrets of civilization and writing from a creature...

that emerged from the waters. It had the scale body of a fish, and a head of a fish, yet under that was the form and body of a man. He rose from the waters every day to bring us the teachings and secrets of his people, the Oannes, and each night he would return to his watery home, for the waters proected his kind from our 'heavy environment'.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I heard once a while back that they found "evidence" of a mermaid but I can't remember what they found

If you're thinking of the Fiji mermaid, it was a hoax by none other than PT Barnum.... Of course, they also claim that manatees are what early sailors mistook for mermaids (must have been some good rum....)

Still, there is NO evidence of them, so right now, I'd have to say NO on the seapeople.....despite Cartman's experience (obscure South Park reference...)

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
You never know some countries might have created human fish man
now i would pay good money to see that

right....i think on another planet we may come across sea people who live underwater, but as for earth i don't think sooo *unless we make one*

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
As far as living in the sea, I'll go with the dolphin & whale idea posted by intelgurl.

Yes, an advanced civilization could be down there without our knowledge because we don't have the ability to really look. The ocean is a natural camoflauge if someone wanted to hide there & had the technology to live there.

Until someone comes up with pictures or evidence though I'll stick with the dolphins & whales.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Sure there is a possibility of intelligent life in the ocean. Weather or not they are advanced I cannot say. But most of the earth is water and much of it is still unexplored. There are legends throughout history of intelligent aquatic beings so who knows if they truly exist or not.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
If there was something living deep in the ocean, it would have to be able to be able to withstand extreme pressure. If it came too close to the surface, it's internal pressure might make it pop.

I hope it's not big.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
www.oannes.com...

The bringers of civilization! Forget mermaids, forget Namor the Sub-Mariner...

Now, octopi are evil. Maybe it's because they resemble the image of Cthulu... or maybe it's because they have a totally alien blood makeup... or that they're smarter than cats.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
How would you define "intelligent life"

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
and all that water is heavy
is boayancy a factor?
Would a dead body "float" being under millions of pounds of water.
They just found the largest Squid they ever found right? a sick or dead one got speared and dragged into a fishin boat. (I gotta find that link again)
There cant just be one of those bad boys. I bet theres a $** load of them and a bunch of other jellylike creepy things.
They tried to collect these weird long jelly like creatures, they were like meters long...but as they brought them to the surface the creatures just kind of disintegrated into nothing and died. This was a documentary on PBS and freaked me out.
It was when that capsule was first invented that was able to goto a depth as never before.
Also, on a documentary about the "perfect storm", A swordboat cap said he sees crazy stuff he NEVER saw before on every trip he goes on..
Makes you wonder

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
There are fish. lol. But i dont think there was.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
mrehh

ok, I think this is a SWEET question.

I mean, think about it.

the earth WAS covered in water at one time.

Perhaps there might have been some kind of civilization?

CATFISH

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join