It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Passports, ID and Cash Seized from Illinois Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Now Held on $3 Million Dollar Bail

Sorry, if this has been posted already. I havn't found it here yet.

Officers were looking for weapons last week when they searched the home of Mohammad Afzal Sodagar.
What they found instead were hundreds of credit cards, 11 Illinois identification cards with Sodagar’s photos—but bearing other names—on them, at least 36 Social Security cards, gold coins and bars and more than $60,000 in cash, said a spokesman for the Cook County state’s attorney’s office.

Come on. This guy has been breaking the law for at least 30 years and the police are just now arresting him? Has he been working on his own all this time or is there more to the story than that? Is this just about being a petty thieve or is he supporting those who wish to harm us?

Has anyone found addtional stories of this arrest?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Sounds like my kinda guy. Or he just really didnt want anyone to know who he was.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
He obviously has a lot of information to offer. Where did the IDs and passports get created for starters? Where is the gold from? Lots of digging to do. Could be anything from a simple spy, terrorist supplier, or ID creator. It will be interesting to know if we ever get to hear more about this. I have a feeling this might be our last drop of info on this.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Very suspicious.

On the other hand....

If his name was John Smith, born and raised in Jersey. It probably wouldn't be mentioned.

Not saying the guy isn't a threat, just saying a look into any number of nefarious people would probably bring about the same discovery.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The Smoking Gun??? ------------

Investigation going international.

Sodagar, a founding board member of the Illinois Trade Council and a member of the advisory committee of the Illinois based All American Bank

Law enforcement sources close to the Cook County investigation told the Northeast Intelligence Network that the investigation is widening to an international level, and that “a number of other suspects associated with SODAGAR are under investigation, including his contacts in Pakistan.”

Fake image-oriented Bush cards found.

I give up. What are the "Bush cards"?

Good Background Informaiton on Sodagar.

This is posted on Chicago's Muslim Community Center. He was running for president there. Note that he was using a different name as well. Yes this is the guy who was busted.

Eye TV Blog

Okay, so he was a child super-star on Pakistan television. Does anyone want to add him to your "friend list"?

[edit on 7-12-2007 by Sanity Lost]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity Lost
Now Held on $3 Million Dollar Bail

Officers were looking for weapons last week when they searched the home of Mohammad Afzal Sodagar.

he must be being held on criminal charges instead of 'terrorist' charges
(at least for now)
because i do notthink that a potential militant terrorist would be given Any Bail to gain a release..that's what Patriot Acts and the recent 'Thought Crime' bills are made to remedy
[i.e. get them off the streets and in custody for an indeterminate ammount of time]

now,in the esorteric realm;
i seen right off that the guys initials (MAS) placed backwards
spell out 'SAM'... is that a clue or code that other sources conveyed
to us that would not make any sense until his publicized capture ???

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
kain_the_hunter

Sounds like my kinda guy. Or he just really didnt want anyone to know who he was.

He must be your kinda guy.
Either that or he as several split personalities.

infinite8

As you can read further into this thread, there were a few more drops of information found on the web. I just don't know if they will ever get to the root of his operation. Who he was working with and supported by.

Grailkeeper

You brought up a good point mentioning him appearing more of a threat because of his M.E. name. How ever in his picture I couldn't believe him to be a "John Smith" anyway.

St Udio

If he has terrorist connections or not I'm not sure. Perhaps he will be labeled as a terrorist just to promote Bush's cause in the M.E.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Sounds more like your average crooked businessman to me than a terrorist. I know of a local real-estate developer who thinks he's a lot more big-time than he actually is. Gold stash, Swiss bank account, fake passport, the whole bit. The guy I know does know some "players" in organized crime, but this guy thinks he's a cross between Sam Rothstein and James Bond.

You have to keep in mind two that the term "shrewd as an Arab trader" didn't come from nowhere. Shady business practices doesn't mean he was a terrorist. These guys can be real wheeler-dealers. Of course he might be able to facilitate some jihadis, but probably wouldn't want to risk his money.

[edit on 12/7/0707 by jackinthebox]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
jackinthebox

Well, if this turns out not to be much of anything, at least one more big time player has been knocked of his pedestal.

Has this real-estate big wheel doe any jail time yet?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Sanity Lost:

"Hate the game, not tha playa."

Not really. He had to wear an ankle bracelet for a while for putting the "fix" in on a construction contract, but that was it.

new topics

top topics

join