It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I Accidently Catch A Spirit On Camera ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hey there,

I've been having an inner-debate with myself about whether or not to share this photograph at ATS because I know what I 'think' it shows and I'm going to be bitterly disappointed if I'm proven wrong ... on the other hand I'd be equally disappointed if I discovered I'd been deluding myself further down the line ... 'tis quite a dilema, but I'd rather know the truth so here goes.

Before everyone goes into auto-debunk mode let me just explain what prompted me to take the photograph in the first place ... then form your opinions after.

As some of you will already know (or will have worked-out from my name tag), I am a 'solitary witch' ... have been most of my life but activley practicing for 20yrs.

I'm very lucky to live on the edge of the beautiful North York Moors and my friend (also a 'solitary'), and I usually go up on the moors to celebrate the sabbats. Being such a wild place you feel very connected to the raw energy of the God & Goddess there. Ever since we started going to our particular sacred place we've seen/sensed some amazing things ... and every occasion is different but equally special in some way.

The only constant factor that links all of our visits to this place, is the strong feeling that we're not alone there. This is in no way scarey to us ... but then we've both experienced so much (both there and elsewhere), that not a lot does scare us (certainly not anything of a supernatural nature). Let's face it we are 2 women alone on the moors in the dead of night ... we're not the type to jump at our own shadows and besides it is a very benevolent energy that seems to observe our rituals.

The other thing that always occurs during our visits (particularly when we are meditating), is something that sounds like chanting ... starting softly off in the distance ... and gradually growing louder as it draws closer to us.

Both being very grounded people we didn't automatically assume this was due to paranormal activity ... we had always put it down to an audiant-illusion, created by a combination of the water in the beck flowing and babbling over the rocks and the wind blowing through the Rowan & Alder trees (it certainly adds to the atmosphere and purpose of our visits ... to pay our respects to the Moon Goddess & Green Man).

Ok, enough scene-setting and waxing-lyrical.
back to the photograph.

It was taken on Friday 13th September 2006 (the night of the lunar-eclipse) ... at about 1:30am ... it had been dry (no rain), for weeks ... cloudless sky ... no light pollution (other than the full moon and 4 candles at the cardinal points of our circle) ... Olympus 35mm camera (with a clean lens).

After doing our thing, we cracked open the thermos (this is a bit of a tradition of ours), and sat back to admire our surroundings lit by the moon.
On the other side of the beck (10metres max), I noticed something twinkling in the bracken ... as if the moonlight was reflecting off something metallic. As hard as we tried to focus neither of us could make out what it was so I decided to aim the camera in the general direction of the light, on the chance that it might pick-up something invisible to the naked eye.

I'm no photogaphy expert it was just an idea that came to me at the time ... a shot in the dark you might say
Jeez I'm so sorry, that was petty bad wasn't it ?

When I got the photograph developed my jaw hit the floor. It looks (to me at any rate), like a human (spirit), outline stooping beside the beck looking into the water.

I'm not in any way claiming that this is what it is ... I'm not trying to con anybody by passing this off a ghost-pic ... but as my friend and I were the only (living) souls for miles (and she was sitting beside me at the time), I personally think that's exactly what it is. If I'm right (and I really hope I am), then this is one of the clearest spirit images I've ever seen ... and would certainly prove that we really aren't alone when we're up on the moors !

I've fiddled with the brightness of the picture in an effort to show more detail ... other than that it has not been touched (I'm not that clever). This is the first time I've ever attempted to upload an image onto a thread so it could all go horribly wrong, please bear with me.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope this has worked if not is there anyone out there who can help ?

OMG it's working ... not sure if I did it or wigit got there before me ... either way here it is and thanks so much wigit

Ok there's no stopping me now. This is another photo ... same place ... same camera ... different night. This was taken at the end of our Samhain Sabbat (Oct 31st 2006). There seems to be a large orb moving away from our circle. Because it's so close you can clearly see it's not an insect and again it was a dry night ... so not water on the lens.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Woody.

[edit on 6-12-2007 by woodwytch]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Hi Woodwytch if you want you can email your pic to me and I'll put it on my photobucket then post here for you. I'll u2u you my email now.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Hello Woodwytch,

Well keep trying would love to see the pic...........

Is it scary looking?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Hi Izarith,

Well I don't think it's scary ... but you may never know unless I can get the damn thing on here
I'll see if wigit can help don't go to far away you never know you may see it yet.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Hi woodwytch hope this works. For some reason photobucket's not working right. If pic doesn't show just shove the following code into your address bar.[img]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z53/wigit_photo/ats50083_Woodwytch_Alder_002.jpg[img]Nope, it isn't working. Wierd I use it all the time. Address works though.

[edit on 6-12-2007 by wigit]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
That's better, don't know what I did wrong.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Thanks wigit, you're a star.

Ok now everyone can see it let's here what you think ... remember be gentle with me ... I so want this to be conclusive proof of an entity observing our rituals.

If it's not what do you think it could be ?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
op, i dont really see the image that you are referring to. perhaps it is just disguising itself to be invisible to my eyes. can you please point it out or describe the location of it within the pic? or even phtoshop circle it or something?

what i did see was what appears to be some sort of a dark speck/dot on the picture. it can easily be seen on the pic that wigit posted in the scrollbox. without scrolling the dark spot can be seen at the three oclock position. this appears to be caused by an unintentional tap of the paint tool.
however, i cant see why anyone would use such a tool, being as that i see no other marks similiar.

[edit on 12/6/2007 by agent violet]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

Hey there agent Violet,

The links in my original post are working now if you click onto them you can see the whole picture and zoom in if you want to.

You're looking at the wrong side of the picture. If you look at the tuft of grass (far-left/centre) you can see quite a distinct outline (that looks human in shape) right beside it.

I've added a 2nd picture to the thread as well ... don't think you'll miss the object on that one.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I have a couple of still pictures I took. There was a bear in them, but I can not see through all the garbage that may be spirits. Maybe you can help me with that.

As you can see one of them I lightend up with photoshop, I have the original and other ones I did not touch up to get a lighter view.
Thanks

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
A trick of the light (or dark) probably, but it does look like the silhouette of someone sitting in a melancholy position. They have their head bowed forward, probably resting on a knee with their arm (to the far left) straight down and hunched shoulder. Is that what you see?

[edit on 6-12-2007 by wigit]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

That's exactly what I see ... I have to admit it gave me quite a shock when I first saw it.

Like I said I'm not claiming it is definately a picture of a spirit entity but even if it is just a trick of the light/dark it's pretty weird.

You'll also notice there is no sign of the twinkling light across the beck, that prompted me to take the picture in the first place ... don't know if that's relevant at all.

Have you clicked onto the second image ... I'm not really certain what to think about it ... I know 'orb' type images can be caused by all sorts of things, but I'd be interested in your thoughts. Woody

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zman

Hey there zman,

That's a trippy picture, was there an extractor fan (or anything like), anywhere near. If there was it could be steam ... if not and you weren't sneaking a crafty cig then I'm not certain what to tell you.

What made you take the photograph originally ... could you actually see the mist or (like me) were you trying to snap something else and this came out on the picture.
Woody

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hi Woody, I saw the pictures you took and then I looked at the ones I have taken. I see spirits. This happens to me all the time I want to take a picture of a bear. It was cold outside. I did not use photoshop on the other pictures so anyone can if they wanted to lighten up the contrast and or brightness. That is what I did see, but what is really weird, as I cleaned up the basement to put a new furness in, ours was no functionable, I found a painting of what looks like a saint.Or something white in a robe. I can not explain the photos I took, maybe just a bad camera.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hey woodywytch,

Maybe it is just me, but that shape looks like a bigfoot. Do you have those over there on the moors? I once heard on some show about them, don't remember which one, that they can look invisible to people by blending in to thier surroundings. Anyway it looks like something sitting over there!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hey Enthralled Fan, you cracked me up,

I don't think we have any BigFoot on the moors ... certainly hope not coz that's the last time I take a pee behind the bushes after several hours up there hitting the thermos

However, there have been several ABC sightings. In fact there was a report in the local newspaper a couple of years ago saying that a sandy-coloured big cat had been shot by police marksmen, on the track that runs passed Fylingdale (American Early Warning Station), on the moors. When I tried to find more info about it there was none to be found.

I've seen plenty of owls, badgers and other small furry creatures even adders ... who knows maybe there are BigFoot

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Nice pic ya got there wood. Id return back to that area and try to snap more.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Hi kain,

Oh I will definately be returning ... next trip will be the Yule sabbat so somewhere between 21st-23rd Dec. If I manage to catch anything new you can be sure I'll post it. Woody

[edit on 7-12-2007 by woodwytch]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Ill definitely be waiting to see that. Also with it being a sabbat day might procuce some better images.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Well we'll just have to keep everything crossed and hope for results, but in all the times I've been there the only two photographs that showed anomolies were the two on this thread.

Also the camera I used to shoot them got broke a couple of months ago and I now have a digital ... which I'm told are better at picking stuff up ... we'll have to wait and see what happens. Woody

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join