It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE RAPTURE: The Greatest Upheaval of Nature

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Isaia 26:19-21,

"Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in the dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead. Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast. For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain."

This was the main subject of a newsletter I got today from Paw Creek Ministries.
I had forgotten this passage. Pastor Joseph Chambers is such a blessing to me with convient and timely studies!

The Rapture is Our Blessed Hope to escape the coming tribulation.
Live right, die right(if you have to die!)

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The Rapture is for those who are afraid of death. The Rapture is actually a new concept in the history of Christianity so you can listen to man or pay attention to nature and what it has been telling you your whole life. That is things die just as the seasons come and go. The symbolism of Fall/Winter is death while Spring is the symbolism of rebirth. You know in your heart nothing is going to save you from dieing in the real world.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The "Rapture" has already happened. Sorry you missed the bus.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Stop and take a look around you. We're already in the midst of the Tribulation my friend. It won't be long before the hourglass is completely empty.

One Truth

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReginaAdonna
Stop and take a look around you. We're already in the midst of the Tribulation my friend. It won't be long before the hourglass is completely empty.

One Truth

That same thing has been said throught out time.

During the fall or Rome it was considered the end times.

The collapse of the Incan Empire it was written that it was the end times.

When Jesus lived it was considered the end times and all were looking for the Messiah.

Rameses II said that the end was near amidst the revolt on Egypt.

My point is that now is no different than then, we are just as barbaric and corrupt as the world was before us. Now we use books like the bible and Quran to reference the "end times" and brainwash us into believing that the "end" is near. It is no more near now than it was then.

Life will go on as always and the world will not end.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

If you mean Madame Blavatsky,
that is not the first reference to The Rapture.

When Paul the apostle spoke of it, he said (Philippians:3 13) "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

The Rapture is called a mystery in that it is hidden from the shallow reading of the Word.

Paul's use of "high calling" is in the Greek Harpazio, or 'catching away'
The same term for Rapture as in 1 THESSALONIANS "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up( same 'catching away) together with in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Wherefore comfort one another with these words."
Another passage is,
1 CORINTHIANS 15: 51"Behold, I shew you a mystery;
We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."
Here's a reference to the Shofarim or trumps.
"The two horns of that ram have become Shofarim: the
left one was used by the Holy One on Mount Sinai, and
the right one - larger still - will be used by the Holy
One to gather the exiles of Israel to their home..."
(Pirkei Rabbi Eliezer 31).

The horn that practicing Jews blow on Yom Teruah
serves to remind G-d (so to speak) of the merit of
Abraham passing the test with his son Yitzchak which
actually occurred on the same day of the Hebrew
calendar. The festival of Shavuot is the
commemoration of the day the Jewish Nation received
the Torah on Mount Sinai - the time that the left
horn was blown. This is the day that Israel was
betrothed to the Lord God.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by Clearskies]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

You obviously did not read my post..Or did not get it. Save yourself the Bible bibble babble and read it again.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by luxor311]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by luxor311

The LORD has not come yet, Praise to the Lamb Jeshua!

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

My point exactly ??? Back to Bible study Bye

[edit on 4-12-2007 by luxor311]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   

What?
Any thoughts you'd like to share about your opinion?

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Clearskies]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Well if there is a Rapture then I call shotgun.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

That's the spirit!
(but, you have to be born-again.)

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   

That's the spirit!
(but, you have to be born-again.)

What does it mean to be born again? What exactly is the process of doing this?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   

The Rapture is Our Blessed Hope to escape the coming tribulation.
Live right, die right(if you have to die!)

The "Rapture" has become a major topic especially among the so-called Dispensationalist, pre-Tribulationist believers. Especially from around 1967 when Hal Lindsey came out with THE LATE GREAT PLANET EARTH, it has spread wildly. It is definitely a favorite topic among those supporters.
You can check the following:

FASCINATING END-TIME BELIEFS OF FUNDAMENTALIST, EVANGELICAL CHRISTIANS
www.hometown.aol.com...

Norio Hayakawa
www.myspace.com...

[edit on 01/29/2007 by Norio Hayakawa]

[edit on 01/29/2007 by Norio Hayakawa]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The Rapture here we go. One Rapture Two Raptures Two and a half Raptures? Premillenna, Post millenna, Midtribulation. Christians can't seem to get along on this subject so here is another way to look at it.

when the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and when the dead in Christ shall rise first, and we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air, and so shall we forever be with the Lord.
-1st Thessalonians 4:17

This is our being caught up (Raptured) together to be with Christ in the air at His Coming. In order to avoid typing or repeating that whole verse every time we refer to this great event, we simplify it by calling this “The Rapture!” So when we use this word Rapture, know that 1st thessalonians chapter 4:17 is what we are referring to. ..Nothing more should be read into it.

The first obvious question about this belief that the Church must be removed before the Tribulation would be, “Why would God want to take the believers out of the world before the great tribulation?” The most common responses are,

“because God does not want his believers to go through the horrendous Tribulation of that time”

“He has not appointed the Church to wrath”

“He has said He would keep us from the hour of temptation.”

Let’s be the faithful stewards and try/test these reasons by what the Word of God has to say. Does God say that He won’t let the believers go through any tribulation, whether Great or Small? The only Biblical answer is, No! It is an absolute fact that God nowhere in scripture says believers will not go through Great Tribulation. So we’ve established that Biblical fact right from the onset. God never “ever” uses that word tribulation to either say, imply, indicate, or even allude that we won’t go through it. On the contrary, when we search the scriptures (correct Biblical hermeneutics), and we examine the places where that word is used, and the event spoken of, we see believers are always there! And if believers are there, that means that the Church is there. Because they are one and the same. God tells us all through scripture that we “will have tribulation” in this world and we will have trial in this world, but we will overcome it because we are in Christ who is our strength. The Word declares “Plainly” that tribulation is in fact normal for the believer, not something that we fear or are expect to be taken out of the world from. Great Tribulation is simply more of what Christians normally have in the world. It’s the normal expectation. Many Theologians understand this truth about tribulation and believers, and so they attempt to make an artificial distinction by claiming:

“..Yes, True, but in this time, it will be different tribulation, and so God will be merciful and not let us go through that, for he is not going to beat up on His bride”.

As faithful Christians, the first obvious question is,

Where is the scriptural support for the claim that God won’t allow His believers to go through Great tribulation?

Moreover, where is scriptural support that this tribulation will be different (other than more or greater)?

There is no scripture where God says, “I will let my Church go through tribulation, but not if I add the word Great to it?” That is a addendum by those who believe this in doctrine, but not prescribed by the Word. This is nothing more than the rationalizations required to justify believing this theory. There is not one scripture anywhere in which God tells us that He will not let the Church go through Great Tribulation! And the Word of God being our authority, we should not presume to say it either.

LINK TO SOURCE

The Aliens are the Fallen Angles. There going to kill us all.
see ya in Heaven we can talk about it then.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Ah Jesus was a farm animal....Hmmm! Interesting.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
The main problem with dispensationalism or the belief in a pre-tribulation rapture is that they, meaning humans have created a road map of sorts that lays down certain things that must occur before this event is too occur. In the end times the world will become increasingly wicked, Christ will not return until a generation after Israel becomes a country again and so on.

Hal Lindsey's Late Great Planet Earth, Edgar Whisenant's, 88 Reasons Why the Rapture Will Be In 1988, and Harold Camping's 1994, which was a best seller in 1993, and the novel series, Left Behind, by Tim LaHaye. These books have spread the gospel[dispensationalism] of man, they have taken God out of his own plan.

So to all of you that believe in a pre-tribulation rapture, the next time your group is studying this topic and charts are presented, or time lines of events are brought into play, Just remember this:

7He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. Acts 1:7

So when you see them laying out there road map to the pre-tribulation, know it's a lie and based on the belief in themselves, not the belief in God or his message.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Most of the members here are deceived. When the Rapture does finally happen in the very near future, these people will dismiss it as the grandest conspiracy of all time. They will say it's en masse alien abduction (for food/slavery/depopulation) and/or NWO-gov't staged false flag; anything but the truth that it was indeed the Rapture.

Its like they're in this indoctrinating hamster wheel. They have been so conditioned & warped by their conspiracies by the likes of their idol D4rk Kn1ght, its going to be near impossible to get through to them.

They've been going on and on about sheep, its ironic that that's exactly what they are allowing themselves to be set up to be. I have to hand it to those that planned all this multilevel reverse psychology; its diabolically genius.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Please can you tell me what is exactly the Rapture and where did it originate?
If you don’t mind..thank you.
I live in a small village here in Germany and the priest from the village tolled me that Rapture is an American invention from excessive interpretation.

Kacou

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject

Most of the members here are deceived. When the Rapture does finally happen in the very near future, these people will dismiss it as the grandest conspiracy of all time. They will say it's en masse alien abduction (for food/slavery/depopulation) and/or NWO-gov't staged false flag; anything but the truth that it was indeed the Rapture.

For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ, ' and will deceive many. Matthew 24:5

Lets just say I don't believe what you believe.

Its like they're in this indoctrinating hamster wheel. They have been so conditioned & warped by their conspiracies by the likes of their idol D4rk Kn1ght, its going to be near impossible to get through to them.

And you are so indoctrinated by your belief in what man says, Not what God says. If there was to be a rapture it would clearly say so in the bible, it does Not say so.

They've been going on and on about sheep, its ironic that that's exactly what they are allowing themselves to be set up to be. I have to hand it to those that planned all this multilevel reverse psychology; its diabolically genius.

It is disturbing, you believe what you believe because your Shepard preaches this to you on Sunday, add some logic and reason before you believe whole heartily in what man says, because the God you worship Never once said what you believe in.

And BTW who are you to question God? Who are the religions you follow to question God? What part of:

7He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. Acts 1:7

Do you not understand?, and who are you and the others like you to claim the End is Near, when the Father is the Only one who knows this answer? Who are You to question the Fathers Authority, based on a belief created by man?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join