It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Blood, Holy Grail Author Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk

Richard Leigh, one of two writers who unsuccessfully sued for plagiarism the publishers of the global best-seller the Da Vinci Code, has died aged 64
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This might prove interesting to people following the whole da vinci code, holy blood, holy grail line of thinking. Some think this is the guy Dan Brown ripped off from.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

He always looked rough in any interview I saw of him and I think he might of been a chain smoker, so I will not be calling foul.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Yeah...he never looked that healthy. I dont think foulplay is involved here either.

I am just giving my last respect to a guy who helped create an entire sub-culture of conspiracy-theorists. He and his co-author were one of the very first...all the other authors on bloodlines, templars (including Dan Brown) followed.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Though...if anyone knows what he was currently working on...please do share.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Leigh and Baigent look alot more like atsers than dan brown... just judging a book or writer by their cover... Any way, it is very sad when ever someone with as much creative talent as Leigh had dies such an early death. It is a terrible time for his family and friends for certain, and of those he must have many. Blessings to the lot.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Indeed!

Though, in defense of D.B., he certainly has his own creative flair to be proud of.

And, on a different note.

Here's to your daughter and yourself. Salute!

My heart goes out to you today and especially the 9th.

Jasn

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This guy and his co-escroc were just roastbeefs making money upon the questionable megalomany of a froggy called Pierre Plantard and other more or less credible french-fries stories.

Dan Brown the non-artist just imitated btw their very method.

All this ended as you know in a sentence from a Mr Justice which was utterly unjust.

RIP Mr Baigent. Er, Leigh.

Edit after reading BBC article :

Following the case's dismissal in 2006, Brown said the verdict showed that Baigent and Leigh's claim was "utterly without merit".

Well, in some way he was nevertheless right as all came from Saunière (the real one) through Plantard. ..

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Rigel]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Well...obviously he was killed by an albino monk.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The guy was a true "ATSer" like antar says.

Long before Laurence Gardener,David Icke, Dan Brown talked about Bloodlines of the Royals and all the mythology surrounding it, they were on the scene. I nostalgically remember reading "Holy Blood" when I was very young. RIP.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
here here skyfloating he was indeed a trend setter, and will be sorely missed in the circles of conspirices
m xx
ps although db is rather good at pulp fiction

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Say what you will but Holy Blood Holy Grail is a fascinating read. When I first read it, I couldn't put it down.

Whether it is true or not is a matter of opinion, but I will say this, they do seem to stitch together many seemingly unrelated facts into one story that sounds plausible.

If even 50% of their claims are true, it would have to be one of the longest running practical jokes ever or.............................

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I haven't read Holy Blood, Holy Grail, but I am quite familiar with it's thesis. The problem with the whole Jesus and Mary Magdalene story is that it is believed to be implied by the Gnostics that they had a relationship. However, anyone who is familiar with the Nag Hammadi library knows that the Gnostic texts are incomplete.

While there is one verse that states, "Jesus kissed Mary on" it doesn't say where Jesus kissed Mary. People ASSUME that it was the lips; the Gnostics never claimed that to be the case. Also, there is a languageproblem when dealing with mystical idologies like Gnosticism...

Let's assume that it did say that Jesus kissed Mary on the lips... This in mystical terms means that Jesus imparted knowledge unto Mary. It has little, if any physical significance at all..

[edit on 4-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I dont know enough about the subject to give an educated comment on that.

All I know is that the book mentioned "turned me on" to certain interests back then.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Skyfloating, well, apparently not many others know much about it either...

I continuously see books being published implying that the Gnostics claimed Jesus was married... There is not any conclusive proof that is the case. As I stated, much of the Nag Hammadi library, which is what books like Holy Blood, Holy Grail and Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code is supposedly based on, is incomplete.

Now there are parts of it that are complete;however, it just so happens that the part where Jesus is "kissing" Mary is not a completed part of the text...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
For me that just shows that Ive read a lot of books without investing the time or energy to follow up on the massive source lists given in those books.

One reads and assumes that the author has "done is research for me" and trusts.

That then, is what we have ATS for. To get an informed second opinion on something.

In fact, its only since being an ATS-member that I sometimes actually look up the sources for claims made in books I read.

Your comment on Jesus and Mary has just added to my education (although even back then when reading the book I had a huge questionmark on that in my mind....intuitively. Last but not least, its not even relevant to me because I am not a Christian).

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
(although even back then when reading the book I had a huge questionmark on that in my mind....intuitively. Last but not least, its not even relevant to me because I am not a Christian).

Well, obviously it must not be very relevant to very many Christians either because most that I have encountered haven't bothered to read the Gnostic texts either.. They just take it for granted that is what the Gnostics believed...
Pretty typical, I should say...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Death is always saddest for those who are left behind. I too lost a child (Callum would have been 18yrs old now), so my words are heartfelt and genuine.

Cyanne ... a beautiful name for someone who I'm sure was beautiful both inside and out.

It's still raw for you I don't doubt ... but I sincerely hope you find strength in your pain the way I eventually did. Your daughter is only ever a thought away ... and her beauty will never fade.

Love, Light and Bright Blessings antar. Woody

And a salute to 'he of blood and grail' ... for making us flex our mind muscles.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Marie Madeleine was Jésus' girl. And Christ just announced to the world the truth, - far Above Top Secrecy...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

news.bbc.co.uk

Richard Leigh, ... , has died aged 64

RIP

64 is not a spring chicken upon death. he had a full life...

let's see, born i guess in 1943, right in the era when America entered WWII,

he grew up in the train & radio era, then seen transistors and moon landings...

he must have 'walked' in more than one reality,
and shared that vision with us all....

top topics

join