It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange light in Glasgow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Hi I was wondering if there was anyone else here from Glasgow,Scotland who might have seen this?

last night between 11pm-1am there was a really really bright orange light in the sky near Glasgow, I live in the city centre near the SECC and the light was fairly low in the sky towards the south east.

Was a bright orange light, didnt move, didnt do anything, just sat there when I looked at it (kept checking whether it had gone over the course of the 2 hours)
At one point it looked like there were other planes or helicopters going towards it.

I got the impression the light was quite far away, I could clearly make out the lights etc on other the aircraft around and they must have been a fair distance away.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I'm over in Edinburgh so I wouldn't have got a chance to see it, i'll see if i can dig up some news and see if anybody saw it apart from you good self.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
just outside of edinburgh

UFO sighting 3dec 4,40 am 2007

At around 4.40am 3dec 2007 to north northeast, i was heading to work
going towards bonnyrigg i stopped at traffic lights at bridge at dalhousie castle.
My car cut out and my lights, i got out of car and noticed there was a car behind me his lights were out as well, he got of car and said my engine has just cut out and my lights , he said i,ve got my mobile i,ll phone someone but his phone would not work, we both looked in front just over to my right and there was loads of lights in a line about 12feet in lenth these lights where size of a tennis balls hovering in the sky about 250 meters from us 80feet high we both just stood not knowing what it was as there was nothing to indicate it was a plane or helicopter as it just took off in a flash to my right, and on my way home i could see a few helicopters in the area i was travelling home at about 6,55am.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by john gillies

Sounds like an EMP, where did you get that info from??

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Where did i get that info from my wife,i am going head over in a hour got some one going take a look with me the object was not that high so my well be traces of it around,and need to take wife over to find right place

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Oh wow this is well weird.

I'm in New Lanark, 20 miles (?) south east of Glasgow.

I was putting a post together in the 9/11 forum and ran out of cigs ... dived out to the garage at about 05.15 (off work today - late night) and there was what I thought was a really bright star in the Southern Sky, more like South East. Really really bright. I did a double take thinking it was plane landing lights for Glasgow Airport, watched it for a minute or two but it didn't move at all.

I even estimated it was perhaps 15 degrees above the horizon. I just assumed it was the comet everyone's been talking about and didn't bother taking a photo. It was slightly bigger than a star, but coloured white like all the rest of the stars.

Damn. I wish I'd photo'd it now.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Interesting stuff

I should point out that over the course of the two hourse I watched this light, it didnt move in the sky, same spot all the time.

It was also quite a big light, larger than the helicopter/plane lights that were heading towards it, but I did get the impression it was further away to the southeast

We should put together a timeline of what was seen, where and when.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
sodom
over 2 hours?
so, where is the photo, te clip, anything??
sodom

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
it was poss a UAV launched out of West Freugh near Stranraer.

they had several tests flights lined up for this week.

snoopyuk

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by maintainright
Interesting stuff

I should point out that over the course of the two hourse I watched this light, it didnt move in the sky, same spot all the time.

It was also quite a big light, larger than the helicopter/plane lights that were heading towards it, but I did get the impression it was further away to the southeast

Been at spot of this sighting and got better distances car was from object.
She left house at 4,20am takes 5mins to get to those traffic lights 4.25 stop at traffic lights thought sighting was only 30secs to 1 min but her time when heading off was now at 4.40am

Yes we should,i now have the story of the events in more detail,this object was close to car,what happened, wife came to traffic lights at bridge they where at red she stopped then all power went from car still not seeing object or lights yet, she then got out of car as there was a car behind her that car same theres no power person in other car trys to use phone but it wont work ,then they both look up and see a line of lights above bridge at 60 /80feet from car and 40feet up, could not see a object but everything around ground cars was lit up from lights like spot lights.she could see 12 may be more tennis ball size lights but no object then in a flash it went off.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   

This is useless if not first person, though I appreciate your need to post for your wife.

Also, no diagrams, no pics. I'm not even reading it and since it's been outed as a UAV test in a post above, I'm simply not prone to believe the 'embellishment' of the power going out in your car and the other embellishment (IMO) of the guy behind you.

C'mon people, at least try! Stick to the facts, include a diagram and avoid the trap of telling a lie in the first line of your post.

Again, I appreciate the need to tell someone and that we're here to help you emotionally. Also be aware that if you post a sighting in your first visit and don't contribute anything prior, or let us get to know you, then that also adds to the lack of value/belief.

Why not post an intro in the new members forum, get some cred, work on the report, photos, diagrams or a combo and then post something that isn't half-baked with no capitalization and form?

2 cents.

edit: OK, it's not John's first post. My bad. Still...

[edit on 3-12-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Nice attitude

why are you giving this guy John a hard time because he hasnt got a diagram, photos etc?

He's just relaying a story

The light I saw was just a light as far as I care, just thought it was bizarre and asked on here if anyone else saw it, I am not gonna make a diagram of an orange dot in the sky and I am not gonna introduce myself to anyone to try and buy some "cred"

And what happened to deny ignorance? how can you claim something as outed just because some UAV's are maybe being launched in the same week in a completely different part of the country?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I now have pictures of area where this took place,i am a skywatcher/ufohunter my wife is not, and she dont beleive in ufos.
but this has got her thinking now.
I know where the other person works but do not know him so i
have reported this to a ufo groupe today, the first report came from my
wife but she had to go back too work so was a little different untill i went over with her and got some distances on the object, it was close to car and no more than 40 feet above car to the right of bridge heading to bonnyrigg.will post a picture up.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

This is useless if not first person, though I appreciate your need to post for your wife.

Also, no diagrams, no pics. I'm not even reading it and since it's been outed as a UAV test in a post above, I'm simply not prone to believe the 'embellishment' of the power going out in your car and the other embellishment (IMO) of the guy behind you.

C'mon people, at least try! Stick to the facts, include a diagram and avoid the trap of telling a lie in the first line of your post.

Again, I appreciate the need to tell someone and that we're here to help you emotionally. Also be aware that if you post a sighting in your first visit and don't contribute anything prior, or let us get to know you, then that also adds to the lack of value/belief.

Why not post an intro in the new members forum, get some cred, work on the report, photos, diagrams or a combo and then post something that isn't half-baked with no capitalization and form?

2 cents.

edit: OK, it's not John's first post. My bad. Still...

[edit on 3-12-2007 by Badge01]

I do not even know who you are or what agenda you have i have never heard of any UAV test in any area scotland would love to see the link to it.
I can asure you of one thing though this event did take place,no lies the truth.
Took this picture from other side of bridge topleft dot is around where ufo was dot bottom cars where.
picture
0304.netclime.net...

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Interesting stuff

Wow.. ok I just edited my thread about my sighting to say that it was in a south-easterly direction just to rule out venus and that it was much bigger and then came onto this thread as it is the next one down in my ATS favourites and saw that! The only difference with my sighting was the amount of time it was there and the totally different part of the UK I am in. Oh and the light I saw wasn't orange, it was a pure white colour, similar to that of the moon, possibly a bit more yellow.

EDIT - Sorry I didn't realise that you had said all that in your original thread thought it was in a newer post - Looks like i'm making it up to mach your sighting now
ah well lol.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

Interesting stuff

Wow.. ok I just edited my thread about my sighting to say that it was in a south-easterly direction just to rule out venus and that it was much bigger and then came onto this thread as it is the next one down in my ATS favourites and saw that! The only difference with my sighting was the amount of time it was there and the totally different part of the UK I am in. Oh and the light I saw wasn't orange, it was a pure white colour, similar to that of the moon, possibly a bit more yellow.

EDIT - Sorry I didn't realise that you had said all that in your original thread thought it was in a newer post - Looks like i'm making it up to mach your sighting now
ah well lol.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by fiftyfifty]

I think bonnyrigg just outside edinburgh is east southeast to you need to look into this more thanks.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by maintainright

ok just to clarify things.... When i posted about the UAV ,i was replying to the OP event near Glasgow not the `power cut in car` event .

and just because i know they were conducting flight tests this last week ...DOES NOT mean that it is case closed.
snoopyuk

[edit on 3-12-2007 by snoopyuk]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by snoopyuk
reply to post by maintainright

ok just to clarify things.... When i posted about the UAV ,i was replying to the OP event near Glasgow not the `power cut in car` event .

and just because i know they were conducting flight tests this last week ...DOES NOT mean that it is case closed.
snoopyuk

[edit on 3-12-2007 by snoopyuk]

Okay, it was two cars that had power cut and a phone,would also think there must be other sightings of this object in area.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Sorry if I haven't read the thread properly but I'm getting the impression someone has had a multiple UFO sighting with electrical interference, and a couple of other folk have had sightings of Venus? I'm from Fife and I've spotted Venus a few times in the SE over the last week or so, really late. (I think it's Venus I'm seeing anyway, I don't know of any other stellar object so bright). The UFO sighting sounds good though. Quite exciting. Scary too.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Would Venus not move across the sky?

What I saw was stationary for near enough two hours

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join