It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE most important supreme court case in our nations history about to begin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Two days ago, the U.S. Supreme Court docketed two Petitions for Writ of Certiorari arising from the same decision by the United States Court of Appeals in the case titled, We The People v. United States. The Supreme Court will consider the two Petitions together.

One Petition for Writ of Certiorari, submitted by WTP Chairman Robert Schulz, was assigned Docket Number 07-681. The second Petition for Writ of Certiorari, filed by attorney Mark Lane, who is representing the remaining Plaintiffs, was assigned Docket Number 07-680.

By the end of the year we will know whether the nation's Highest Court will take upon itself the burden of considering -- for the first time in the Republic's history -- the constitutional meaning of the last ten words of the First Amendment, i.e., the People's Right to Petition the Government for a Redress of Grievances.

www.wethepeoplefoundation.org...

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every new Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 2/12/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Very important development here. How it works out will be an important page in history.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The Constitution was suspended in 1933 and has never be reinstated by any American President. Congress has tried to cover this fact and restore some measure of legitimacy to itself by declaring the invocation of emergency powers by Roosevelt as now resting in dormancy, but only a President can actually restore Constitutional authority. No President ever has. See link under "signature."

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Great post, important topic - I will definitely keep watching this thread. Isn't the court also going to hear a case related to the 2nd Amendment?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dionysius9

No, it won't be a new page in US history. It will be the next chapter in our story of survial as a country. Perhaps the outcome will bring us one important step for a civil war or change in how the government is run.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Much ado about nothing and in my opinion a bunch of attention whoredom by probably a libertarian group seeking an undeserved limelight. The legal theory here is total bull and SCOTUS is almost certainly gonna deny cert and then of course the libers are gonna cry bloody murder when they do. P-R-E-D-I-C-T-A-B-L-E!

Now, why do I know this legal theory is wrong? Easy: the right to petition the government ONLY means that one has the right to ask the government to take action. One is not entitled to any sort of response whatsoever, neither the Constitution nor over two centuries of case law have set this forth. Neither is anyone entitled to withhold any tax money. The people ARE NOT the arbiters of what is constitutional and what is not, SCOTUS is (Marbury v. Madison).

Blind adherence to agenda and attention whoredom=deliberate disingenuity.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
"The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."
--------Article 6 U.S. Constitution

I believe that defending our constitution, is not only the duty of elected officials, but of every citizen of this great country. Defending our constitution, the ensurer of our liberties, is truly the definition of patriotism. We must make a stand for our country now! We cannot let this fail!
While informing myself of exactly what these petitions mean, I came across this site. Freedom Farm Petition
It is clearly our responsibility to act immediately to save this republic. Please sign and print these petitions, and send them to your elected officials. The time to act is now!
Thank you for this thread DisabledVet!

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Blind adherence to agenda and attention whoredom=deliberate disingenuity.

Are you sure about that Kraken? Perhaps you should ponder on the fact that blind adherence to ones government and ignorance lead to encroachments on our liberty. Perhaps you should more fully inform yourself before you jump to conclusions.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by blindtheory

Care to counter my assertions with substantive argument?

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Where did OP get this info?? Where did it come from? Sure, this all sounds very big... If true ???

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   
My two cents is if the Supreme court grants cert, they will side with the government and not allow people to withold taxes if their petitions are not heard. First of all, it is ludicrous to believe the Supreme Court is going to allow people to destroy the government by withholding taxes any time they have a complaint. Second, they could reasonably interpret the clause to mean that people have the right to write to the government, i.e. Congress, the President, and other officials, to complain. This interpretation seems far less destructive to the government than the interpretation in which people can withhold taxes. Finally, the Supreme court will trot out one of its favorite saws, "a page of history is worth a volume of logic." This means that the Supreme court will probably rule in this case that since people have not been allowed to withhold taxes for the last 200 years, they are not going to upset the historical trend as what has been done for the past 200 years is what is constitutional.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Is this important? Is a ducks butt watertight?

Holy cow, good job op for bringing this up before the event. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

The naysayers can naysay all they want.

The government has awoke a dormant beast that it cannot control.

It's called freedom of thought through the internet.

It's the trojan horse of freedom.

Suddenly, libraries of info are available at our fingertips.

And there are some smart folk out there among the commonfolk.

And the commonfolk are what the constitution is written for.

God bless America!

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DisabledVet

thank you for pointing out the distintion between the government and the general population...one is to serve the other in good faith and not the other way around...many people in your private life must hold you in high esteem for your knowledge and the accompanying wisdom...fellow citizen

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DisabledVet

Great post!!!! thank you for bringing this to light. I had not heard of this case till now. I have often wondered and considered that clause. What or how americans could legald respond to out right agregious behavior by the government. We don't have "Such as states do" reforendum votes. Or any kind direct democracy "subject to constitutionality review". California proposion 184 comes to mind, as well as our government refusing to inforce immigration laws.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
What happens if the Government decides to just ignore this? they seem to ignore anything the people try to do that puts them in an illegal limelight? bush and cheney havn't given a damn about what the people think so far about war and the US economy it appears they just do and get away with everything, almost like everyone is scared of what will happen,

its the people who dont know about this that you need to inform to get the protection it deserves so corruption doesn't take hold and it becomes buried because of some silly clause or ammendment, as one poster said the constitution ws suspended in 1933? does that mean the constitution can be protected while suspended? does it still count whilst suspended?

i cant believe that they dont have a contingency plan just for this kind of action,

I am not American although i did work and live there in AZ for a few years, i love what i saw of the USA and its people it just saddens me that a few obnoxious politicians have been allowed to manipulate the system cause the deaths of many thousands while protecting the interests of their friends,

if it takes the rest of their lives they need to be hunted for their crimes it has happened and is still happening after all this time since WW2 they still hunt the criminals, i wouldnt give 1c for the bush family legacy when the dung stops flying

Congrats to you all for the fight that comes.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
What happens if the Government decides to just ignore this? they seem to ignore anything the people try to do that puts them in an illegal limelight?

Good question- I say many angry Americans more then Bush can shake a stick at. I wonder what the US will be like in 6 to 8 months. Will the coming elections run smoothy or will Bush pull a fast one and declare a state of emergency months before the election?

I never seen such a bad government as this. At least Clinton reduced our debt. All Bush did was increase it.

Flagged and starred.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Just wondering what new developments have risen since the original posting here. Anyone have any new info regarding this very interesting subject?

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
There is no law that mkes working people liable for taxes. It is a volutary system. When you take a job, there is NO LAW that says that you have to fill out an IRS form and have money removed. There is no law that says if you are a chicken growe that you must give one chicked in ten to the government. There is no law that says that your labor is taxable. It is all a scam.

I just got a bill in the mail from the IRS demanding over $4,000.00 from 4 years ago!! When I realized that it was all voluntary, I stopped fooling with them, and I throw all their papers they send me in the trash. They can do NOTHING. I have all my worldy goods in my daughters name, I own nothing, and they cannot take my disability checks. I am a veteran of the VietNam era, and they can go to hell before I will ever pay another cent to a corrupt outfit with NO legal authority behind them.

The trick and intimidate and bluster and demand, but if you remain firm and call their bluff, they will capitulate. They have NO LAW on their side..thats why they always say" Well, we have some court decisions "..nonsense!! If there were a law, they could point to it and say " See, it says here that ALL citizens MUST pay taxes on their labor and they owe us some of whatever they get, no matter how they get it.

Think about this: If a person did nOT make ANY money at all, and bartered and traded for their existence. Would the IRS come along and demand a percentage of the man's goods to sell and try and get money for? No way!! So if they cannot collect chickens, they cannoty collect money. If they ever do bother me formally, I will rely on the same defense that the lawyer in Louisiana relied on to win his case..and the OMB number, and all the other obvious scams the IRS uses to prop up its illegal scam. To hell with them.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Im not scared, Bush once said "freddom's on the march!" and hes always talking about freedom being the most important thing...

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Excellent information.

Extremely important. Will the majority of people realize the importance of this decision? For or against them?

I find it funny how the supreme court is taking on two major cases, this one being the most significant in US history and the second would be the 2nd amendments right to bear arms, all in the same time frame.

Has anyone else noticed this? 2 major constitutional areas. What is going on?

[edit on 2-12-2007 by Realtruth]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join