It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Life Revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This is one of the most compelling and touching stories of a girl/ woman from the war torn parts of Afghanistan, the young girl was photographed 17 years ago by National Geographic and the picture for me is haunting. It speaks to me of the fate of all humans, and to the nature of war and the importance of a life lived in freedom and safety rather than on the run for your life. I have kept this picture on my wall and it remains above my computer as a daily reminder of many things.

Here is her beautiful, tragic and loving story.
magma.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Such a beautiful girl as well. Her story like so many others are so moving it brings tears to my eyes. I really cannot understand why humanity has not evolved into a peaceful species! We have had so many years of fighting and wars and we never learn. We have the intellect to negotiate and come to a compromise yet we would rather torture, kill and destroy the very people that are our brothers and sisters! We all have the same mother, mother Gaia! To fight fire with fire you will only ever get burnt! You may think you won the battle but that battle will never be over if you fight it with fire! Hate only ever breeds hate. I cannot even begin to imagine what it is like to go through what these people have, its so upsetting to hear let alone to actually experience it first hand. And I feel so helpless, I really wish I could do something but what can we do?

[edit on 26-11-2007 by rapturas]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Thank you Rapturas, Your words and heart are the beginning of 'what we can do'. It is only in awareness that the real change can begin to happen. Believe in this, and the first steps have already been taken.

Thankyou.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Why? Is this in New World Order? I admit though, I could get lost in those eyes. But anyways. . . .

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PontiacWarrior

Your guess is as good as mine, really did not know where to place it when I felt the strong urge to post this thread. If you think about in it is a NWO issue. I also strongly agree about her eyes. Compelling yes?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by PontiacWarrior

Your guess is as good as mine, really did not know where to place it when I felt the strong urge to post this thread. If you think about in it is a NWO issue. I also strongly agree about her eyes. Compelling yes?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Lord knows what those eye's have seen. Horrific scenes of blood and despair....With War stripping the innocence right out from under you.

Yesterday and today: I asked myself, What if those jets which fly above me now were the enemy? And it wasn't just war games. It was a scarey thought indeed. Like rapturas, I wonder whether the human species will ever evolve.
What will it take to save this world and make the gift of life valuable? Even in places without war there are senseless killings daily. It's going to take a huge awakening to make it all end. Hopefully, in my lifetime, but unlikely since it's been going on for so long. Pathetic human species will continue these atrocities and the innocent will pay.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapturas
I really cannot understand why humanity has not evolved into a peaceful species! We have had so many years of fighting and wars and we never learn.

We fight because a handful of people, running our governments, decides we should fight. All of the misery that's happening in the world is the design of other people, very heartless and abused people, who seek to manufacture generations of heartless and abused citizens.

When you put a face on all the victims of this world, where countries are broken and war-torn at the hands of money laundering governments etc. you start to feel that we are not humans hurting eachother, we are humans witnessing the loss of our innocence at the hands of something terrible and tragic that was put in place without any regard for our well-being. That's how countries like Afghanistan and Iraq have become what they are, that's why the genocide in Darfur is ignored. It's all a cruel theatre played before our eyes, you know?

By the way, star to the OP for the thread.

[edit on 11-12-2007 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Bumping my own thread shamelessly, I have her picture cut from a magazine in my dinningroom and after seeing the thread yesterday that sanchoearlyjones did of the horrid deformities in the past 8 months in the middle east, Faluja I think, it just becons me to be a reminder of the longer term affects of our current course as a whole planet.

God each child is born with all the potential to reach enlightenment, it is their birthrite, yet so far from reality.

new topics

top topics

join