It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 : Reading Material?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hey, i'm sorta new here, and i'm very interested in the subject of 2012 (The end of the world), and i want to learn/read more about it. Is there any recommended books on this topic? Or anywhere i can start?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS

The subject of the year 2012 has been discussed many time here and to access them just type in the search feature top right corner area "2012" and read on.

Loads there so you may be there a while.

Enjoy!

Rhain

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I suggest waiting till this is finished:

The Mayan Prophecy Pilgrimage

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think here is a more accurate statement of Mayan/Hopi beliefs on the subject:

www.adishakti.org...

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Whats goin on man, welcome bro-

I advise you start with Some credible prophets like
John Wilcock
Edgar cayce
Then start to look at the many religions that depict this 2012 pending event. But PLEASE understand that this is not the end of the world, but the start of a new one- "Enlightenment"
Let your mind stretch when you read these things, and really question what you consider to be fact. You have to keep in mind who "makes the facts and makes the fiction"

Good luck

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
True Hallucinations ; The Invisible Landscape ; The Archaic Revival by Terence McKenna

2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl by Daniel Pinchbeck

Both authors talk alot about psychedelic drugs since they believe in the expansion of consciousness approach to this whole idea, so just a little warning. The Pinchbeck book is the most recent, McKenna died in 2000. I highly suggest reading/listening/watching anything you can with Terence McKenna. He has a way of sounding like a genius while being completely modest.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Jownathown

Hi there Jownathown

At the moment, I'm almost finished a book called Apocolypse 2012 by Lawrence E. Joseph which I have found very interesting. Lawrence E. Joseph is a journalist & science consultant (?) and looks at all perspectives on 2012 from the Mayans, geophysicists, astronomers and psychics and theories such as interstellar energy clouds, the earths magnetic field and solar radiation.

Although the author writes most of the book in a very unbiased way, somewhere near the end of the book you get the very strong impression that he believes we are headed for major disaster.

Anyway, I've found it an enjoyable read.

Kind regards,

Dobbie.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
TextText

12-11-21

hi--
iam wondering if the correct date maybe this one??
12-11-21.
i know about THIS particular date--i am not good a seeing the dates of things to come--but something about THIS date I really think i DO see correctly--this:
a US bomb is dropped on Egypt. it has something to do with protecting Israel in some way. more? i do not know nor understand.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Oct 28th, 2011 is a date that I see mentioned more and more often as an alternate to the 2012 date. This is supposed to be due to some disagreement about the date one should start counting from.

Google "Oct 28th, 2011" for some background......here's one link

www.evenstarcreations.com...

And another to a thread you might like to read through...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this page contains a long list of threads tagged with the 'keyword' 2012.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

much, much reading

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Woah, Thanks everyone. You've all been a good help. I will certainly look into these! Thanks again!

top topics

join