It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Good Conspiracy? Coming To a Town Near You?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It seems I have seen the signs of a political conspiracy. But it's in plain sight, and it seems to be growing. More importantly, it's one that America may need to join in on.

Two days ago, as we were going down a street in Ft. Smith, Arkansas, my wife saw a cardboard box with a stenciled red, white and blue sign on it propped up against a stop sign. Being a yard sale junkie she thought it was directions to a mid week sale in the neighborhood. It wasn't.

The sign said "Google Ron Paul" and underneath it was written "Revolution". Nothing fancy, just a homemade sign to get the word out. But there was a few things to glean from this.

This wasn't some glitzy sign invented by a high powered PR firm that spent a ton of some candidate's cash to make a catchy phrase to hook the public. It wasn't up on a billboard that was rented for $XXXX a month. There hadn't been a study made to determine if the demographics of the location was the best suited for it. It was just a sign made by a supporter, probably fed up with the system in America.

Then yesterday I saw these signs popping up in different parts of town. The same type, though with slight variations, as if not made by the same people. The placement of the words, the style of script, even the type of box used varied. It was as if people had seen the first sign, whichever was first, and decided it was a good idea, and then made their own.

And these boxes won't last through snow and rain, they'll need replacing. It will require an ongoing effort to keep them up till the election. But it is almost as if they are meant to be one of a kind, an unspoken conspiracy to oust the tried and true party system. A viral campaign to create notice and talk. A grassroots movement of the first order.

Is this our own "boxer" rebellion? Will it do better than the one of the same name from years ago? How widespread is this phenomenon? Are any of those here a part of this revolution? Are any of you now inclined to use a few of those old boxes in the garage to declare yourselves a part of this revolution?

Am I now conspiring in this revolution by telling you of these signs?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
No notice of this at all in two and a half hours? Are all of you out putting up your own Ron Paul boxes this very minute all over the towns in America? Is the conspiracy to change the American system that strong?

Or maybe some of you are sneaky conspirators for the status quo, and you're all out this very moment dousing the boxes with gasoline and torching them.

Has the revolution began without me?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I find it interesting that you would bring up the Boxer Uprising in conjunction with a grass roots effort to support Ron Paul for President and change the status quo in the USA.

Opium wars all over again?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

When you think about a lot of aspects of the original Boxer Uprising, you find a lot of connections that a curious mind would make.

I'm glad you posted that link. I intended to post one, but thought it best to let others see this without my leading them any.

I wonder if there is any connection seen by the people putting up these boes for Ron Paul? Was this an intentional part of the basic idea?

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I have not seen any of these signs in my neighborhood... But I can assure you that they will be put up now!

I think this is a great idea.

I think that everyone on these boards, Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, whatever, can agree that Ron Paul is the best hope America has at this point to return to some normalcy.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by craig732]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by craig732

Well, by posting this thread, I have infected you with the idea, so I guess that means that I am actively part of the conspiracy now.

But the question in my mind is how did this start? Is it some organized idea from a central location? Is it more of a viral campaign? Is it an idea whose time has come, and it has spontaneously arisen?

And how far will it go?

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I am curious about those same questions.

Unfortunately, our media will never cover this story so we may never know, unless we keep "bumping" this topic here on ATS and we hear from someone on this board who knows how it started.

So "bump".

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Count me in!

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Let's see, we need a slogan for this conspiracy.

"Ron Paul: Outside the Box"

or

"The Boxer Conspiracy"

or

"The People's Campaign"

????????????????????????????

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I think any way the people can spread the message about Dr Paul is good. And I do remember that sign. It was a classic, and its frequently seen in the audience whenever Dr Paul speaks.

The guy just makes sense, and in a insane society, thats something to fear by the people creating the insanity.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
But the question remains;is this a conspiracy to take power from the ruling class?

Does the strategy differ enough, and do those involved show enough radicalization to call this a conspiracy to revolt against the normal flow of government, as it has been practiced for at least a generation?

I think it meets those qualifications. Ron Paul has been forced to the sidelines of politics by those with the power to shape government in their image for political and monetary gain, and now an underground movement seems to be springing into existence to counter this.

In this sense a conspiracy need not be discussed as each individual action, but as a course to do whatever is needed to thwart those opposed.

By the way, I have seen an increase in signs/boxes again today.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
there is a potential threat with ron paul,

an effective tactic is to divide and conquer,and if there are to many candidates from differing parties in opposition to the republicans,the vote against the republicans could be diluted.

it may or not be the case,but it is an effective tactic,and if i were a politician i would employ it.

i suppose the way to counter it would be to encourage more independent candidates to run who could divide the republican vote.

or my plan, you send in false right wing candidates undercover....

....its war baby!!.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by welivefortheson

That’s the never seen before potential of Ron Paul. The worst thing anyone from any party can say about him is that he can’t win. That is the only problem he has to overcome. He is so neutrally agreeable on everything because he believes in real Liberty. I find that no one dislikes that, they just say everyone else does.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
But the question remains;is this a conspiracy to take power from the ruling class?

Does the strategy differ enough, and do those involved show enough radicalization to call this a conspiracy to revolt against the normal flow of government, as it has been practiced for at least a generation?

I guess it depends on your definition of what a conspiracy is. If you take the 9/11 conspiracy for example, the definition would have to be to "play the other side" and allow the attack to happen, while publicly giving the appearance of being on the same side as the victims.

When it comes to Ron Paul, Im not sure what the conspiracy would be. Taking the powers away from the people currently having power is just what happens when there is a election in a democracy. To me, Ron Paul is against the conspiracy of the predetermined elections, the Bilderberg unofficial world control, the military industrial complex artificial wars and so on.

From the viewpoint of the powers that be, I guess Ron Paul and his followers can be seen as a real threat, but I dont see any conspiracy. Please explain further. I think Im missing your point.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by welivefortheson

There is that chance that this is an effort to divide and conquer, but then if it is, it could very well backfire by making Ron Paul's name more recognizable and leading to him either taking the Republican nomination or becoming a truly important third party candidate able to actually win in '08.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Here in GA we have laws for loitering so a card box with a sign unless is for Yard sale can only be put up for one day or you will be fined. When is for candidates endorsement you have to stand on a corner and while holding the sign.

[edit on 24-11-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I guess here, if there is a conspiracy, it is one to bypass the process of selection that has grown up around the nomination road traveled by most candidates to seek the presidency.

Because there seems to be a control point that is handled by big business and the rich in this nation, any attempt to bypass this without using the built in media outlets is conspiratorial in nature, almost clandestine, in much the way some subversive element might seek to gain power in a nation. The dissidents would use such avenues when other, more normal channels to power were made unavailable by the ruling hierarchy.

One of the reasons I speak of this as a conspiracy is due to the fact that so far I can find no zero point for the phenomenon.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736

I guess here, if there is a conspiracy, it is one to bypass the process of selection that has grown up around the nomination road traveled by most candidates to seek the presidency.

Because there seems to be a control point that is handled by big business and the rich in this nation, any attempt to bypass this without using the built in media outlets is conspiratorial in nature, almost clandestine, in much the way some subversive element might seek to gain power in a nation. The dissidents would use such avenues when other, more normal channels to power were made unavailable by the ruling hierarchy.

Yes, from that viewpoint it can be seen as very unusual at least. But when the official process of selection is corrupted, honest candidates seem to have little choice than to try and bypass the official machine and go for support from the grass root movement instead of the big corporations who is profiting from keeping the status quo.

You cant criticize the people who feed you, so if you are going to try and change a society where the political candidates are supported by rich corporations, you have to work without their support and instead work with people who have no interests in keeping the corruption - ordinary citizens.

[edit on 24-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

As I said in my opening statement, this is a conspiracy that America needs. I can't help but wonder how it started though.

A conspiracy, like a firearm, is not a bad thing in and of itself; the bad part comes in what it's used for. A conspiracy, in fact, would be a surprise birthday party for your sweetheart that you and a half dozen friends pull off. And every year millions of people join in a conspiracy to keep up the illusion of Santa Claus to little children.

This is a good, and needed, conspiracy.

[edit on 24-11-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

I see what you mean, but since the term "conspiracy" has been programmed into people to mean something covert and negative, I think its confusing to use the term conspiracy to describe something open and positive (even if its possible).

Anyway... whatever we call it, lets hope it succeeds.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join