It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man dies after police jolt him with stun gun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Man dies after police jolt him with stun gun

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- A 20-year-old man died Sunday after being shot with a Taser device during a scuffle with a sheriff's deputy in Maryland, a spokeswoman for the Frederick County Sheriff's Office said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
If nothing else, just to keep this documented. Yet another death by stun gun incident. This guy was 20 years old.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
A: Don't "scuffle" with the cops. You won't win.

B: Tazers should probably be looked into. More and more people seem to be dying from them. I would bet that many lives have been saved by them as well. I for one would much rather be tazed than shot... personally.

C: I like how the media is changing the way they report these. Now it is just a "jolt". Ahhh, just a little jolt. No harm done, eh?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Very true, however to the contrary - just a little jolt and a 20 year old man dies. Though the article has little to say about this incident, it does drop the tidbit of 150 deaths by stun gun in the past 6 years...

I'd say the odds are pretty good you'll survive a 'lil jolt'... but since this device is supposed to be a non-lethal means of submission... perhaps it should be re-thought.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Tasers should be thrown away.

Police needs to come up with something better.

new topics

top topics

join