It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have anyone on your ignore list?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
And if you do, what prompted you to put them on that list?

I don't want to know who they are, I just want to know the reasons people have for using the feature.

Just curious. Personally I don't have anyone on the list -- I'd like to read all comments, no matter how asinine they may be. In fact, especially if they're stupid comments.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I also have nobody on my ignore list.

I don't want to feel lost by missing anyone's posts.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

I wish w could ignore avatars. Everytime I see that damm seal, I have this crazy seal noise going off in my brain!!

Arrrrrrr

Where's my club!

MonKey

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

One person and she knows who she is
reasoson, she calls me Evil every chance she gets in a topic because im muslim, she also seems to come up with random comments like are you going to kill me and so on, and on the funny side i have Had Pms from her one after and another which i dont bother reading but delete straight away

its better for me to ignore that crap then put up with it

two others because they are ignorant and dont really want a civilized discusion

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I have two on my list at the moment. Sometimes when someone is really juvenile in their posts and go to personal attacks instead of a debate on the subject of a post, I decide they aren't worth the aggro and I put them on ignore. Most of the time I tend to take them off again after I've had a week or so to move on to something else, but the two I have on there now are probably going to be permanent.

Neither one has anything to offer any threads I've read them in, but tend to be strident, accusatory and get personal. So missing what they post is not a problem.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
never have, probably never will.
just not my thing.....i don't like cencorship so i don't censor what i read, no matter how annoying some posts may be..

i love my scroll button on my mouse

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I have no one on my list either - I have considered some people on occasion, but I have always thought that they might grow up and I would miss any thing productive they might have to say.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I have one person..who is very rude, ignorant..and I cannot read his posts to save my life because he cannot spell or use punctuation and it drives me nuts.He knows who he is..because I made him a foe first...returning the favour he showed me.
Enough said.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I don't have anyone on my ignore lists either. I tend to stay away from the threads where the know it all people hang out. I get enough of that at home from my know it all spouse.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I have jensouth on my ignore list because she gets me into trouble. But please don't tell her.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This guy that denigrates me and what I do at every corner of the forums, I think he just sign up on the boards for that sole purpose, even with U2U's, I think he can't help himself.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
No one. I'm too new to have an opinion of anyone else.
I'm open to suggestions tho'

I wonder how long it would take for the board to go silent if I started a thread "Ignore the person above you" and everyone agreed to participate.

I could never do it because this is like heroin for me.

What would I do without ban the person above you thread and the movie quotes thread.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Heck no!!!

Miss what is said about me? No way! Instead of an ignore, they should have an "ignorant" button you press and it shows up on that persons threads

Now that would be fun.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Miss what is said about me? No way! Instead of an ignore, they should have an "ignorant" button you press and it shows up on that persons threads

Hey I really like that idea

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I have one person on it. Generally they don't stay there forever, I'll take 'em off and see if they've improved any. Generally, it usually happens that I've caught them on a bad day, or month. Sometimes though, like that one person, it's just I can't stand their attitude on a topic, and to respond would just get me in trouble. Another not warning warning from one of the Amigos I just don't need.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Never have and never will. I probably have been on a list a time or two but I believe in doing folks like I'd be done unto too, so nope not gonna happen, not in this life time. I will admit though that I deserved to be ignored just for acting stupid and childish in the past a few times and didn't think about what I was actually saying or the impact it would have to which I am truly regretful.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
I have jensouth on my ignore list because she gets me into trouble. But please don't tell her.

I do not...you're a big boy. Well...maybe I have gotten you into a little trouble
Just remember, yeahright, you can say ass and piss around here, but don't you dare say spanking
That causes trouble every time

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well now, tonight i am coming awful close to doing it, but i just cant bring myself to do it...
But i am awful close....

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Well now, tonight i am coming awful close to doing it, but i just cant bring myself to do it...
But i am awful close....

I know what you mean Thelma, and I know who you mean

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I wish I could put myself on Ignore. It would make it so much easier.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join