It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Say Thanks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Say Thanks to a Soldier...

Here is a GREAT SITE!!!!!

Let's Say Thanks

You go to this site and pick out a card, place a message on it and then click submit.

Xerox then prints the card and sends it through the mail to a soldier serving overseas...

Semper

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Very GOOD idea!!! Thank you for this!
I wish I could send them something, along side these cards

[edit on 13-11-2007 by Clearskies]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

That's a great site Semper!!

Cards away.

MonKey

P.S.

Although I did think (from the thread title) that you had brought you butt kissing ways over to above politics.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
You never know, do you?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But, no, this is something that hits close to home with me...

I spent a few years myself overseas and understand the loneliness...

Cards and letters are a true source of joy...

Semper

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
thanks? for what?

honestly, i'd rather be apologizing to any serving soldier right now for placing them into a needless conflict when their time could be better spent not being maimed or killed with their family and waiting for a conflict that we need to be fighting in

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I see the trolls found this thread as well..

Oh well time for me to go to work..

Nothing to see here folks, just move along.....

LOL

Semper

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Is not trolling really Semper trying to tell our Soldiers that we are sorry as a naiton for not doing enough with the power of the people to bring them back to home where they belong.

Thanks Semper for the link.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I see the trolls found this thread as well..

Oh well time for me to go to work..

Nothing to see here folks, just move along.....

i'm not trolling...
i respect people in the armed forces for their choice to serve in them... i just won't thank them for being in harm's way right now, it's not something for us to be thankful for. it's something we should be expressing remorse over.

i'm thankful they do their job... i'm just sorry that they have to work where they're working right now.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I don't get it...why everytime someone even mentions the U.S. military we have to endure someone's soapbox politics!

Semper simply suggested that sending a card to a serving soldier helps with the loneliness.
I too am former military (u.s. navy) and can tell you nothing makes you feel more connected to back home than just getting some mail.

Good on ya' Semper!, and as monkey said..."cards away!"

and to the detractors... soldiers, sailors, airmen & marines...they are our sons and daughters, husbands and wives, cousins, best friends...treat them that way!

You act like when we put on the uniform we become thoughtless monsters.

and madness, what do you have to thank them for?...for being brave enough to put their life on the line, so you can say whatever the hell you want, whenever you want, wherever you want, without having to worry about some jack booted thug putting a cap in your ass!

edit for spelling

[edit on 14-11-2007 by deadbang]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
hmm lets see these evil people in the military for what they really are!!!
Who are these people? and as madnessinmysoul says why care...

HERE!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I just sent a thank you to the soldiers over there who are doing what they are ordered to do. I bet they would really enjoy hearing from others. I'm sure it gets pretty lonely over there at times. It doesn't take long, took me 5 minutes and that was with a customized note.

You don't have to support the war, but don't hate on our troops.

K1

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

That's a beautiful video. Really brings it home.

MonKey

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
My political views should be known to AP regulars by now never the less I cant fathom why some people cant put there political views to one side for a couple days and a few threads a year . I tell you if someone tried to hijack ANZAC day with there political views from either side of the fence they would also get a less then tolerant response from me.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Excellent post Semper!

No matter how many people put idiotic things in threads like these about having no reason to thank our soldiers, its good to know there are people like you here as well.

I've sent my card and hope many more do the same!

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadbang
You act like when we put on the uniform we become thoughtless monsters.

don't put words in my mouth... why would i apologize to a thoughtless monster for putting it in harm's way?

and madness, what do you have to thank them for?...for being brave enough to put their life on the line, so you can say whatever the hell you want, whenever you want, wherever you want, without having to worry about some jack booted thug putting a cap in your ass!

ok... how has any conflict in the last 50 years been about that?
i can understand being thankful to a WW2 vet for it
...not really a WW1 vet
a civil war vet
a war of 1812 vet
or a revolutionary war vet
...to a lesser extent a mexican american war vet as well...

but the modern military has nothing to do with my freedom of speech or any of my freedoms for that matter.

right now they aren't putting their life on the line for my ability to say what i want, they're doing it for political and economic reason

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
hmm lets see these evil people in the military for what they really are!!!
Who are these people? and as madnessinmysoul says why care...

HERE!!!

OK, Darn it....

I've been up over 30 hours, doing what Madness calls being a monster and I call protecting and saving people, and here you go XTROZERO!!!! Making me tear up...

Thank you for that video...

Right on Time!!!!

Semper

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm proud of you.

I remember.

Words to remember. Thank you, xtrozero.

The holiday's fast approaching, and our freinds and family are in harm's way doing their duty, as they see it, and as they swore to do. It would behoove some herein to remember they, the soldiers, airmen, and sailors, have no say in the politics involved. Save your anger for the politicians who put them there.

Take a few minutes, leave your bloody flippin' politics behind for a moment or two. You might feel better about yourself.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Take a few minutes, leave your bloody flippin' politics behind for a moment or two. You might feel better about yourself.

Truer words are rarely spoken my friend.

Another Thank You to the troops to avoid a one-liner.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I am not American but I sent one any way.

Nice find semper.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
In France in some towns remember the WW1 ANZACs by naming streets e.t.c with a Aust and NZ flavour. Every year Turkey is a gracious host to thousands of Aussie and Kiwi visitors who came to ANZAC Cove to mark ANZAC day.

Madness bringing your political views to the table on a thread like this one is like Atheist joining a church to spread his or her views. A church is neither the time or the place to do such a thing despite all logic and rational thinking pointing to the fact that Atheists are in the right.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join