It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO discussion on Live with Dan Abrams tonight!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Tonight on Live with Dan Abrams on MSNBC, Abrams will interview several military officers who are requesting the government re-open its investigation of UFOs and they have the proof to do so!!! This show already started, but the interview has yet to come.

Is it just me, or has the media suddenly taken a major interest in the UFO/alien phenomena recently? Perhaps people weren't dillusional when they said disclosure was at hand...

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up, I'm watching it now...

The media definitely has taken a major interest in the UFO subject lately, but I think it is still too soon to start talking about disclosure. I think maybe this is the step before disclosure, the step of actually being able to start seriously talking about the subject.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Also, another thing I've noticed is that every time someone on the news talks about the UFO conference, they make sure to point out that this time it is different and that these are credible officials coming forward.

This Dan Abrams guy just brought up his segment about the UFO conference before a commercial break, and he basically said that some high ranking officials have proof of Aliens. Those weren't his exact words, but it was pretty close to that and it just goes to show the different tone the UFO subject is getting overall lately.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
All this UFO attention from the media, kinda makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I dont wanna jump to conclusions, but in my opinion this is it. Pretty soon society as a whole will be shown the truth about UFO's. Or better yet the fact that we are not alone in the universe.

Or on the other hand this could just be a story that the media is milking for everything its worth. Either way its very exciting to see it discussed so publicaly.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
You have to remember that the conference was yesterday, so how long of a life will this story have in the mainstream news? It could be totally gone and forgotten by tomorrow or Thursday.

We need this conference to actually raise some eyebrows in Washington, otherwise the only way to keep the UFO subject in the mainstream news as much as it is right now is by either having more conferences, or there has to be a big sighting(s).

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I still fail to realize how getting the government to reopen their UFO investigation will prove anything or be useful. If there are UFOs, then the government already knows about it and has been covering it up for some time. Why would they reopen investigations if they're already covering things up? What makes these guys thing the government would be honest in it's investigations?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiabolusFireDragon
I still fail to realize how getting the government to reopen their UFO investigation will prove anything or be useful. If there are UFOs, then the government already knows about it and has been covering it up for some time. Why would they reopen investigations if they're already covering things up? What makes these guys thing the government would be honest in it's investigations?

It's probably just their main excuse they use for why they are holding the conference. The main plan is probably just to get the topic out there in the media so that everyone can hear about it. That is what is most important. You're right, the government most likely won't do anything at all, but it gives the media a nice legit reason for why they are having a conference.

And don't forget that Fox guy will be using this footage for his new movie that might even have a theatrical release (I think). So there definitely is a bit of money motive here also... not just getting the word out...

[edit on 13-11-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Um, Head of Nail, please meet the hammer (named Diplomat).

You hit it on the head...

None of this recent buzz means anything when it falls off the desk, and it most likely will.

I hate to be a pessimist, but even if it gets continued coverage and someone (Govt) actually takes notice why in the world would this force the truth out of them now (if there is truth to tell...)

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
A lot of news guys seem to have an overall theme to their show. Like Anderson Cooper's show is AC360, but his little theme is "Planet in Peril."

We need someone with a show that reports the news but also has a UFO theme and keeps up with what is going on with the subject. UFOs will have to be a lot more mainstream though for this to happen lol...

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
In another thread, someone mentioned it's "sweeps week" so I'm thinking this is a ratings ploy.

Especially in the cable news scene.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
There is one thing you have to take in account about all this buzz in the media.

In this day an age, when a news story like UFOs is in the media it will get 10x the attention it used to. You have to take the internet in to account and the fact that pretty much every home in america has cable or the internet.

So when Larry King does an hour special on ufos, people will start asking questions again about UFOs to the government. And this time around the public has access to unlimited sources of information.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blitz

In this day an age, when a news story like UFOs is in the media it will get 10x the attention it used to. You have to take the internet in to account and the fact that pretty much every home in america has cable or the internet.

You're right about the Internet, it's a whole new ballgame now. People can easily educate themselves about anything they see on TV on their own now with the Internet.

new topics

top topics

join