It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Rulers of the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I just watched this video, I recommend all members watch it. Our world can truly be a ugly place.

'Global economy' is a modern Orwellian term. On the surface, it is instant financial trading, mobile phones, McDonald's, Starbucks, holidays booked on the net. Beneath this gloss, it is the globalisation of poverty, a world where most human beings never make a phone call and live on less than two dollars a day, where 6,000 children die every day from diarrhea because most have no access to clean water.

watch video here A documentary film by John Pilger

Orwellian world is what we have.

[edit on 12-11-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Google Video Link

I just watched the video mentioned by the OP and it is essential viewing for those who are interested in fascism as defined by Mussolini, i.e. the union of the state with corporate interests. Sadly, the state seems to be the junior partner in these arrangements nowadays.

The film focuses on Indonesia, where many of those trendy fashion labels we flaunt have manufacturing plants. The story the film tells is appalling. We are the beneficiaries, in this culture, of exploitation of labour remaniscent of the sort of thing common in the early stage of the industrial revolution, the sort of thing that generations of our own ancestors fought long and hard to eradicate in our culture.

I say "our" culture, not the culture of David Rockefeller, Tony Blair, the Nike corporation or a host of other western industrial giants. "Their" culture seeks to undo the labour of our ancestors and to restore the dominance of unrestricted exploitation.

Anyone who thinks that this situation is confined to the third world is not paying attention to what is happening around them. The film linked to above makes it very clear that we have to stop cooperating in our own destruction. We have the one thing the global elite craves most. Our dollars. We have to stop handing them over unconditionally

[edit on 30-12-2007 by ipsedixit]

new topics

join