It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Debris in Lunar Orbit

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Apollo 11 photos of mysterious fuselage found.

Last week I got a link to some "interesting" images from Member Impreza.
Impreza's post

he linked a URL that had over 1000 photos from the Apollo 11 crew and some others, video and sound files.
Apollo Media
Get the large originals to see this HERE.

Some amazing images. I was up all night downloading these 300dpi images and sound files. I got less than half. The next morning the images where gone except three very mysterious images from lunar orbit. Today the sound files are back and the launch videos. I have no data on who's site this is. I found more images I got but now gone that had unusual objects also. I need to "whois" it.

This image (very reduced) is one of three.

The fuselage? is not smoothed surfaced, no markings but a shape I cannot connect to Apollo or other known probes. This looks like additional small debris is following the large piece . Scraps from an impact? Also strange lighter pixels in the shadow area of the material. Might be reflecting some color frequency like infrared?

This is in Lunar orbit! Was there a disaster we are not aware of, or is this alien?

I looked at the logs and saw nothing.
Apollo 11 mission log

Did Collins shoot these while orbiting above the Eagle? This would have been huge news. What is this and what did NASA find out about this? Or, why silent?

ZG

[edit on 11/9/2007 by ZeroGhost]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
WTF is that, looks kinda like Africa with the most of it shaded out
It kind of looks photoshopped to me, can you link me to the original ?

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

I post the link to some official images, even these are low res, it's just to confirm the autenticity of the pic you posted...

Here there are the links to three pics with the same object:

AS10-28-3988
www.lpi.usra.edu...

AS10-28-3989
www.lpi.usra.edu...

AS10-28-3990
www.lpi.usra.edu...

a close-up..

The set of images is here:
www.lpi.usra.edu...

Never seen before: interesting to say the least.
Star and flag for you.

[edit on 9/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
that is about the fakest looking crap i've seen since the chad drones! what a waste of time.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by icybreeze
that is about the fakest looking crap i've seen since the chad drones! what a waste of time.

Actually if its linked from NASA which the images Internos has posted are (Thanks for that man) then if its fake they have a lot to answer for. The general rule of thumb is that they aren't faked if they are hosted on NASA servers as it would be a disaster for them

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by eRauzed

Actually if its linked from NASA which the images Internos has posted are (Thanks for that man) then if its fake they have a lot to answer for. The general rule of thumb is that they aren't faked if they are hosted on NASA servers as it would be a disaster for them

You're welcome. And now you know even WHY i did it

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

Maybe a rip in space time continuum..crap I knew I shouldn't have messed with this algorithm at work today

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Yeah, this is actually a really interesting object.

heres a version that I tried my best at enhancing the object itself.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
man at least render something in 3d, your photoshop skills aint all that...

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by eRauzed

ok, giving you the benefit of the doubt and lets say they did come from NASA, with all the "dust" around the object could it possibly be a corner of a pice of paper that is in the lens or scanner? look at it! it is exactly what it looks like.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by icybreeze

oh crud, ignore this.

[edit on 9-11-2007 by eRauzed]

link   

I don't think so. If you look at all 3 images you see that the size is in proportion to the distance from the orbiter to the object. If it was a piece of paper on the lens/scanner the size would be constant. Anyway if it was on the lens whats a piece of paper doing on the lens, its in space.

[edit on 9-11-2007 by eRauzed]

link   

Originally posted by icybreeze
reply to post by eRauzed

ok, giving you the benefit of the doubt and lets say they did come from NASA, with all the "dust" around the object could it possibly be a corner of a pice of paper that is in the lens or scanner? look at it! it is exactly what it looks like.

It could also be the famous "ice crystals NASA always talks about. It could be anything, really.

But I recall that it was part of a larger picture. Tell me, from the composition of the picture, doesn't it seem like the photo was meant to include this? Without this in place, that whole portion of the picture seems to be "wasted space".

link   
Well, imho, it looks to be a painted part: in the areas near the edge of the wrench, it looks that the paint is missing, as it happens to the cars after a crash, and there are even some apparent reflections, imho

Of course i could be wrong...
And about the shape/perspective, i agree with Ereuzed

For those who doesn't consider the source reliable or non-NASA: (does Lunar and Planetary Institute is not a reliable source, in your opinion ? )

The Lunar and Planetary Institute (LPI) is a NASA-funded research institute, dedicated to studies of the solar system, its evolution and formation. The Institute is part of the Universities Space Research Association, located in Houston, Texas. It maintains an extensive collections of lunar and planetary data, and carries out education and public outreach programs. LPI helps organize a number of conferences each year including the Lunar and Planetary Science Conference.

This institute currently maintains a staff of scientists, as well as visiting scientists, postdoctoral fellow and graduate fellows.

The Lunar and Planetary Institute is a focus for academic participation in studies of the current state, evolution, and formation of the solar system. The Institute is housed in the USRA Center for Advanced Space Studies (CASS), located at 3600 Bay Area Boulevard, Houston, Texas, 77058, and includes a computing center, extensive collections of lunar and planetary data, an image-processing facility, an extensive library, education and public outreach programs, resources, and products. The LPI also offers publishing services and facilities for workshops and conferences.

Source:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by eRauzed

I did link you. Go to the second active link. It will take you to the images in HD and sound files.

ZG

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Yea, but get the originals and check them out. I linked them. There are 3 and the lighting is external to the orbiter.

Apollo images

ZG

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Lens flare, space junk, weather balloon, move along, nothing to see. Go home.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
if you look at the right of the first image, you will see a portion of it has been blacked out.

you will also see the horizon is at a different angle compared to the other two even though it was taken from the same location.
you can notice the object has been rotated by a similar angle.

the object also appears to have been blacked out .

these images are curious,if there are from an official source,they have been altered.

why would they alter them?,perhaps thats the intention behind the publication of these images,

it is evidence official sources are doctoring images?.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Awesome find man! Now for finding some text on this.

Nothing in the mission log, so if this was something why would NASA post them? On the chance they thought these to innocuous to be noticed? I thought the images needed explaining.

I already thought of the discarded stuff from separation that follows the ship, but they made some course corrections to leave orbit and any debris would have been left behind.

Also this object is large. You can tell when you get the originals and see them. The NASA site only has low res crappy images. I linked the full resolution versions.

ZG

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Lens flare, space junk, weather balloon, move along, nothing to see. Go home.

I know it is hard to see, but if you know something about the science and history of the space program, you can tell this is out of place.

It could be something quite ordinary, but it is very unusual in that when you are out in space, if something like that is near you, you are in danger. The astronaut, Collins maybe, got 3 shots off, so knowing he did not have a motor drive on the Hasselblad (for weight reasons) he had to get these 3 shots within at least a minuet. It changed it's attitude in that time.

Also, this is the LUNAR orbit. Very few things are in lunar orbit we know of. It is not a recognizable piece of the LEM or the orbiter, and this is Apollo 11, not 13.

The left over rocket that got them into a moon trajectory was NOT blown up, so where is this possibly from?

I don't expect a plumber to know cybernetics or vice versa. But this is quite serious. You might want to listen to what we find.

Keep one ear here at least.

ZG

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join