It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus came back today, would he be viewed as a terrorist?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I dont know why, but I was thinking of this tonight as I was driving home from work.

Given the fact that Jesus was from what is present day"Middle East", why is he always portrayed as a white man in all visual depictions of him? He was most likely semi-arab looking, not a white man. Would he get the same negative backlash as other minorities with dark skin?

With all of the terrorism hoopla today, if Jesus actually came back tomorrow, wouldnt he be ostracized as a vast majority of people of middle eastern descent are today? It seems like a pretty stupod thing to even think of, but I think that if someone came about saying that he was Jesus, Blackwater or some government gons would probably arrest him, throw him into some rendition style prison and do some waterboarding type stuff on him.

Granted he is the son of God and he could most likely slip away pretty easily, does anyone else think that this could happen? And how or why he has been portrayed as a white man rather than middle eastern?

[edit on 11/8/07 by Don Wahn]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Don Wahn

Racial hatred,arrogance and a superiority complex are all factors in the portrayal of Jesus as a white man.

And his return,for those who follow the Christian faiths,is to be glorified in an orgy of blood and violence.And it will be him leading the way!
After all,that is what Revelations is all about!
As it appears that this time around no one will have a chance to doubt him and God,everyone will be judged,and no one will be able to stand up to him.

Take faith out of the equation,and he would be seen as a rebel,possibly a terrorist.After all,he was viewed by the Romans as a trouble causer,a rebel,and in the province he lived in peace was a very fragile thing!

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
And how or why he has been portrayed as a white man rather than middle eastern?
[edit on 11/8/07 by Don Wahn]

The pagans portrayed Him as a white man so that they can continue on with their pagan traditions they are so accustomed with. The pagan traditions has absorbed christianity into their own when christianity started to flourish and expand.

If you dig deeper, the image of that white man is non other than Odin.

This is Odin that many people worship today. His pagan occultic symbol is behind his head. True Christianity is forbidden to depict God in the arts and statues (idols) made in an image of a mortal man. Jesus did not have long hair as He is a Jew. He doesn't have northern European feature as He is middle eastern.

Read this verse in the Bible to show you how pagan traditions was mixed with true Christianity.

Quote:

Acts 14

"8 In Lystra there sat a man crippled in his feet, who was lame from birth and had never walked. 9 He listened to Paul as he was speaking. Paul looked directly at him, saw that he had faith to be healed 10 and called out, "Stand up on your feet!" At that, the man jumped up and began to walk. 11 When the crowd saw what Paul had done, they shouted in the Lycaonian language, "The gods have come down to us in human form!" 12 Barnabas they called Zeus, and Paul they called Hermes because he was the chief speaker.

13 The priest of Zeus, whose temple was just outside the city, brought bulls and wreaths to the city gates because he and the crowd wanted to offer sacrifices to them. 14 But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard of this, they tore their clothes and rushed out into the crowd, shouting: 15 "Men, why are you doing this? We too are only men, human like you. We are bringing you good news, telling you to turn from these worthless things to the living God, who made heaven and earth and sea and everything in them. 16 In the past, he let all nations go their own way. 17 Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy." 18 Even with these words, they had difficulty keeping the crowd from sacrificing to them.

--

The disciples have a hard time convincing people. It is not surprising then, why Jesus was portrayed as Odin the European's idol. If I were to add on the verse above, "And Jesus they called Odin."

I guess things that you have been so used to is really hard to eradicate.

[edit on 8-11-2007 by amitheone]

[edit on 8-11-2007 by amitheone]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Does Dick Cheney poop in a coffin?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
A lot of the Jesus pictures appear Arab as well, Brown hair, brown eyes, tanned.
A lot of Arabs are light skinned and look like that, but some are darker too, also a lot of people confuse Arabs with Asians, like Pakistanis, who tend to be a bit darker.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
White, Yellow, Black or Tan; Jewish, Arab, American or European. If Jesus came , he would pass by unnoticed.
What make me think this? A world where more people know who Madonna is, than "that guy" who discovered AC electrycity, or "That other guy" who discovered that earth is heliocentric.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
A lot of the Jesus pictures appear Arab as well, Brown hair, brown eyes, tanned.

Can you show me an Arab with long hair and with the Odin's symbol and with the sacred heart?

A lot of Arabs are light skinned and look like that, but some are darker too, also a lot of people confuse Arabs with Asians, like Pakistanis, who tend to be a bit darker.

Dude, we are talking about people in the past, not today. Today, people can afford skin whitening products. Most can afford air-conditioned houses so they are not exposed to the sweltering heat. They don't need to go out riding a camel or a donkey exposing themselves nakedly to the Sun as they have can always drive a car.

They don't need to expose themselves to the sun as they have modern means to avoid it, unlike people in the past.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by amitheone

Dude, we are talking about people in the past, not today. Today, people can afford skin whitening products. Most can afford air-conditioned houses so they are not exposed to the sweltering heat. They don't need to go out riding a camel or a donkey exposing themselves nakedly to the Sun as they have can always drive a car.

So? its a fact that Arabs can be light skinned, when I say light skinned I dont mean they look white, just light Arabs, all I said is that SOME Jesus pictures look like Arabs, the rest look like white people. Whats the problem.

It doesn't matter how much they are in the sun, for example in england you have, blond, red, brown, black etc haired white people with different skin tones, who are in the same country.
This also applies for Arabs, you have light skinned to dark skinned Arabs, its called variety and genetics, who cares what he really looked like, all I'm saying is that some pictures match the description of an Arab and some obviously don't.
Who knows what he truly looks like, I don't think it really matters.

Anyway just to be clear I wasn't talking about your picture anyway.

[edit on 8-11-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reminds me of a lyric by Matt Johnson/The The : "if the real Jesus Christ were to stand up today, he'd be gunned down cold by the C.I.A."

that said only the most uneducated people think of jesus as a "white" man.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Jesus wouldnt be declared a terrorist because im sure he would be ready for anything, and act accordingly to defeat all mentalities and schemes at once. Im sure he would PWN the world and show everyone that forgiveness and wisdom are gods grace to humankind-simultaneously. Only the spirit of Christ when accepted by all mankind will wars and strife end. Only then sadly.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
What makes you think Jesus would even know who he really was once he came back? What makes you think Jesus would make himself known on a mass scale? He doesn't care about fame or glory. He could find some other way, something more clever than stepping up to the White House door and saying "Hey, I'm Jesus. Can I lead man now?"

Making yourself known as the saviour of mankind is not intelligent in this day and age. If you wanna change the world, it's gotta be more well- planned than simply stating you are Jesus.

Any nut in a loony bin can tell you that haha. "Oh man, I really wish I HADNT said I was Jesus for all those years."

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
Does Dick Cheney poop in a coffin?

No, but im pretty sure he sleeps hanging upside down from the roof... =)

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I think if Jesus had ever been real, he's come back like he was supposed to and the Christian right has already brandished him a false prophet. That religions thing.. Always a double edged sword.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

So? its a fact that Arabs can be light skinned, when I say light skinned I dont mean they look white, just light Arabs, all I said is that SOME Jesus pictures look like Arabs, the rest look like white people. Whats the problem.

It's only a depiction from the pagans, which varies from culture to culture. We also have the black Nazarene. Have you also seen a buddhist Jesus?

Here take a peek:

There's no archeaological evidence to support how Jesus looks like. No one knows how he looked like. But, every pagan knows how Odin looks like as making a pagan image is not forbidden in their practices. It does not matter what images they depict Jesus. As long as they make an image of Him or a statue, it is not of Christian origin.

The dude above has long hair.
The dude above has the occultic pagan symbol of Odin behind his head.
The dude above has the occultic pagan symbol of the Sacred heart.
The dude above makes a mystical pagan hand gesture on his right hand. It is called the "Ardha Pataka Mudra".

Gathering all these clues, it is not Jesus on the picture. It's Nordic Odin, a pagan god.

By the way, the picture above sure looks like a middle eastern dude and its sure is hot wearing long hair in the middle east. I'd prefer a cooler climate in Europe though. lol

[edit on 9-11-2007 by amitheone]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll

And his return,for those who follow the Christian faiths,is to be glorified in an orgy of blood and violence.And it will be him leading the way!
After all,that is what Revelations is all about!
As it appears that this time around no one will have a chance to doubt him and God,everyone will be judged,and no one will be able to stand up to him.

I somewhat agree with you, however not in this manner. lol.

But I'll quote verses which pertains to His coming:

The fate of the wicked:

It is written:

2 Thessalonians 2

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Joel 2:31 - The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the great and terrible day of the LORD comes.

Matthew 10:34' - "Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Amos 9—1 I saw the LORD standing beside the altar, and he said: "Smite the capitals until the thresholds shake, and shatter them on the heads of all the people; and what are left of them I will slay with the sword; not one of them shall flee away, not one of them shall escape. 2 "Though they dig into Sheol, from there shall my hand take them; though they climb up to heaven, from there I will bring them down. 3 Though they hide themselves on the top of Carmel, from there I will search out and take them; and though they hide from my sight at the bottom of the sea, there I will command the serpent, and it shall bite them. 4 And though they go into captivity before their enemies, there I will command the sword, and it shall slay them; and I will set my eyes upon them for evil and not for good."

Revelation 6

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; 16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Jeremiah 16

16 Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the LORD, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. 17 For mine eyes are upon all their ways: they are not hid from my face, neither is their iniquity hid from mine eyes. 18 And first I will recompense their iniquity and their sin double; because they have defiled my land, they have filled mine inheritance with the carcases of their detestable and abominable things.

--

Amos 9:2 ...though they climb up to heaven, from there I will bring them down.

Amos 9:3 ...though they hide from my sight at the bottom of the sea, there I will command the serpent, and it shall bite them.

Nothing censored. Future foretold. Bringing it to you live.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   

If you dig deeper, the image of that white man is non other than Odin.

The Halo (not the cross symbol) was also taken from the images of Apollo,the God of the Sun.

Nearly every symbol and image of Christianity is taken from paganism.Jesus looks not only like Odin,but also like Zeus.

Not every Arab has very dark skin.Black and white people have different complexions.And Jesus being shown as a person with dark or olive skin is not a modern thing,as the links below will show you.

[edit on 9-11-2007 by jakyll]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
i think Bill Hicks said it best:

"No dad, they are all wearing crosses, you think when i come back to earth that i'm ever gonna want to see a cross again ? You See dad, they totally missed the point., i ain't going back. Lets just mess with them, let us bury some more fossil heads.."

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   

The fate of the wicked:

Hmm,but who are the wicked? Apart from the obvious ones that is,lol!

Non-believers will be damned apparantly,and it doesn't matter if you have led a life full of love,charity,selflessness,etc;your going straight to Hell!

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

No Way.

Jesus is remembered for his message.
His main message was to LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.
How is that related to terrorism?!

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

His main message was to LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.

He also said,

Matthew 10:34-37.

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace,but a sword.For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me:and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

And in Matthew 11:20-24,he loses his temper with cities who refuse to listen to him,and damns the people within.

Then in Mark 7:9-10 he critizes some Jews for not killing the children who disobey their parants,as required by Old Testament law.(See Ex.21:15, Lev.20:9, Dt.21:18-21)

Things like that can not be ignored just because he also said we should love each other! And then we should only do that on his terms alone!

A terrorist is not just someone who goes around blowing people up,it is also someone who threatens the laws and faiths of a state.That is what Jesus did.He was a threat to the Hebrews and,in a knock-on effect,he became a threat to the Romans.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join