It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saint Agustine walks about aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
"Saint Agustine decided aliens couldent exist if they did they would require a salvation - a christ of their own but that would remove the uniqueness of our christ which is impossible"

i have thought about this over and over for a long time and cant understand what he was trying to say

i know he is trying to say aliens dont exist but i dont know how what he is saying makes any sence

please help

[edit on 6-11-2007 by xbrendanx]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I think he's saying that if aliens existed they would not be perfect and would have sinned. They would then require a "saviour" to carry the burden of their sins, ie. A Christ equivelant. This, according to his beliefs, is impossible... With Christ being the one and only son of God, etc. who died here on earth for our sins etc.

So his conclusion that aliens don't exist is that they can't exist without a saviour, which they would not have since Jesus was our saviour.

That's basically my interpretation of what he said.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by Comatose]

[edit on 6-11-2007 by Comatose]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
And it's frightening that he can't conceive a guilt-free life, or life that doesn't need saving. He must be very miserable.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Augustine was also forgetting that according to Genesis the Earth and all in it are cursed for the sin of Adam - Its not the Heavens that are cursed. Nor anyone from the Heavens.
Those in the Heavens were never in need of the salvation offered by the act of Christ.
Our 'fallen state' is possibly unique to mankind in our universe or at the very least a rarely occuring phenomenon to which a host of divine interventions possibly exist.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about it. Augustine had some other beliefs that aren't supported by scripture, such as original sin. He's not Jesus Christ or the Apostle Paul or whatever.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by xbrendanx

I think he's sayin aliens don't exist. Because it goes against his gay archaic religion!!!
I hope he isn't happy about it, and i hope it ***** his life up.

new topics

top topics

join