It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney Impeachment Headed To House Floor

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Cheney Impeachment Headed To House Floor

rawstory.com

Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) announced he would move to force a vote next week on his resolution calling for the impeachment of Vice President Dick Cheney.

“The momentum is building for impeachment,” Kucinich said in a statement on his Web site. “Millions of citizens across the nation are demanding Congress rein in the Vice President’s abuse of power.

Kucinich said he plans to introduce a resolution, which would have priority for a vote, on Nov. 6. A vote would be required in two days.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
kucinich.house.gov

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
About time. Without a doubt Cheney is the most evil of all of the Vice Presidents of the USA. This guy doesnt move or breathe unless he is making a twisted buck off of it.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Too bad Pelosi, the treasonous witch, has stated publicly, "she's against impeachment" for either of the criminals.

There's gotta reach a point, maybe economic collapse before they're out of office, that a couple million people storm the white house, senate and the rest of the 'elected' offices HQs. A 9$ trillion deficit can't lead to anything good.

This isn't up for vote for a couple of days, people should really contact their congressperson and ask them to sign onto the bill. This is a lunatic, war-monger who's got a little more dirty laundry then being a draft dodger -- here, read this:
www.abovepolitics.com...

Also, there's 21 co-signers on the bill already, getting a lot of votes together could force it to the Congress. It's twisted how they got pretty close to impeaching Clinton for sexual deviance whereas these people are war-hungry criminals.

[edit on 2-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Finally people are waking up and seeing that Cheney really an idiot that shouldn't be there in the first place!

What about the big lier bush? He should be impeached NOW and jailed for the lies of the iraq war, the corruption with the oil complies and treason.

Goodjob Kucinich for waking up America!

Heres official story off his congress website
kucinich.house.gov...

[edit on 11/2/07 by Files]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yeah, but one other post on this board going into the weekend? Gotta keep this one active folks, how about you email your representative to get rid of Cheney by next weekend and we can get some change happening in the US:

www.house.gov...

All you gotta do is put in your zipcode and there's an email address -- remember, the House of, vote is next week -- Tuesday Nov 6, you should post and flag this thread to get the word out quickly!

www.house.gov...

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It seems the democrat congress just wants to continue the status quo.

Unfortunately the only democrats that can run on the democrat ticket must first be approved by the elite democrats that run the state parties. So those people that actually are not bought by the corporations never make it into congress.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
About time. Without a doubt Cheney is the most evil of all of the Vice Presidents of the USA. This guy doesnt move or breathe unless he is making a twisted buck off of it.
I think that it is sad that people are actually able to think these things about people in power. I don't agree with what the VP does on a regular basis, but I'm not going to accuse him of raw evil. It's upsetting when people on both sides do it to each other.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Finally! I hope they bring down Bush too. The winds of change are blowing for the corrupt and wicked...

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Writing a representative was pretty easily laid out, too bad both reps in my co-addresses has already signed onto the bill!

I really think if enough people in all points of the country were to think a little positive, write your reps, get others to write to them, they'll toughen up some and maybe sign on and DO something ... ..

Remember "we the people" remember you pay their salaries as representatives. A simple message to them, voice all your complaints, I did anyway, said a 9$ trillion deficit and war economy is bound for trouble, impeach these crooks and work on fixing the nation. Others should, your taxpaying dollars goes for them to debate what, all day and do nothing and get huge vacations -- seriously, contacting them is the LEAST you could do.

[edit on 2-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
I think that it is sad that people are actually able to think these things about people in power. I don't agree with what the VP does on a regular basis, but I'm not going to accuse him of raw evil. It's upsetting when people on both sides do it to each other.

so do you think we should censor peoples thoughts now. you two must be related.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I am not a US national. I live in the UK, but i do have a suggestion for our American cousins? when is your Vetrans Day? I thought it was round about now? Seems like an ideal time to stage protests at your political leaders about the war etc.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
when is your Vetrans Day? I thought it was round about now?

Veterans Day is November 11, its 2 weeks from now. Maybe enough to plan a mass protest.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
No, since the vote is this Tuesday. Dump Cheney, like I posted, write your rep to sign the bill, it's simple to do, just enter the zip code -- there's a lot of reps, this site could do some damage to this guy should you exert you rights to complain, especially since we're paying their salary:

www.house.gov...

Also, noticed this recently:

Kucinich's press release reports that the privileged resolution has priority status for consideration on the House floor. Once introduced, the resolution has to be brought to the floor within two legislative days, although the House could act on it immediately. Kucinich is expected to bring it to the House floor on Tuesday, November 6. H. Res. 333, Articles of Impeachment against the Vice President, sponsored by Kucinich, has 21 cosponsors.

larouchepac.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

so do you think we should censor peoples thoughts now. you two must be related.

i do not see how you made your assumption that he Togetic is for thought censorship.

I thought Togetic's post was well worded and balanced. he was merely stating his opinion that he did not think cheney is raw evil. this does not mean that he loves cheney, or even that he likes cheney a little bit.

the context of his saying "that people are actually able to think these things" is more of an ethical statement, not a statement coinciding with thought police. he just does not see how responsible people can make such statements, and that is his perogative to think so without being attacked.

do not be blinded by your hatred and just say anything that comes to mind. i hate cheney's policies and his methods, but i do not feel i know enough about his character to conclude he is purposely malevolent.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Aside from supposed stories about his involved w/ MK Ultra, the Halliburton connection and being a draft-dodging war-lover is reason enough. The Libby scandal, his role in PNAC and Patriot Act creation is straight F's. Dump Cheney.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I think this is just more hot air to pacify the masses and furthermore, i think they're working together playing good cop, bad cop.

Cheney isnt going anywhere. If it ever came to that you betcha there would be a nuke or two dropped right here in the USA...to cause a grave diversion, and stop any proceedings.

We are not going to get rid of the deadly duo just like that.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Cheney isnt going anywhere. If it ever came to that you betcha there would be a nuke or two dropped right here in the USA...to cause a grave diversion, and stop any proceedings.

I agree with this totally. Any attempt to get Cheney or Bush out of office goes against their master plan, and they would certainly use weapons of mass distraction. But for those who wish to raise their voice, go for it. You have nothing to lose.

[edit on 2/11/07 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Sorry dg, but I'm replying to you. I've read so much sanity on this post except one thing, is Cheney the patsy, or is he the route through to W? I think he is not the route, and must declare that I am British, but I fail (and for once I am not taking the p*) to understand how Cheney is worth anything other than delaying tactics...... Is this totally ignorant?

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

Thank you. I have never been for censorship of anyone's thoughts. It is possible to think that someone isn't abjectly evil without endorsing everything that he thinks. The amount of anger expressed around here sometimes is disappointing.

[edit on 11/2/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   
When the new Monarch Hillary replaces Bush/Cheney. The current administration that we have all been told is the whole problem. The first person I hear cheer or applaud is going to get both barrels of my most vitriol wit.

Even though it will be from deep in my despair, through the twisted laughter at the insanity of people cheering for the same thing we have now, I will level one good post then retake my seat at the dinner at the end of 1984.

I don't know what is worse, the tyranny or people not even realizing it is there.

[edit on 3-11-2007 by Redge777]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join