It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow, has anyone ever seen these?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I found this video while searching the net and was taken by surprise when I saw what it had to offer. I didn't really believe what it was saying, I thought this must be some enhanced video that the author put up for fun, so I decided to check it out for myself.

Well, I checked google maps and it was there, but I've only found one so far. If you want to view all the sites, I guess you'll have to look for them on google earth.

Anyway, here's the video.
Underwater cities...?

And here's what I found on google maps.
Lin key

Any idea if this might be something else, perhaps? It does resemble something like a chip or computer parts, but I can't be sure of that, either.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This goes in Ancient and Lost Civilizations, not Fragile Earth.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Ya know, I looked around to make sure I placed it in the right spot, but it seems as though I've failed. Can a mod please help me out?

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Impreza

Nevertheless, a very impressive find. I'm not sure what to make of it. I can't figure out a mundane explanation if in fact there is one.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
You should save these pictures. I bet soon these images will dissapear from Google, with some convenient explanation.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I put a note on the location, when you check it on Google earth,,,The location is 14 degrees 43' 39.39' S 69 degrees 21'10.75 W

I saved 3 pictures for reference:-)

[edit on 27-10-2007 by Steff]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It does look like circuit boards, but that is just a coincidence.

What you're seeing is pixelation because you are zooming in beyond the intended resolution. Those squares and rectangles and lines aren't really there, it's what the computer comes up with as it's trying to sort out the light from the dark and shades in between. It's quite simple actually if you delve into the workings of it all a bit deeper.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Furnace_Man

Wow, an impressive debunk for a noob. Starred.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furnace_Man

What you're seeing is pixelation because you are zooming in beyond the intended resolution. Those squares and rectangles and lines aren't really there, it's what the computer comes up with as it's trying to sort out the light from the dark and shades in between. It's quite simple actually if you delve into the workings of it all a bit deeper.

So! In your theory, everything surrounding the lake is visible, escept for the actual lake itself? See, the surrounding area DOES NOT pixilate at the same view?

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Steff

I'll let your quoted poster speak for her/himself, but here's what I think (s?)he's saying...the lake has a variety of colors which cannot be accurately displayed at low resolution and are therefore pixelated. It's too much color, too much variety.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furnace_Man

I'm not calling you a liar, but I'm going to need to see some proof. I looked around some surrounding bodies of water, and this pixelation that you speak of does not occur. In fact, I even looked at some bodies of water in other surrounding nations, and it doesn't happen there, either. Also, the fact that it looks a lot like other ancient cities in Peru only further intrigues me, so I'm going to need a little more than your word if you're going to try and debunk this.

Having said that, I'm open to all possibilities, but I need to see some damn good proof if someone wants to say that these are nothing more than computer glitches.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

It's too much color, too much variety.

Actually what I meant was "Too close of a color" the computer tries it's best to sort them but they end up as squared off regions.

I'm not actually a noob, been here for years.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I'm not calling you a liar, but I'm going to need to see some proof.

I'm not actually trying to debunk this. I would love nothing more than to find cities below the water in Peru. I'm only saying what I think from personal experience with computers. Nothing more.
I can't prove anything I said and I'm not going to try. Just take it for what it is, a comment.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I don't think that the point here should be how good the quality of the video is, rather we should check these mountainous lakes for the cities he describes.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Resolution, colors - could very well be the answer. But, it would be nice if somebody could tell us why some lakes have these "resolution" issues and some don't? Otherwise, we have to go there, get diving equipment and take some videos

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I've been luking for a couple of years, but this interested me, so I've decided to post. I found this at lat 16°23'32.00"S lon 71° 6'2.58"W. It does look like something under the water.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I have to admit, that pic does not look like pixelization. It actually does look like something below the surface.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Oh my god!!!

Pixelations! Wow I those are really some nice pixelations! I can't believe what I'm seeing!

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by crighton

Wow thanks for sharing that pic.

Wonder what it could be

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by crighton

It's a saltlake named "Laguna Salinas", wich obviously means "saltlake". But you probably knew that already. I googled it but no mention of hidden city.
This is very interesting, makes me want to book a flight and explore there.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join