It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear and Fires

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
i was watching the news (i.e. watching Fox News and CNN at the same time for fair and balance) on monday. I was startled to see that both news entities were talking about the fires in Southern California. I turned to my roommate and said "how much you want to bet that Fox says its Terrorism and CNN says is global warming?"

he did not take me up on that bet. now 3 days later my prediction has been confirmed.

Fox News says its TERRORISTS aand CNN says its GLOBAL WARMING

hopefully the links are not broken but there it is.

I have been throwing around the idea that the war on terror and the climate change camps were both connected, in that, we are being told that we have to be afraid and the government is the only saviour.

but it all kind of makes sense. how can we just sit there and allow these cartoons that work for Fox and CNN to tell us what to be afraid of...

i think this greater reflects that the world is, soon, going to be dictated by one entity, telling us all to be afraid and that they can save us. it does not matter what you are afraid of, just so long as you are afraid.

-my apologies for any babbling in this post, i just got done with 3 exams and am a little tired and scatter brained-

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   

we are being told that we have to be afraid and the government is the only saviour

Gee, ya' think? Welcome to the world that don't drink kool-aid.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
i completely agree with you my friend which is why i wonder why you foed me?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
You know what's really scary? Improperably installed riser gas assemblies on high end homes. Had one blow out here in N.E. Ohio just today. The results were catastrophic, immediate rubble. Everyone was at school or work. Firefighters said it would have been 'unsurvivable. Now Dominion Gas wants to begin a 300 mill inspection on every property, and bill us about a 100 bucks across the board for it. Stupid gas companies. Stupid squirrels. Oh, the dog was sailed a few hundred yards away and is ininfirmarary. He was smoking. Not Marlboros. And one wonders why I get so frustrated at times. Foe shmoe, woulnd't take a dang negative response personally. Word.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by jpm1602]

[edit on 13-11-2007 by jpm1602]

top topics

join