It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parallels between mythological amphibian beings and CE3 cases

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I was intrigued by the possible parallels between the "alien" beings described in the Caponi Italy 1993 / Varginha Brazil 1996 cases and the amphibian beings described in various mythologies, e.g.

1/ the "Nommos" of African tribe Dogon in Mali. The word Nommos is derived from a Dogon word meaning, "to make one drink," The Nommos are described as amphibious creatures. Folk art depictions of the Nommos show creatures with humanoid upper torsos, legs/feet, and a fish-like lower torso and tail.

2/ Mesopotamian mythology talks of an amphibian being, "Oannes", who taught mankind wisdom. Oannes, as described by the Babylonian priest Berosus, had the form of a fish but with the head of a man under his fish's head and under his fish's tail the feet of a man. In the daytime he came up to the seashore of the Persian Gulf and instructed mankind in writing, language, the arts, and the sciences.

Some days ago, I stumbled upon Youtube's clip of a (spanish production?) documentary on greek TV about the Dogons, which unfortunately was broadcast translated, rather than subtitled (which tends to cause distortion). In that documentary, there is info about the Nommos, which e.g. describe the Nommos having red eyes, three fingers and breathe through a place in (our) stomach area. See www.youtube.com...

Look at the Caponi story & pictures at www.ufologie.net...

Notice the place the "tubes" go in is in the stomach area.

Notice things which suggest the Caponi-being desires water, as Caponi's testimony suggests:

"The being had always appeared with gauze around the legs, and something similar to leather on its back, but this time it did not wear its covering anymore, but appeared with two tubes on the thorax that seemed to slightly move under its skin, like from air or liquid pressure, or some fluid, I don't know, maybe for its respiration. The small tubes both moved rhythmically. And an other important thing: I was convinced that the body was wet, it drained water, it dripped. But not much. From its head, water passed beside the eyes like some sweat. I want to emphasize that that evening my sister had also heard the noises, on the small terrace of our house, where my father had two drums in which he put water for watering the flowers. We have thought that perhaps it had gone to bathe itself. The drums were supposed to be full, but instead one was half empty. Maybe during the night, it had "undressed", dipped in a drum, washed, and jumped from the terrace, producing the noise of a jump in water that my sister heard."

Also, apparently the Caponi being is wearing a jumpsuit and "helmet" in all but the last photo. The only time when it's seen without its "coveralls/jumpsuit" was on 20-Sep-1993 which was a rainy night.

The Varginha case witnesses talk about "oily (wet/glistering?) brown skin", "very small hands with three fingers", "huge veins running down its neck" (perhaps the tubes seen in Caponi's photos?). There is a different in the description of length of arms and legs, but the being seen by the 3 girls at Varginha was seen in "kneeling" position (which incidentally is also how Caponi's sketch depicts it).

American medical doctor Dr. Roger Leir traveled to Brazil in 2003 and interviewed a Varginha doctor who said he examined one of the aliens. The physician observed "reticulated skin," which though smooth, showed the outlines of scales, as well as a "claw-like appendage," Leir recounted (src: C2C interviews on 29-Aug-2004 and 22-May-2005). My Question: would this "claw-like appendage" be at the lower limb / "thigh" area? (see pic)

There are many Web pages on the Caponi and Varginha cases, see
www.hyper.net... UFO-occupants page

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I was hoping more people would look into this and offer any insights, considering that these beings (CE3 cases of Caponi Italy 1993 and Varginha Brazil 1996) could be thought of as "reptilian".

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
This is a followup to my Oct-2007 message above.

Looking into the characteristics of the "alien" beings described in the Caponi Italy 1993 / Varginha Brazil 1996 and other sighting reports, it seems possible that such beings have been reported all over the world and at different times, but given different names. Various regional names (Chupacabras, Kappa, Jersey Devil, Kalanoro etc) hide the fact they all resemble eachother in their humanoid body plan, bipedal posture, number of digits (3), small arms, long legs, facial characteristics, aquatic habits, feeding habits etc.

I my Oct-2007 article, I suggested that they could possibly be amphibian. A few days ago I stumbled upon a "Varginha Diary" article (undated) by Newton Augusto, who independently arrived at the idea that the Varginha beings could have been water-based:

the idea of these creatures being water based comes from various aspects put together: [house-servant working for a military officer] witnessed video where the captured beings were seen inside water tanks. Membranes between fingers. Creature kept wrapped in wet sheets. The alien was seen at the zoo on a location just a few meters from the lake. Skin looking wet - amphibious like.

I had not seen this information until now and I would appreciate any confirmation of the abovementioned info.

There is also the well-documented connection of UFOs with bodies of water (e.g. UFOs seen "sucking water" out of reservoirs, or diving into lakes).

Considering the similarities in core characteristics (sticking to body plan, bipedal posture, three toed hands/feet, short arms, long feet, facial characteristics etc) and feeding habits of the hispanic America's Chupacabras, the Kappas (amphibian beings in Japan's folklore, described to feed by sucking out the prey's blood and/or entrails) etc, a connection with the "cattle mutilation" phenomenon, long associated with UFOs, seems a very real possibility (and offers new options to what was generally assumed to be "aliens studying cattle")

I expand on this subject in my UFO occupants page at
www.hyper.net...

PS: Because the photos of the Caponi case (which was publicized in 1993, pre-dating Varginha) circulating on the Internet are generally of poor quality, I'm attaching his #4 photo, where the facial details and 3-fingers on hands and feet are more evident:

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Interesting. Check out the wiki on Dagon:
Dagon

Mythological Deity who just happens to be part fish, part humanoid.

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

join