It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims & America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Now this is an interesting documentary for all of you to see!

Morgan Spurlock, director of the documentary "Super Size Me" sends David Stacy, a practicing Christian from Virginia, to 'work, eat, and sleep' as a Muslim in 'the heart of Muslim America, Dearborn, Michigan.'

Google Video Link

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

I don't have the time or patience to sit for 46 minutes and watch a little screen... summery please.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Basicly shows just how little the American public actually knows about Islamic religion - and it also points out, how hard it is these days to live and work as a Muslim in America. Once it was a Black Man in car - today it's a Muslim on an airplane. It is worth a look. And you can still click the full-screen version.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

People always say that the airports are stereotyping.. Really? Who are they supposed to check at the airport? The little white garbage lady who has a cane in her hand? Yeah, I bet she's just plastered with bombs.
Or maybe they should check the little Spanish lady with two kids;I bet she's shoved three bombs into their pockets.

My point is simple. Considering the fact that it is invariably an Arab and a Muslim who are involved in these terrorists attacks, it stands to reason that the airports would be more weary of them than others. Get my drift?

[edit on 22-10-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
So you are saying, that EVERY Muslim that comes to the airport should be checked for bombs and explosives? Have you any idea how ignorant that sounds? Tell me please, how many terrorist attacks have happened in United States by Muslims? Exactly ONE! Considering that, a FACT is that More Americans Are Killed By PEANUTS Then By Islamic Terrorists! Guess what - even lost deer kill more Americans every single year then "The Terrible Muslims Terrorists". And even Lightning kills more Americans then terrorism! So why doesn't the airports check for any killing M&Ms or some lost deer then if they are so concerned about your safety?

My Dear Friend, you live in such a paranoid state of F.E.A.R. (False Evidence Appearing Real) from anything Muslim or Islamic - which was injected into you by your own dear government. In fact, I really an not surprised at all - because with all this media bombardment, it would be a miracle, if you would not be Islamoparanoid. And this documentary perfectly shows an averege American reaction, when they are asked what is the first associaton to Muslim - the answer was TERRORISM of course.

What else...

[edit on 22/10/07 by Souljah]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

Yes, ignorant. Here, this is something I thought might help you out:

nowscape.com...

And here's another one:

www.danielpipes.org...

This one's a great read:

www.religionnewsblog.com...

Now, who did you say the ignorant people were again? Here we have motivation. Strong motivation in a time that it is being brought out as well.

Everyone should be checked, but Muslims should definitely be a priority.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Oh please spare me this pathetic Islamophobic sites!

I am surprised you did not post the famous RELIGION OF PEACE!

Seriously - Daniel Pipes?

SourceWatch

Daniel Pipes is a neo-conservative, orientalist, extreme right-wing Zionist, and often expresses islamophobic statements. He is director of the Middle East Forum, and a columnist for right-wing newspapers. His father is Richard Pipes.

He is a frequent media commentator on the main network comment neweprogams, where he mostly comments on the Middle East and "terrorism". His columns have appeared in the Atlantic Monthly, Commentary, Foreign Affairs, Harper's, National Review, New Republic, Policy Review, FrontPage, Jerusalem Post and The Weekly Standard. His columns have also appeared in several mainstream newspapers.

Oh yes - such an innocent soul, who has nothing to do with Islamophobia.

And it has got a grip on you too my Dear Friend.

May I dare you to actually take 40 minutes of your time and actually watch this short documentary? It might help to shed a light or two on the religion of Islam. If I am not asking too much...

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

Islamaphobic huh?

Well I was under the impression that the first link I posted had ACTUAL scripts from the Quran. Maybe you should go back and look again. Pretty hard to be just Islamaphobic when you can actually see what the Quran really does teach eh?

I'm in the middle of watching another video right now, after that, I will see what your documentary has to say.

And that's fine, we'll leave out the 2nd link I gave you.

[edit on 22-10-2007 by bigbert81]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all branches of one same religious tree. And I most certainly can find traces of cruetly and violence in the Old and the New Testament. Which still does not proove that en entire religion and their followers are violent. Or does that work form Islam only?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

Yes, there is violence in EVERY religion. (Hmmm, maybe except for Buddhism.) But the fact of the matter is that Islam PREACHES it. It ENCOURAGES it.

Even if we look at Muhammed, the prophet of Islam, and see that he was a mass murdering, pedofile warlord. And the fact that these people bow down to him might give you an idea what Islam teaches.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Is it profiling - YES.

Is it called for - YES!

You say there has been only ONE attack IN America spearheaded by muslims. Lets take a look at attacks ON America.

USS COLE - Perpatrated by Yeminese / Sudananese extremists under the flag of al-qaeda.

October 1983 - Shi'ite Muslim suicide bombers kill 241 U.S. Marines and 58 French paratroopers

1993 World Trade Center bombing (February 26, 1993) a car bomb was detonated by Islamic terrorists in the underground parking garage below Tower One of the World Trade Center in New York City

For many many years the British were at war with the IRA. When something bad happened in England, Irish persons were profiled. They were doing what had to be done, just like America is doing what needs to be done to protect our citizens from muslim terrorists.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Dorian Soran

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
So you are saying, that EVERY Muslim that comes to the airport should be checked for bombs and explosives? Have you any idea how ignorant that sounds? Tell me please, how many terrorist attacks have happened in United States by Muslims? Exactly ONE!

Yeah, and guess what, "partner"... THAT ONE KILLED more Americans than any other attack that has ever taken place on U.S soil. Thank ya. You have a lovely day now.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all branches of one same religious tree. And I most certainly can find traces of cruetly and violence in the Old and the New Testament. Which still does not proove that en entire religion and their followers are violent. Or does that work form Islam only?

I agree with you. The OT is, in my opinion, entirely faulty... But yeah, you are correct.. The Abrahamic religions have caused more harm in this world than any other group of spiritual believers I can think of. By the way, that is coming from the mouth of a CHRISTIAN.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

So you are saying, that EVERY Muslim that comes to the airport should be checked for bombs and explosives?

Did I say that? Nope. However, I don't think that it should come as a surprise when it happens.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I see everybody made up their mind already.

Just one last question:

HOW MANY DID ACTUALLY WATCH THIS DOCUMENTARY?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

I did watch the video like I promised, and all I saw was a stupid man, who had the hardest time understanding that he prays to the same God as they do, taking in a small amount of Islam culture.

He lived the life for 30 days, and was shown about the good side of Islam. Here is another website that shows this also:

www.sufism.org...

The thing is though, that there are just as many Hadiths which encourage violence. In fact, it is a Hadith (Hadith number 2,562 in the collection known as the Sunan al-Tirmidhi) which talks of the 72 virgins, whereas the Quran is not specific with the number.

Muhammed was an evil man. I've already given you a link with several Quran quotes regarding and encouraging violence. This is fact. Just because Islam is obviously not ALL violent, doesn't mean that it doesn't steer in that direction.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

Why watch it when it is strictly the view point of one person? For all anyone knows he could very well be biaed towards Islam

[edit on 10/22/2007 by shots]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Bigbert, Sufism is a positive aspect of Islam

Too bad Muslims have declared it a "heresy."

[edit on 22-10-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Huh. Thanks for pointing that out. Here's a bit from wikipedia:

The two main bodies of Islam are the Sunnis and the Shi'as. These main denominations view each other as heretical. Groups like the Sufis, the Hurufiya and the Bektashi are regarded as heretical. Although Sufism is often accepted as valid by Shi'a and some Sunnis, Sunni movements like Wahhabism view it as heretical

It actually DOES seem heretical, but that just seems to be the viewpoint from one side; however, guess what. Wahhibism is "the most extreme, separatist, and violent form of Islam" SOURCE: www.nationalreview.com...

So therefore, your point rings extremely valid with what is going on in the world and why Muslims ARE stereotyped as much as they are.

Good point, thanks again.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81

Muhammed was an evil man. I've already given you a link with several Quran quotes regarding and encouraging violence. This is fact. Just because Islam is obviously not ALL violent, doesn't mean that it doesn't steer in that direction.

You are appearing as dumb as the terrorists! Sorry no offense, but their mind works like your mind, just in opposites haha.

May I give you assistance to show you that what you say is wrong and that you have not studied it at all.
Let me show you just one of those quotes from nowscape.com... and show you what it REALLY means.

Surah 9 .5
On the site it says "Kill those who join other gods with God wherever you may find them"
Heres a more full translation.
"But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful"

Now Look here for its REAL interpretation, to what it REALLY means, read it well and you will realize your wrong thinking.
en.wikipedia.org...'an and go to 3.2.3 Jihad and Sura 9. (Edit: for some reason link doesnt work, so after clicking click search for criticism etc......)
And here
(edit: mistake )

Obviously that site you gave us is against Islam, and is trying its best to make it look bad. They have an agenda.

Taking small quotes from a full surah and trying to understand it isn't clever!
It is only PART of the story, and therefore you wouldn't understand it, and would obviously get the wrong idea.

For example if you took a part from a random Book, And read out something like "John took his knife and cut Micheal's throat, the blood poured, and thus Micheal died at johns feet"
It would seem like John is a bad man, but in reality he is NOT, because in the story, Micheal was a pedophile serial killer, and was about to rape and kill Johns daughter, when Micheal got caught he tried to kill john, but luckily john had a knife!

See what I mean? Read the fully story and understand it, not just take tiny bits and think you understand it, thats just silly.

Also In my opinion a true Muslim only FOLLOWS the Quran, Hadiths are just story books, just like any other books, made by other people, some even many many years after Mohamed's death. Therefore following these books would be silly, because they might hold little truth, in my opinion a lot of Muslims problems come from people following the hadiths, some even more than the Quran itself.

Hadiths still can be good, for having an idea about the life of Mohamed's, but thats all they are stories. So quoting from Hadiths and saying "SEE here proof!! muslims are evil", well thats just wrong!

I hope you understand what I'm saying. Peace.

[edit on 22-10-2007 by _Phoenix_]

[edit on 22-10-2007 by _Phoenix_]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join